Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 49

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XXV 4/7, 3/3 - Evening 2 - A Pillar of Light - GAME OVER  (Read 77066 times)

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXV 7/7, 3/3 - D1 - Back to the Killing
« Reply #540 on: August 08, 2011, 03:53:11 pm »

*is poked*

... Yeah, I got nothing. This Day 1 is just getting too long, I think.
Oh, there you are. Are you still convinced that Bd is scum?

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: August 08, 2011, 04:04:38 pm »

Also, you seem to be a natural at this, McArathos. Have you played anything similar to Mafia before?

:o

Uh...no, I actually thought I was playing like utter shit and that the three ICs were pounding their heads into their desks to vent their frustration at it.

I am an avid debater though.  I actually got interested in Mafia because IRL I'm terrible at sniffing out an individual's true intentions, and have been manipulated and screwed over several times as a result.  I figured this would be a fun way to both a) debate, and b) learn to tell when someone is trying to deceive me for their own ends.
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: August 08, 2011, 04:05:47 pm »

Mod: votecount, please.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: August 08, 2011, 04:08:26 pm »

Votecount

Bdthemag[2]: billybobfred, Urist Mcinternetuser
Urist_McArathos[1]:  Bdthemag
Vector[1]: webadict
Urist Mcinternetuser[4]: IronyOwl, Simple, Flandre, Vector
webadict[1]: Urist_McArathos

The day will end TODAY, 7:00 PM Central time. You need 3 people to Extend and 5 to Shorten.

Vector, you're the only person who changed your vote since I posted it this morning.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: August 08, 2011, 04:09:04 pm »

Good.  Sorry, I just wanted to be absolutely certain there wasn't a tie.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: August 08, 2011, 04:13:40 pm »

Oh, there you are. Are you still convinced that Bd is scum?
Well, he hasn't done anything to address any of the things I said that make me think he's scum.

Like, zero. He's literally not even pretending to try.

Other people have been scummy, but nothing that catches my attention. I don't think the argument against McInternetuser is enough for me to switch my vote.

though that's not saying a lot since he already has the most votes
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

Simple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: August 08, 2011, 04:14:56 pm »

I'm still here, no need to poke me. Not the day conclusion i wanted to see , more defense is always useful.

Urist McArathos: Don't get too ahead with planning the lynching that's one, and the second thing that bothers me : would you even consider possible NK in your day play ? I get the intention of what you said in last response to webadict but it's pretty ridiculous reason for me.

I already gave my suspicions. Vector and McInternetuser. After that, I've got nothing useful to add at the moment, since I can focus more with Vector gone.
By Vector gone you mean what exactly ?

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: August 08, 2011, 04:16:11 pm »

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: August 08, 2011, 04:16:43 pm »

He means he's decided he's going to lynch me tomorrow, and once the two of us are dead (hint hint: that means he knows one of us is town) he'll be able to "think more clearly."

Toot toot I'm a flute.

Excuse me?

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: August 08, 2011, 04:26:51 pm »

Urist McArathos: Don't get too ahead with planning the lynching that's one, and the second thing that bothers me : would you even consider possible NK in your day play ? I get the intention of what you said in last response to webadict but it's pretty ridiculous reason for me.

I just felt that Webadict is not doing much to find scum; I feel his focus on Vector is detrimental to the hunt.  The bottom line is, every night there is a decent chance we will have one less Townie, and Webadict could easily be it if he's Town as he so claims (I doubt it, but I have been wrong before according to rumor).  It seems like poor play to focus exclusively on one target and one target only.  He says he suspects others, but does little to investigate them.

Considering that it would take a dramatic swing in votes to save Urist Mcinternetuser, I guess we'll see soon enough if that's one scum.  Sadly, he hasn't provided much in the way of information for us to pore over after his death (regardless of how he flips, it would have been useful).
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves

Urist Mcinternetuser

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthulhu, the scariest Forgotten Beast of all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: August 08, 2011, 04:30:16 pm »

So webadict claims that he possibly sacrificing a town for a scum? If he is scum and knows we're both town, that is a brilliant tactic to lynch two townies, and with a nightkill win him thegame.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: August 08, 2011, 04:35:52 pm »

Uh...no, I actually thought I was playing like utter shit and that the three ICs were pounding their heads into their desks to vent their frustration at it.
webadict's always like that. He's probably headdesking less at the fact that you're trying and making mistakes than at the fact that most people won't even try.

