Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 49

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XXV 4/7, 3/3 - Evening 2 - A Pillar of Light - GAME OVER  (Read 77097 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXV 7/7, 3/3 - D1 - Back to the Killing
« Reply #555 on: August 08, 2011, 04:49:07 pm »

I know I wanted bd lynched before, but he's clearly not getting killed today, so.

QQ some more. If people would lynch Vector and just LISTEN for once, you'd have a won game. I've provided plenty of examples and reasoning. I obviously DO NOT NEED TO DO ANYTHING MORE TO FIND SCUM, SINCE VECTOR IS SCUM. She has done nothing to prove otherwise, and I WILL VOTE VECTOR EVERY DAY UNTIL SHE IS LYNCHED. Okay?
Damn, you're obnoxious, webadict. I know this is your strategy, but I just can't help but think "man he sure is acting like saying things louder makes them more true".
I'm glad your strategy of vote-the-loud-guy is clearly providing you with the ability to come up with terrible reasoning. I mean, I can't help but think "man he sure isn't trying".

Simple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: August 08, 2011, 04:56:35 pm »

So webadict claims that he possibly sacrificing a town for a scum? If he is scum and knows we're both town, that is a brilliant tactic to lynch two townies, and with a nightkill win him thegame.
Wait, you have just that to say ? You're not defending just throwing wifom-lined theories ? At least it's directed, so i hope you really are scum.

Webadict: You got my vote for tomorrow. Wait, that sounds stupid. I don't know if i'm just gullible but you made me think you're town right here.

I know I wanted bd lynched before, but he's clearly not getting killed today, so.
Just tell the rest of the scum team to kill him... Or convince us that it's good idea to lynch him ? I guess you should try one of these before giving up.

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: August 08, 2011, 04:59:15 pm »

Webadict

You do give a fairly convincing reason for not being a NK target, I'll give you that.  However, since your likelihood of being NKed wasn't part of my case against you, it does nothing to convince me you're town either (not that you implied that, just saying it).

Care to explain why you'd protect me as the Doctor?  I can't see how I'm a better choice than anyone else here, honestly.

QQ some more. If people would lynch Vector and just LISTEN for once, you'd have a won game. I've provided plenty of examples and reasoning. I obviously DO NOT NEED TO DO ANYTHING MORE TO FIND SCUM, SINCE VECTOR IS SCUM. She has done nothing to prove otherwise, and I WILL VOTE VECTOR EVERY DAY UNTIL SHE IS LYNCHED. Okay?

Anything else you would like to complain about? Call me stubborn. I don't care. I want her dead first.

Also, I am in no need of protection, as I would rather be killed tonight to prove I am Town. This should be a no-brainer for you, Doc.

Yeah, yeah, and if more people would listen to me, you'd be lynched and we'd be close to a won game as well.  I'm not asking you to change your vote; I've asked questions of other people.  Be as stubborn as you like, I'm certainly being as tenacious with you.  I have a problem with not interrogating your other picks in the meanwhile; I suppose this is going to be a circular argument that goes nowhere, though.

ME:  Ask somebody else questions!
YOU: I don't need to, I know who I want to lynch!
ME: Fine, then try to lynch her and focus on finding the next target!
YOU: I will, once she's lynched!
ME: But in the meanwhile, you could "Ask somebody else questions!"

Repeat until we both go insane.

So webadict claims that he possibly sacrificing a town for a scum? If he is scum and knows we're both town, that is a brilliant tactic to lynch two townies, and with a nightkill win him thegame.

Yeah, I don't understand this at all either.

...webadict...

Webadict isn't getting killed today either.  Care to explain your vote change?  I clearly agree he's the scummiest bunch of scum that ever scummed, but I have reasons beyond his behavior.  What makes you think he's scum instead of a rude, loud townie?
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: August 08, 2011, 05:00:18 pm »

McInternetuser, do you intend to resist being lynched? We are nearing the deadline, and I have yet to believe that you are not scum.

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: August 08, 2011, 05:03:35 pm »

I'm glad your strategy of vote-the-loud-guy is clearly providing you with the ability to come up with terrible reasoning. I mean, I can't help but think "man he sure isn't trying".

I take it you want reasoning? Well, here it is.

You explicitly said that, having determined that Vector is scum, you don't need to do any more scumhunting.

But you forget, there are two.

Or maybe you don't. After all, scum don't think of "the two scum" in the game, they think of "the other scum".

Webadict isn't getting killed today either.  Care to explain your vote change?  I clearly agree he's the scummiest bunch of scum that ever scummed, but I have reasons beyond his behavior.  What makes you think he's scum instead of a rude, loud townie?

Conveniently, that also addresses your post. That and all the scumtells he went around deliberately committing just so he could taunt us for them later. Remember that post?

Just tell the rest of the scum team to kill him... Or convince us that it's good idea to lynch him ? I guess you should try one of these before giving up.

