Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12

Author Topic: Shines the Name-Misson 1, Stead Burner/Space Marine RPG play thread  (Read 7714 times)

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
Re: Shines the Name-Misson 1, Stead Burner/Space Marine RPG play thread
« Reply #75 on: July 21, 2011, 05:53:15 pm »

Roger looks over the schedule and notes that he would be sharing the range with Taiya for the high difficulty training, then looks over to the squad leader with a smirk "Well, looks like I get to see whether or not you deserve your rank"

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 21, 2011, 06:16:01 pm »

"Boy, You're going to see why I enjoyed Antigen the first time 'round"
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 21, 2011, 06:25:05 pm »

"Can't be any harder that Ozark" Roger retorted. He didn't know much about the Xenos, but in his mind they could not be worse than the bomb happy cowards that called themselves the Rebels.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 22, 2011, 09:15:09 pm »

Rico(Kadzar)
Rico hits the gym with his other teammates, mixing up weight lifts, aerobic jogging and getting the shit beat out of him by Joao.

Later, he visits the armory and selects out a Kukri knife, Beretta M50, and a Kangaroo, which he puts to immediate use in Holo training. He pays attention to knife throwing in particular.

After he's done with weapon training, he spends a little time in the laboratory-learning weak spots in Xeno biology. He discovers how to zero in on the Xeno sensor cluster in between their eyes-if your armed with just a knife, that's the one place you can hurt them.

Afterwards, he collapses into a restful sleep, dreaming of Wulfric getting captured by Xenos, and Taiya shooting him and saying "I'd expect that you would do the same for me!".

Wulfric (Adwarf)
Wulfric is the first to hit his bunk-by the time he wakes up ten hours later, he's feeling pretty good. The future isn't so bad, now that they eliminated hang overs with the power of science!

He finds the gym empty by now, and concentrates on building up his strength for the heavy gravity of Antigen.

Four hours later, he travels over to the armory, choosing the shiniest autocannon, a backup Beretta, and a few bricks of plastic explosives. Could always come in handy!

Wulfric makes his way to the engineering bay, and decides to make a robot turret. Despite the objections of the other workers, he begins welding together something, and four hours later...

(Engineering Difficulty 1d10=5) (time spent Bonus, Lab Bonus, +2)
(Roll-1d20=9-5+2=6)

When he finishes, he's made a sentient cube refrigerator. This will be awesome in his den. Wait, what? Why is it saying it wants to die?

He wanders over to the Holo Shooting Range and gets stuck in a "conflict resolution". He solves it by shooting everything. Turns out Xenos don't like fire.

Daniel (Shootandrun)
Daniel joins Rico in the gym, getting beat up by Joao. He's retires with alot of new bruises, and some new tricks of his own.

He finds the armory a welcome change-he gets acquainted with the new Plasma pistol and rifle at his disposal. The Churchhill's Engineers claim to have made custom enhancements to increase it's reliability, but he still picks up a shotgun as backup.

After that, it's a grueling eight hour session of Holo-Shooting, where he learns to hit Xeno Warriors with somewhat inaccurate plasma weapons, and learns some of their nastier tricks. He's lucky his first death to a Xeno Workers acid puke was simulated.

He's all too ready for sleep after that.

Ludwig (Vagel7)
Vagel heads straight to the bridge, to see the beauty of Captain Frost for himself. She's...everything they say. And more! He decides to hit on her. Bad move.

In fact, his powers get away from him a bit, and he accidently sets off the Captains deluxe Neural-Booster to retaliate from his unintended probing. Ship security then knocks him out, slaps a psi-control helmet on him, and takes him to the brig, where he spends the remaining travel time.

It will be up to Taiya is she lets him attend the mission after his psionic ball busting.

Taiya (Taricus)
Opting for a short nap before jumping into a balanced schedule, Taiya first stop is the armory. She picks out the weapons she's familiar with-the Kangaroo and a Barreta.

