Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Knights of Honor  (Read 5827 times)

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
Re: Knights of Honor
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2011, 08:36:35 pm »

This looks like total war stronghold.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2011, 09:05:26 pm »

Question: Did anybody keep on using Landlords, Builder etc. after the start of the game? Usually, once I was established enough, I would get only one cleric (for conversions and adopting cities) and the rest of my agents would be knights, to maximize my rate of asskicking. Most of my guys would also be the second/third sons of my kings, to minimize the trouble spies would cause me.
I never used them to begin with. Landlords increase food output, which just isn't an issue for me, and reduce food consumption during siege, again not much of an issue since by the time I have the money to build walls(can't be sieged without them), I'm already in conquer-the-world-asskicking mode. Builders aren't very useful to me, especially in the begining since I simply lack money to build most of it all, and in late-game(or at least, asskicking mode-game), I have so much money I can force-build anything I really need most of the time.

Other than that, my strategy is similar, although I only use a couple Marshals, and mostly Merchants. Merchants+Kingdom Power+building a Tax Office in every city+stable territorial expansion = almost literrally being able to swim in it, Scrooge McDuck-like.

Perhaps very Scrooge McDuck-like, since if it wasn't so for-kids(at least as much as Disney usually is), I'd imagine Scrooge McDuck using dirty underhand business tactics, hostile buyouts, and possibly even industrial terrorism, to run his business. After all, I've seen a lot of weapons technology come out of McDuck Industries.
Man, did I go off on a tangent there.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2011, 09:25:31 pm »

I never used them to begin with. Landlords increase food output, which just isn't an issue for me, and reduce food consumption during siege, again not much of an issue since by the time I have the money to build walls(can't be sieged without them), I'm already in conquer-the-world-asskicking mode. Builders aren't very useful to me, especially in the begining since I simply lack money to build most of it all, and in late-game(or at least, asskicking mode-game), I have so much money I can force-build anything I really need most of the time.

In the beginning of the game, I would usually make my king a Builder, to quickly ramp up production as much as I can. Else I would make my king a merchant, simply for the extra gold bonus. And once my king died, I probably didn't need the extra builder/merchant anymore, so I never replaced him.

And assking mode-game is clearly no later than mid-game.  :P

Other than that, my strategy is similar, although I only use a couple Marshals, and mostly Merchants. Merchants+Kingdom Power+building a Tax Office in every city+stable territorial expansion = almost literrally being able to swim in it, Scrooge McDuck-like.

And then inflation cuts into a large chunk of your profits and your treasury. In one game, I was literally destroying and (instantly) rebuilding any granaries in my provinces to keep inflation low. Mind you, I wasn't expanding as much as I should have (it was my very first game...), but still I could handle inflation in a satisfactory way.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2011, 07:33:52 am »

Playing this, it's a great game. AI could be a bit better, but then again same can be said for almost every RTS.

As for the inflation thing, why waste money on destroying and rebuilding granaries when you can use it to buy friends?
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2011, 07:58:35 am »

yeah I gift out money when I start getting to much...or do some crazy massing of troops and killing everything

dehimos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2011, 08:24:45 am »

Knight of Honor is great game. Similar to Total War, but with paradox style: limited regional units, economic, etc...

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2011, 10:20:25 am »

As for the inflation thing, why waste money on destroying and rebuilding granaries when you can use it to buy friends?

That's what I did for my second game (and all the ones after).
Pages: 1 [2]