Eh, to be honest, I'm not all that sure about bd anymore. I haven't finished many games, but in all two of them, the scum didn't get found out by being lurky.
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: August 08, 2011, 05:19:00 pm »

Webadict

You do give a fairly convincing reason for not being a NK target, I'll give you that.  However, since your likelihood of being NKed wasn't part of my case against you, it does nothing to convince me you're town either (not that you implied that, just saying it).

Care to explain why you'd protect me as the Doctor?  I can't see how I'm a better choice than anyone else here, honestly.
Oh, no, that wasn't for you. I was WIFOMing the scum. Clearly, I want them to think what they think I'm making them think, which would hopefully make them choose wrong. Metagame, beside the point.

As for why you? Because you're able to write things. Duh. Plus I've already written you off as Town.

Anything else you would like to complain about? Call me stubborn. I don't care. I want her dead first.

Also, I am in no need of protection, as I would rather be killed tonight to prove I am Town. This should be a no-brainer for you, Doc.

Yeah, yeah, and if more people would listen to me, you'd be lynched and we'd be close to a won game as well.  I'm not asking you to change your vote; I've asked questions of other people.  Be as stubborn as you like, I'm certainly being as tenacious with you.  I have a problem with not interrogating your other picks in the meanwhile; I suppose this is going to be a circular argument that goes nowhere, though.
Oooo, close, except for not really. I don't need to question anyone. If I'm going to find someone scummy, I'll find them scummy my own way. You act like asking people questions is going to get you the right answers. Hahaha. That hardly ever works. The trick is to read their tone.

ME:  Ask somebody else questions!
YOU: I don't need to, I know who I want to lynch!
ME: Fine, then try to lynch her and focus on finding the next target!
YOU: I will, once she's lynched!
ME: But in the meanwhile, you could "Ask somebody else questions!"

Repeat until we both go insane.
Joke's on you. I have a high resistance to insanity.

I take it you want reasoning? Well, here it is.

You explicitly said that, having determined that Vector is scum, you don't need to do any more scumhunting.

But you forget, there are two.

Or maybe you don't. After all, scum don't think of "the two scum" in the game, they think of "the other scum".
lololol. You think I don't know how scum think? Do you know who I am?

One, I believe you're missing the fact that I've stated a suspicion of McInternetuser. So, I've just destroyed your second point with a bit of obviousness. As an addendum to that fail of a reason, I believe you're thinking of searching for third parties as scum. THAT'S what scum do more often. That doesn't quite work in a game with no third parties.

Second, I have gotten more on Vector than you have done all game. For you to say that I need to do MORE is outright hilarious.

Conveniently, that also addresses your post. That and all the scumtells he went around deliberately committing just so he could taunt us for them later. Remember that post?

Eh, to be honest, I'm not all that sure about bd anymore. I haven't finished many games, but in all two of them, the scum didn't get found out by being lurky.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: August 08, 2011, 05:19:32 pm »

Whoops. Forgot to delete that bottom part.

Oh well.

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: August 08, 2011, 05:29:46 pm »

Kinda? I don't think you're stupid enough that you only realized what you were doing when I explained it.

You've "stated a suspicion" of McInternetuser? Fine, but you still said "Vector IS scum therefore I do not need to hunt more scum". It betrays a certain state of mind, even coming from someone who knows how scum think.

And no, I'm not stupid enough to see "looking for a third party" and use it as a scumtell in a game where everyone knows for a fact that there are no third parties. (I didn't even know that was a scumtell until just now!)
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: August 08, 2011, 05:36:12 pm »

Won't asking questions of people give more chances to read their tone?

I'm not exactly expecting people to suddenly go "You got me, coppa!  I'm scum, see?  Nyah, see!?  NYAAAAAAH!"
I'm hunting scum using my tactic, which is asking them questions and reading their answers for suspicious behavior.

If that's not "reading their tone", then you'll have to explain to me what you mean.

On the Nature of Dwarves

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: August 08, 2011, 05:37:04 pm »

Excuse me.

What were you saying about appeals to authority, asshole?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: August 08, 2011, 05:49:45 pm »

"Do you know who I am!?  He must not know who I am..."

On the Nature of Dwarves

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: August 08, 2011, 05:54:51 pm »

I meant to have that pic outside the quote; cursed Mafia no-edit rules prevent me from changing it.  It was not a comment on Vector.
On the Nature of Dwarves

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: August 08, 2011, 05:57:55 pm »

I meant to have that pic outside the quote; cursed Mafia no-edit rules prevent me from changing it.  It was not a comment on Vector.
I was about to say.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: August 08, 2011, 06:02:26 pm »

Please tell me you did not just say this and leave, Urist. No one even knows what you were trying to say...

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: August 08, 2011, 06:04:43 pm »

Please tell me you did not just say this and leave, Urist. No one even knows what you were trying to say...

I for one don't know what the hell you're doing, Internetuser.  You're an HOUR from being lynched; I hope for our sake you ARE scum, because I'm going to be pissed if we mislynch you and you frittered away your defense on lurking and making a single, convoluted and confusing statement.
On the Nature of Dwarves
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 49