Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12

Author Topic: Shines the Name-Misson 1, Stead Burner/Space Marine RPG play thread  (Read 7722 times)

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
Re: Shines the Name-Misson 1, Stead Burner/Space Marine RPG play thread
« Reply #45 on: July 20, 2011, 02:59:57 pm »

Daniel was the last to get up and head towards the churchill, after he placed his knife in his belt. He checked his handgun was loaded, and finally he put out his cigarette. He had a small grin - action was about to begin.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 20, 2011, 03:01:46 pm »

(Patrik started running after the other members of his squad, catching up to them after an minute)
"uh i missed the briefing can you tell me what were supposd to do?"
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 20, 2011, 03:02:53 pm »

"I'll be giving a full rundown on the Churchill, as well as assigning fireteams there"
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 20, 2011, 03:03:11 pm »

Ludwig notices that another crew member has just caught up with them and he had heard how he said that he wasn't at the briefing.

"Alright, we will be killing Xenos, only warriors and we will leave absolutely nothing behind."
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 20, 2011, 03:05:25 pm »

Lev is already standing a few meters from the Churchill, waiting.
"Wait, was I supposed to get my power armor and rifle?"

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 20, 2011, 03:08:06 pm »

Assigning fireteams... Always the worst part. Always. The only thing Daniel could do was hoping he would'nt be with the alcoholic. He had good chances for that: he was the only grunt to know how to use plasma weapons, so he had few chances to be with the other heavy weapons guy.

After these thoughts, he looked at Lev.

"I guess there's some spare equipment in the churchill..."

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 20, 2011, 03:20:55 pm »

"Well this going to be alot of fun." said Wulfric as he picked up the Autocannon, and a grin spread across his face. This is what I call a weapon fast, powerful, and unforgiving this baby is going to come in handy. he thought as he inspeacted the weapon for any problems, and waited for the fire team assignments hoping he was in the group by himself, or atleast in the group that gets to lead the attack.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 20, 2011, 03:48:10 pm »

The E.G.S Churchhill is moored on the 7th sublevel dock-restricted acess to all non-essential personnel-and it's a welcome sight when your about to head off on assignment-it's jet black, sleek and sexy, and shaped like a dagger. It's quad fusion engines purr silently, being warmed up for immediate takeoff. It's a small ship, with only a crew of about fifty, but they're well trained. They have experience with these sorts of ops...It won't be able to blast through any blockades, but it will get you where your going without setting off flashing red lights on the enemies sensor screens.

You each show your Ident Badges to the two Earthgov sentries, and board without incident. Any reservations you had about Navy life are quickly swept away-it's state of the art, with a fully stocked armory, gym, holographic shooting range, engineering bay and field laboratory.

Captain Frost-a woman as sleek and sexy as her ship, if you want to make the comparsion-cycles up the engines and is out of Hanover Station not 10 minutes after the last man (Wulfric) staggers aboard, and begins to make its way toward Antigen. Give or take, Captain Frost estimates at least 24 hours of jumpgate travel before your there. None of you actually fathom the speed and distance at which your travelling, space travel has become so common place, but it would probably cause a 20th century scientist an embolism.

The following services are available to you on your trip, which could help you in the mission to come.

-Lounge/Other than getting drunk, your mission handlers are here, willing to give you whatever help they've been allowed to give.
-Visiting the Bridge/Learning how this ship keeps its stealth could be useful for your own mission.
-Armory/Checking out which firearms you'll be using...well, who would pass that up.
-Holographic Shooting Range/Always fun. They've got several Antigen Scenarios programmed in.
-Gym/Building up your strength and stamina for an oncoming mission is usually reccomended
-Iso Tanks/Sort of like a Gym for Psionics...
-Engineering Bay/If your looking to tinker, this place has the tools...
-Field Laboratory/Earthgov has kindly provided a few frozen Xeno corpses for study, if your so inclined.
-Personal Quarters/Sleep is overrated.

