Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 49

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XXV 4/7, 3/3 - Evening 2 - A Pillar of Light - GAME OVER  (Read 77080 times)

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXV 7/7, 3/3 - D1 - Back to the Killing
« Reply #465 on: August 05, 2011, 11:04:55 am »

I am on my lunch break now, so I will take the time to poke my head in.

Simple:
Flandre - Agrees Vector - assumes town. She's not here to hunt scum but to give us clues - makes me think about her purpose of this way of playing.Don't want to retaliate on anything, fears calling out omgus probably ? Let's other do work for her ( accusing themselves ) Few times adds the despite of alignment annotation and then says it's obvious when asked.

I will agree with you in disliking the request I made of billybob, but it was intended to give me something quick to go on before the day ended, not to be lazy and watch him attack himself. Also, the way I see it, offering clues by pointing out others' mistakes is just another way to scumhunt. They must still explain themselves, and I think those responses can be invaluable. Whenever I take the time in my argument to point out that what I am saying is valid for both sides, it is to prevent someone from claiming a false scumtell in their rebuttal. It is ironic, then, that doing so looks scummy in and of itself. Because of this, I will not be doing it anymore.
I am a little embarrassed to ask, but what is omgus?

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: August 05, 2011, 11:13:15 am »

Also, before I forget, I would like to request an extension until Monday. Because Mafia time does not account for weekends, the night phase would be 72 hours long otherwise.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: August 05, 2011, 11:48:16 am »

Im having some internet problems guys, feel free to replace me. I would honestly be able to post all of like every other day at max, so just go ahead and replace me.

When the problem clears up I think I will join the next beginners game.

Unvote

sorry. I dont think I was helping town much anyways though.

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: August 05, 2011, 02:07:23 pm »

If there is no one in line before me, I'll jump in.
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: August 05, 2011, 04:35:07 pm »

Im having some internet problems guys, feel free to replace me. I would honestly be able to post all of like every other day at max, so just go ahead and replace me.

When the problem clears up I think I will join the next beginners game.

Unvote

Goodbye, jc. I will see you in the next game! :3
[/quote]

Oh, and I just noticed something...
Bdthemag:
Jc: Excuse me for my "terrible questions", this is a beginners game after all.
How many games have you been a part of before you joined this one? It had to be several games, if you have gained notoriety as a lurker.
Bdthemag: You have the propensity to avoid questions when they are asked of you. I want to know why you used such a poor excuse.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: August 05, 2011, 04:45:39 pm »

Also, bd, I wish you would have posted at least once today. I can't question you if you are absent, and there is none that I suspect more than you at the moment.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: August 05, 2011, 05:59:58 pm »

Votecount

Bdthemag[1]: billybobfred
jc6036[1]:  Bdthemag
Vector[1]: webadict
Urist Mcinternetuser[1]: IronyOwl
webadict[1]: Vector

Not Voting: Flandre, Urist Mcinternetuser, Simple, jc6036

The day will end Friday, 5:00PM Central time. You need 3 people to Extend and 5 to Shorten. Unless I am mistaken, I believe that is in one hour!

As a reminder, if the day ends with a tie, there will be a no lynch!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: August 05, 2011, 06:04:38 pm »

Extend.

Urist:
Unvote
@IronyOwl I'm not as sure about jc as I was before, bd does seem the scummiest, but I'm not sure, I should question him some.

@Bd Do you have a rebuttal against your current lynchers?
This is useless and lazy. Do you even know what his current lynchers are saying? Why didn't you ask him directly about their points, then? Instead you just say "Bd, do stuff you probably would have been doing already if you were here/coherent." Likely because you know he won't and can then lynch him for it.

No, if you really care about finding out whether he's scum or town, you'll ask him something specific to try to get into his head.

Also, before I forget, I would like to request an extension until Monday. Because Mafia time does not account for weekends, the night phase would be 72 hours long otherwise.
Unless all night actions get in before then, in which case it'd just go however long it needed to and then end. I'm not sure we need another two days.

NINJA'D: Yeah we need more than an hour. We can shorten later.