After that, it's two hours spent between exercising and buttering up the Mission handlers in the lounge. They say they can possibly generate a distraction on far side of the world to cover your escape if the ship is detected. It's not approved, but it's available. 

After that, she goes down for another short sleep...when she wakes up, she practices in the holo-simulator, repeatedly turning up the difficulty. She's somewhat worried that too much time in the Holo might gives soldiers an inaccurate idea of what they're actually going to be facing down there.

She pays a visit to the captain, and mollifies her anger over Ludwigs...antics. She tells Taiya that she's free to take him on the mission, if she thinks he's useful. Eventually, Taiya manages to get the ear of a one of the more talkative bridge crew members, who informs her the Churchhills stealth field relies on 'phasing' the ship partially out of the 3rd dimension. Any sort of communication or energy source can give them away though.

Her last hours are on studying any recent Xeno mutation strains. Their armor seems to have evolved thicker and more resistant to ballistic weapons since she last fought them. Not a good sign.

OOC: First half of post, to keep people from going crazy.  Vagels gone off the radar for a week, so you can choose to auto him or just leave him.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 10:09:48 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 24, 2011, 10:54:01 pm »

OOC: I'll be doing the turns for a bit, I'll get to writing the rest up once I get up though.

Patrik (Ahra)
Patrik first decides to head to the lounge first, taking some time to relax before getting down to work.

He heads to the armoury first, picking an Echo, Kangaroo and a Kukri out from the stocks, then heads to lab to get some anatomic research in.

Once he's finished learning about xeno biology he heads over to the shooting range (Unable to attend all of the higher difficulty sims due to the times on his schedule) and gets some practice. What he does see of the of the harder sim, he may've not wanted to know. Simply put, he's lucky about the fact it was a sim and not anything they'll be facing planetside. This time.

After that, it's off to the gym for some environmental conditioning for a few hours, helping with getting his body ready for the desolate conditions on Antigen.

Once that's over it's off for a nice sleep for a few hours.

Rodger (Luke)
Rodger first heads to the crew quarters, getting a nice amount of sleep before heading to the armoury and picking out his weapons.

Three hours later it's off to the sims. The lower leveled one gives you a fair amount of training for the mission, though the hard one is, well, insane. Every theoretical strain that the xenos can evolve is in there. Suicide bomb bugs, Gunship bugs. You name it, it was in that simulation. Good thing you just slept.

He makes his way over to the gym afterwards, a bit eager to get his mind off of Ozark, and onto preparing himself for the mission.

After he finishes that, it's off to the lounge for some downtime then a tour (or a walk around) the bridge.

Joao (Toriad)
First thing on Joao's agenda is physically beating the bejeezus out of the other crewmembers, and what better way of doing this than the gym. 10 hours and several bouts later he leaves fairly bruised but overall victorious, before heading to the crew quarters for some kip.

The dream he had was nice, a snazzy hunting rifle, and several large game animals on hex. They ended up on a plate or mounted on a wall.

Afterwards, it's off to the armoury, grabbing a few weapons for the mission, and Joao thinks he has an idea for improving the .66 Marksman rifle.

Code: [Select]
(Engineering difficulty 1d10=2)(Time spent bonus, lab bonus +4)
(Roll-1d20=19-2+4=23)
Turns out he had the perfect idea no-one thought of, getting to work and some help when you ask for it.

The upgrade is a smashing success. Apparently he's going to keep this after the tour of duty ends too, if the dream is anything to go by.((Though I'll let dwarmin have the say about what it was))

Lev (Phantom)
When Lev gets onto doing something, the first he does is check the equipment, taking his equipment for the mission. He then gets to work in the engineering bay, fiddling around some some part for a suit of class "A" power armour.