You can assign your next actions for the 24 hours. Earthgov reccommends at least 8 hours of sleep, but that's not an order...

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 20, 2011, 03:53:28 pm »

Agenda
10 Hours Sleep
4 Hours Gym
1 Hour Armory (Check what they got, adn choose gear)
4 Hours in Engineering Bay (Trying to create small robot turrets, that can move, and have a basic AI programming to decide who is ally, and who is foe)
5 Hour Holographic Shooting Range

"Well I am off to sleep have some fun guys." Wulfric said pulled six beers from behind the bar, and went to his room. He dropped onto the bed, and began chugging the beers he had brought from the lounge until he only had one left, and as he lifted it to his lips he fell forward, and passed out the beer rolling across the floor, and pouring out onto his spare clothes.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 05:57:26 pm by adwarf »

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 20, 2011, 03:57:41 pm »

6 hours Gym
2 hour Armory (check and choose)
8 hours Holographic shooting range
8 hours sleep

"Now that our favorite drunkard is out of there, I'm gonna go to the gym. Goodbye."
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 07:54:34 pm by Shootandrun »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 20, 2011, 04:01:13 pm »

Planned Schedule
4 hours - Sleep/Personnel Quarters
2 hours - Armoury
2 hours - Lounge
2 hours - Gym
4 hours - Sleep
3 hours - Shooting range
4 hours - Bridge
3 hours - Xeno anatomy research.

"Well, I'm going to hit the sack for a bit. Not as long as him though" Pointing towards Wulfric"
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 20, 2011, 04:03:10 pm »

Once the orders were out, Roger put the book away for the time being and extinguished the cigar for later use. He followed after the others, keeping up easily with the others. His first opinion of the group was that they weren't quite band of brothers that the recruitment videos showed, but they were functional. Wulfric in particular seemed very unprofessional, but their squad leader quickly put him in his place. At least she knew what they were doing.

One in the Churchill, Roger immediately suited up. The B-class was a breakthrough in personal defense (or so the guy in the white lab coat said), but the miner wondered if being inside the hardest suit of armor in the group would only put him in more danger. Not that he had a choice "Alright, what's the full story?" Roger asked as he began strapping in the suit's massive chest plate.

Schedule
8 Hours sleep
3 Hours armory
7 Hours shooting range
4 Hours gym
1 Hour lounge
1 Hour bridge

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

Toriad

• Bay Watcher
  • Awkward Silence
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 20, 2011, 04:03:42 pm »

"That daft Wulfric's gonna end up fighting bugs with a hangover if he keeps that up" said Joao as he strolled to the gym. "I challenge you ladies to a wrestling match". He said, as he walked down the hallway.

10 hours in the gym, wrestling the shit out of everyone
8 hours of sleep
2 hours checking out gear
4 hours tinkering with the .66 CheyTac Annihilator. High power, low recoil, long range killing machine.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 20, 2011, 04:05:00 pm »

(sorry, I only have access to a computer in the evenings, and that's sporadic.)

"Sorry I'm late reporting in Ma'am, this place doesn't keep the hours I'm used to. I'm your Engineer."

Agenda for Jessica
3 hours Gym
4 hours Armoury (check what other people are getting, read up on maintenance for those weapons)
7 hours Sleep
6 hours Engineering Bay (tinker with my armour, see what it's possible to do with these Plasma Guns the guys are using)
2 hours Lounge (broken up so I'm not spending more than 2 hours doing any one thing, except sleeping.)
2 hours Shooting Range
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 20, 2011, 04:08:42 pm »

Ludwig had heard about the beauty of the captain and decided to check it out.

"I'll go and meed the captain guys."

Schedule:

2 hours bridge- wooing the captain and checking out the ship
2 hour armory
2 hours holo
4 hours gym
4 hours iso tank
2 hours anatomy
8 hours sleep
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12