As for the lynch... dunno. Certainly not too sure about it, but not sure if we have any better targets. Have been sadly unable to get a more in-depth analysis.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: August 08, 2011, 04:36:12 pm »

Webadict presumably doesn't think the game will end after the two of us are lynched.

But we're his scumpicks.  That he is totally sure of.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: August 08, 2011, 04:38:05 pm »

Webadict

I'm not saying Vector is defenseless; she doesn't need me white knighting for her, I know that much from what little I've read so far.  I'm not denying she has a lot of scummy behavior to answer for (for the third time, she is my second pick, and if you're not scum I'm certain she is).  I'm mostly skeptical about the way you're conducting your hunt: you seem more concerned with undermining one player than investigating, since you aren't really pressuring or investigating anyone else.  I know you have some fairly good ideas about who else is scum, and I want to know why you're not investigating them as well, particularly since we're nearing the end of day one and a strong town player (which you claim to be, since you claim to be town and are objectively a strong player here) is a likely NK target to me.  Dead men tell no tales indeed, and if you're town this might be your ONE day to help us find scum; why are you focused on only one person?  Why is it not acceptable for you to question anyone else along with Vector?
As long as you and Vector openly suspect me, then I'm positive the scum won't target me. Even if they do, though, I will be perfectly fine with that, as then whatever I have said has been said as confirmed Town.

So, if ANYONE was going to be killed, it would be you or IronyOwl. I mean, if I were the Doctor, I'd protect you. You may be wrong about your first suspect, but your second one is correct.

As for why I'm not investigating them, bogging myself down with multiple suspects would be pointless. My goal is to get Vector lynched, since I know she is scum. Whether you think I'm tunneling or not is up to you, but I am going to make sure she gets lynched eventually.

I just felt that Webadict is not doing much to find scum; I feel his focus on Vector is detrimental to the hunt.  The bottom line is, every night there is a decent chance we will have one less Townie, and Webadict could easily be it if he's Town as he so claims (I doubt it, but I have been wrong before according to rumor).  It seems like poor play to focus exclusively on one target and one target only.  He says he suspects others, but does little to investigate them.

Considering that it would take a dramatic swing in votes to save Urist Mcinternetuser, I guess we'll see soon enough if that's one scum.  Sadly, he hasn't provided much in the way of information for us to pore over after his death (regardless of how he flips, it would have been useful).
QQ some more. If people would lynch Vector and just LISTEN for once, you'd have a won game. I've provided plenty of examples and reasoning. I obviously DO NOT NEED TO DO ANYTHING MORE TO FIND SCUM, SINCE VECTOR IS SCUM. She has done nothing to prove otherwise, and I WILL VOTE VECTOR EVERY DAY UNTIL SHE IS LYNCHED. Okay?

Anything else you would like to complain about? Call me stubborn. I don't care. I want her dead first.

Also, I am in no need of protection, as I would rather be killed tonight to prove I am Town. This should be a no-brainer for you, Doc.

So webadict claims that he possibly sacrificing a town for a scum? If he is scum and knows we're both town, that is a brilliant tactic to lynch two townies, and with a nightkill win him thegame.
???

What?

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: August 08, 2011, 04:45:26 pm »

I know I wanted bd lynched before, but he's clearly not getting killed today, so.

QQ some more. If people would lynch Vector and just LISTEN for once, you'd have a won game. I've provided plenty of examples and reasoning. I obviously DO NOT NEED TO DO ANYTHING MORE TO FIND SCUM, SINCE VECTOR IS SCUM. She has done nothing to prove otherwise, and I WILL VOTE VECTOR EVERY DAY UNTIL SHE IS LYNCHED. Okay?
Damn, you're obnoxious, webadict. I know this is your strategy, but I just can't help but think "man he sure is acting like saying things louder makes them more true".
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 49