Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 49

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XXV 4/7, 3/3 - Evening 2 - A Pillar of Light - GAME OVER  (Read 77164 times)

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXV 7/7, 3/3 - D1 - Back to the Killing
« Reply #570 on: August 08, 2011, 06:14:12 pm »

So webadict claims that he possibly sacrificing a town for a scum? If he is scum and knows we're both town, that is a brilliant tactic to lynch two townies, and with a nightkill win him thegame.
Please tell me you did not just say this and leave, Urist. No one even knows what you were trying to say...

I for one don't know what the hell you're doing, Internetuser.  You're an HOUR from being lynched; I hope for our sake you ARE scum, because I'm going to be pissed if we mislynch you and you frittered away your defense on lurking and making a single, convoluted and confusing statement.
I think I broke him.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: August 08, 2011, 06:15:34 pm »

Won't asking questions of people give more chances to read their tone?

I'm not exactly expecting people to suddenly go "You got me, coppa!  I'm scum, see?  Nyah, see!?  NYAAAAAAH!"
I'm hunting scum using my tactic, which is asking them questions and reading their answers for suspicious behavior.

If that's not "reading their tone", then you'll have to explain to me what you mean.
Perhaps. But, I've never been a fan of those questions.

And no. Their tone is completely different from behavior. Their tone is the intent behind their behaviors. Their rationale, so to speak. Justifications could work, but that assumes I'm going to ask a bajillion questions about one thing. Pester me all you like, you're obnoxiousness won't encourage me to find anyone else but Vector. There's no need to, really.

Jesus. If I want to learn more, I'll learn more. I currently have neither want nor need to do as such, so I won't. Wasting your vote on me isn't going to change that, as I know I'm right. If I decide I'm not, I'll be sure to let you know, and then I'll be free to let you in on my new suspect. Because that's how I intend to continue playing. One step at a time.

lololol. You think I don't know how scum think? Do you know who I am?

Excuse me.

What were you saying about appeals to authority, asshole?
That you do them. Please learn to read. Thank you.

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: August 08, 2011, 06:19:36 pm »

Man, I'm really annoyed with that mispost.  I thought it was a funny observation, and now it's all screwed up.  I almost tried to edit it, but thankfully stopped when I remembered the rules.

@Webadict:

I don't consider it a wasted vote any more than you consider yours wasted.  If that's how you want to play, fine.  I personally find your style, combined with the points I've brought up already, sufficient proof you are scum.  I'll leave my vote on you to pressure you to convince me you're town, or to get you lynched like the scum you are if you don't.

In the meanwhile, I have some scum to hunt, but the day is almost over and we'll have to see how the night goes first before I refine my list; I considered Urist a good candidate, so how he flips will determine a lot.
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: August 08, 2011, 06:54:12 pm »

McInternetuser, if you flip town, I am going to box your ears.

Urist Mcinternetuser

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthulhu, the scariest Forgotten Beast of all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: August 08, 2011, 06:57:48 pm »

@Flandre, at this point people seem pretty much set on lynching me, so sorry.

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: August 08, 2011, 07:00:35 pm »

Come on, McInternetuser, at least try.

It's been explained enough why you should defend yourself that you really should know it by now.
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

Urist Mcinternetuser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: August 08, 2011, 07:01:03 pm »

It's already even though.

Urist Mcinternetuser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: August 08, 2011, 07:01:42 pm »

*seven

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: August 08, 2011, 07:02:35 pm »

Day One is over!

Debate. Debate. Debate. None of you had been trained for this. You were supposed to be simple watchmen, standing guard and fighting against open enemies, not stabbing at shadows. But now you have been given a task, to root out traitors and kill them.

There exists only one way to tell if someone is truly a servant of Chaos or not. When slain, the evil forces they possess visibly escape from their bodies and fly back to their master. In death, all is made clear.

For hours that feel like weeks, the debate goes on. Tempers flare, friendships break, accusations fly... even if the traitors are found, the damage may already be done. In the end, there is only one suspect that the group can agree on: Urist Mcinternetuser.

"No! How could it be me? I have only just arrived!", he pleads.

"How do we know you didn't come from the vile Caverns of Chaos, traitor?!" shouts Flandre. Simple, nodding furiously, moves to corner Mcinternetuser with Flandre.

"I am tired of this," proclaims Vector. "Let us kill him and be done with it." She draws her knife and walks over to Mcinternetuser, who begins to panic and draws his sword...

At which point he falls over dead, IronyOwl's knife in his back.

Violently, his body erupts in dark shadow. The shade flies through a nearby window. Seems he had sworn himself to the Dark Lord Nincompoop after all.

At least for today, there is some small victory. For now, it is time to retire, and hope the night passes peacefully.

Urist Mcinternetuser, Mafia Roleblocker, has been lynched!

Scum, power roles, lend me your night actions via PM.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXV 7/7, 3/3 - N1 - Death of a User
« Reply #579 on: August 09, 2011, 07:22:01 pm »

Night One is over!

A long, restless night passes. Who could be the terrible traitor willing to kill their own friends and allies for some nefarious purpose? Will they get desperate now that Mcinternetuser has been slain?

As you wake, you find that one of your number is missing. Where is Webadict?

After some searching, you discover. There is Webadict. And there. And there. And there. And a little bit there too.

It seems that the traitor is getting desperate indeed, and is now beginning to kill the soldiers during the night. The only thing to do is to find them and kill them.

Webadict, Town, has been killed!

Not voting: Vector, IronyOwl, Urist_McArathos, Bdthemag, Flandre, Billybobfred, Simple
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXV 5/7, 3/3 - D2 - Wuba Dub Dead
« Reply #580 on: August 09, 2011, 07:32:36 pm »

Oh, wow. My first instinct tells me that whoever did this found Wuba to be a threat. As WIFOM as it sounds, this should disqualify Vector as scum--she would not vote for him, and then follow up with a night-kill.

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXV 7/7, 3/3 - D1 - Traitors in the Midst
« Reply #581 on: August 09, 2011, 07:35:05 pm »

you cannot read nightkills.  Period.  Don't try, don't think about it, etc.

Just saying.
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: August 09, 2011, 07:36:13 pm »

Sorry.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: August 09, 2011, 07:37:33 pm »

Sorry for the absence, i've been busy as hell the past few day's.

Flandre Why exactely do you want to assume Vector is town just because you suspect that she wouldn't do something?
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Simple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: August 09, 2011, 07:41:52 pm »

Heh, it sure feels good when you guess correctly :) Now to the matters at hand : My suspects right now from most to least suspicious: IronyOwl,Vector,billybobfred. And before we start overthinking nk : we know nothing for sure. Ehh i wanted to ask some questions and post my suspicions but i'm too sleepy right now so i'll post it later.

Mod There's only one special role or the second mafia member can be a godfather ?
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 49