(Engineering difficulty 1d10=1)(Time spent bonus, lab bonus +8)
(Roll-1d20=13-1+8=20)

((Same as with Joao, I'll let Dwarmin say what happened here))

After the fine work that he did in the armoury, Lev heads into the shooting range for some training. He feel a bit uncomfortable after the harder sim, due to the designers of such sim taking into account everything.

Parting ways with the shooting range and thus some of his squadmates, he heads off into the gym for a few hours for the running machines, with leg strength being important for all the running around that he'll be doing.

Then it's off to the lab after the running training to see where to shoot the xenos. The leg joints don't have as thick a carapace os the rest of the body, they can be severed with a good shot.

And finally, Lev hits the sack.

Jessica (Pies)

Jess spends her first three hours in the gym, exersizing and watching Joao beat the crap out of some sailors.

Once that's done, she heads off to the armoury to make sure everything is in working gear and picks her equipment out for the mission before heading off to get some sleep.

Afterwards, it's off to engineering to see how the plasma weapons can be upgunned.

(Engineering difficulty 1d10=10)(Time spent bonus, lab bonus +6)
(Roll-1d20=10-10+6=6)

She barely managed to undo the "Upgrade" after someone test-firing it got their arm seared after one shot. Needless to say, they're not letting Jess near them anytime soon.

As soon as she leaves the bay, Jess heads off into the lounge, managing to mend the social wounds and anger over the plasma weapons. They're still a bit miffed about the incident though. Hopefully the grunt that got his arm burnt will get better.

A couple of hours later it's off to the range for some practice, though a HtH wasn't what you'd expect ing a shooting range.

OOC: Any errors or inconsistancies, please point them out.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 07:15:56 am by Taricus »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 25, 2011, 08:50:22 am »

Turn 1
Joao fiddled with his rifle-and installed a new digital scope. With a little side knowledge from Taiya, he programmed it to single out Xeno-Nerve clusters, or for that matter, Human brain stems. Pretty gnarly! Granted, since most Xenos feel no pain and can operate at 75% combat efficency with half of their legs blown off, a single shot to the Nerve cluster is the only way to kill them in one blow.

Lev begins sorting through the armor's system, and begins clearing up a depressing number of programming bugs that could cause it to freeze up, or spasm and pull triggers randomly, mowing down his friends. Leave it up to Earthgov to build $178,000,000 credits worth of armor and hire slave wage mutant Koreans to program it.

Jess tinkering with Plasma guns was an abject failure, but she got some working knowledge of how to treat plasma burns, at least...

------------------
Twenty four hours later, the E.G.S Churchhill arrives in silent orbit over Antigen, reduced to essential systems only-minimal life support, low light.

The eerie red glow of the Planet is seen through the viewscreens. Captain Frost highlights the spot where the mission will take place. Most of the men are highlighting her.

"My bird will take you here..."  She indicates a spot on the screen, a shelf of high density metals "...and drop you off. Assuming you want us to. I can see a few drop spots a little closer, but probably not as safe. As you can see, there's a small, canyon path that leads to the Hive proper. It's a bit too obvious to me, but it will get you there quick at least."

She widens the screen.

""Most of the land around the dropsite is covered in thick jungle and low hills...it's a little less direct, but your chance of concealment is better. Captain Taiya can inform you exactly what sort of creatures make their homes here. Trust me, you'll want to worry about them as much as the Xenos."

Then she zooms into the hive. "As with most Xeno Clusters, there's only one main entrance to the Hive itself-but heat signatures indicate at least four branching tunnels that you could use to infiltrate. The Northwest one in particular seems to be rarely used. It may be an escape path of some sort.

Also, I'm not sure what your handlers told you, but our recent scans picked up at least 1000 Xenos in the vicinity. Whatever they're sending you to do down there, you better do it quick.