Bdthemag: You have the propensity to avoid questions when they are asked of you. I want to know why you used such a poor excuse.
LAAAAAAAAAAAAAZY. Don't you suspect anyone else? Don't you want a read on anyone else? Even if you're questioning Bd at the same time, I hardly think he's going to be a major drain on your time and attention, what with the lurking and all.

The point is more to learn how to be useful than to actually do it, so I wouldn't worry much on that note. As long as you've gotten a little better, mission accomplished.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: August 05, 2011, 06:07:24 pm »

Extend.

Temporarily, Urist McInternetUser.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Simple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: August 05, 2011, 06:23:09 pm »

That's not good if we're back to the stalemate.

If there is no one in line before me, I'll jump in.
My brain will probably explode from trying to remember which of the two urists is which but at

Speaking of urists : Urist Mcinternetuser is scum. For starters he inherited quite a bit of my early suspicions of scriver. Urist starts with bullshit attack (that i overlooked due to replacement chaos back then) on jc that he then uses as shield for not answering his target questions.What's stranger his subsequent post makes it clear that this case isn't even convincing enough to say he's scum, just "doubt". Then he notices that he's acting to strange and says he will do more questioning just because Irony advice. What's strange he doesn't question jc , i guess if he was really suspicious of him he would go after him directly rather than looking for support.Then he uses his weak case from the begging to again reassure us that jc is scum (why he lifted the vote then ? To make himself look better of course). Well back to the original plan then ! Then he becomes strangely agitated about bd scumminess. Also he states that his default alignment is town ,maybe it's my imagination but wouldn't scum must default everybody else alignment as town just because they know it ? Then he goes for using somebody else arguments for his own goals. Not so long he comes back and again the same thing: "I must question him more! BD defend yourself! No question for jc!". Overall it's either plain stubbornness or scum play, i think it's the latter option.

Also:
Flandre Votes are very important why not use yours ? Or at least directly say who you would like to see lynched ?

Simple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: August 05, 2011, 06:28:45 pm »

And extend, however i would rather like to see the end of the day bit faster than Monday . :/

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: August 05, 2011, 06:31:24 pm »

*sigh*

At this point, I'd be happy with a lynch on InternetUser and finishing off my argument with Webadict tomorrow, provided that both of us are alive.  A D1 this long is going to kill the town.

On the other hand, more time is generally not too bad, so I'll get back on that argument soon enough--need a little Friday break.  Right now, I really want some content from that Urist, anyway.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: August 05, 2011, 06:39:01 pm »

The day has been extended to Monday, 5:00PM, central time!
Simple: As a general rule, we don't count the weekends in gameplay time, because a lot of people don't get on during the weekend. If there seems to be a general consensus that extending until Monday is too long, I will shorten it.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: August 05, 2011, 07:23:15 pm »

LAAAAAAAAAAAAAZY. Don't you suspect anyone else? Don't you want a read on anyone else? Even if you're questioning Bd at the same time, I hardly think he's going to be a major drain on your time and attention, what with the lurking and all.
You are right; I need to stop being so linear.

Urist: Who are your current suspects? Also, between Vector and Webadict, which do you believe to be town, and why?

Webadict: What in Vector's playstyle, exactly, is giving her away as scum to you? You claim that you would bet an arm that she is scum, while I remained unconvinced. What does scum Vector do that Town Vector does not?

Also:
Flandre Votes are very important why not use yours ? Or at least directly say who you would like to see lynched ?
I need to do my homework on Urist if I am to throw accusations at him without jumping onto the bandwagon. Lately he has come across as slightly suspicious, sure, but I do not want to lynch him yet. Webadict's taunt post at Vector made me second guess my town read on him, but I have nothing specific to attack him with. I have no read on IronyOwl, no reason to suspect billybob, and town reads on you and Vector.
If you want to know who I want to lynch, it is almost exclusively Bd, but I will need to look into Urist to know for sure.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: August 05, 2011, 07:26:42 pm »

Flandre, don't assume that one must be town and the other scum, or even that either of us is town.

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 49