Pickup point is either on the iron shelf you came in on, one of the low hills-though that may be tricky for the pilot-or the cleared land around the Hive itself, if you guys really screw up."

and, my sensor officer says there's a bad storm coming in from the North, abour three hours away. The rip your flesh off your bones kind of bad. Most the Xenos are already starting to move into the hive. I need to know if we're dropping rght away, or waiting for it to pass. Either way, you'll have to stay in battle kit, so it's not like you'll get extra time to sleep"
  Her glance rolls off of Wulfric.

What do we do now?

A. Wait out the storm
B. Drop right now

OOC: Yeah, Taricus is authorized to do all RPG turns and rolls, if he likes. I'm just getting over a bad state, which delayed the turn.
Also, though Taiya is had the final say and can vote most anything, most of the squad decisions will be up a vote, CYOA style. Don't feel pigeonholed by my choices though-you can freeform it any way you would like.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 25, 2011, 09:46:23 am »

A. Wait out the storm

"I think we should wait here. If we're hit by the storm while we're going towards the hive things might get really bad, really quickly."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 25, 2011, 10:43:39 am »

"Of course, if we're inside by the time the storm hits it'll be a killing ground. Though command did only mention the hive being a tenth of it's size."

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 25, 2011, 11:16:19 am »

A
"oh hell no i aint patching you up from something like that, you understand why? i cant."
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 25, 2011, 11:45:59 am »

"If we wait the storm out the larger group has a higher chance of arriving at the hive before we do, and if we get caught by them were dead. I still suggest waiting the storm out, but it will give the other Xenos a higher chance of arriving before, or during our assualt. Now onto the plan I suggest that we send two of the squads to set the C-4 I am bringing along to all 4 of the other tunnels, and the rest of us will set up at the entrance, and once the explosives are set I will move into the main tunnel, and draw them out. Once I get out of the main tunnel, and into my position the other squads will blow the explosives while mine provide cover for the others keeping supressive fire on the main entrance. After this with only one exit all the Warriors will be forced out into the open unless the wish for us to come into the hive which would hamr them more than coming out, so in the end we will make the fight just outside the main entrance." Wulfric takes a deep breath, and a gulp from the beer in his hand before continuing "Now this plan would give us only one escape, through the canyon, and if we don't complete the mission fast those Xenos are going to close in, and roast all of our asses. Now thats my suggestion for the plan others are welcome."

Wulfric drinks the last of the beer, and opens the second one, taking a small sip before setting it down, and saying to the captain "I can handle myself even if I have drank a bit don't worry I won't comprimise the mission, or your ship. No need to worry there I can still think straight I need stronger stuff than this to get drunk off two." with that Wulfric stands up, adn walks out of the room mumbling something about his head killing him.

Toriad

• Bay Watcher
  • Awkward Silence
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 25, 2011, 12:41:15 pm »

"Although waiting out the storm might seem logical, you have to remember that stealth is vital here". "Those Xenos could very well be hiding like little girls in their nests when the storm strike giving us a tactical advantage, which may very well speed things up" Joaj scratches his forehead. "At any rate, the decision is yours, CO".

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 25, 2011, 02:30:04 pm »

Roger frowned at the news of the skin ripping storm "If we go in there before the storm clear, we'd be stuck inside the hive until it it's over. I'd rather not be chased around by xeno if we ballsed it up and can't get out" However, getting attacked by a thousand of the bastards wasn't much better.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 25, 2011, 02:33:59 pm »

A
"oh hell no i aint patching you up from something like that, you understand why? i cant."
uurgh whatever i leave this shit to you to decide Ma´m
Quite fucked indeed.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 25, 2011, 02:46:11 pm »

"Personally, I don't have a preference. But since everyone voted on staying put, I guess I'll say that.
That's a shame, I like storms.

...And ma'am, are you gonna do something about Wulfric? He drank more alcohol than a person would usually survive over the course of 24 hours."

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 25, 2011, 02:48:23 pm »

its okay as long as he dont drink anything more than alcoholic soda... actually just give him water and check his liver and promille.
Quite fucked indeed.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12