Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 49

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XXV 4/7, 3/3 - Evening 2 - A Pillar of Light - GAME OVER  (Read 77157 times)

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXV 7/7, 3/3 - D1 - Back to the Killing
« Reply #405 on: August 03, 2011, 01:07:22 pm »

Yes, I know I have to get back into the scumhunt, but Im having a hard time thinking up any questions that arent, as bdthemag and wuba likes to put it, stupid.

@bdthemag, You pop in about once or twice a day, and even when you do the post has terrible questions and answers. Whats keeping you from posting? Who is on your suspicion list?

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: August 03, 2011, 02:00:17 pm »

I am not on my own computer at the moment, so I cannot offer anything decent on last night's discussion until a little later. There is much that needs saying.
However, I do have the time to point out that I strongly disagree with the way Twiggie had played. I cannot blame Vector for thinking him suspicious, nor anyone else who feels likewise. I do not expect any of you to take me on my word when I say that I am town, but my alignment was his, and I say that he was a tactless fool. No offence intended, Twiggie.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: August 03, 2011, 02:23:26 pm »

Jc: Unfortunately due to real life, I can't post all of the time. Excuse me for my "terrible questions", this is a beginners game after all. My suspicion list is You, Simple, and Urist. Now answer this, what do you think of accusations against you saying that you were hiding behind the noob shield early in the game? Are you going to post an actual reason to vote for me besides the blatantly obvious reasons that have been stated before?

IronyOwl: I thought that since he was asking about night actions, then that would mean those questions were WIFOM. Being the idiot that I am, I decided to use that to push Billybob and try to get a read off of him.

Billybob: Finally, someone votes me and has actual reasoning behind the vote, I applaud you.

Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: August 03, 2011, 02:28:05 pm »

Was I hiding behind the noob shield, no. Was I using the noob shield to explain things, yes.

Bdthemag, its hard to think of questions to ask when you lurk all of the time. But anyways, whats your favored strategy to use when you are scum?

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: August 03, 2011, 02:31:20 pm »

Jc: I admit to lurking, but its not massive lurking. Playing only a few games as scum, I don't really know. I suppose a valid strategy would to seem like you were buddying with a townie, to attract attention to him/her. But then again, im not that experienced in scumplay.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Welcome to Reality.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: August 03, 2011, 02:34:51 pm »

@bdthemag: as for the "blatantly obvious" things against you, you shoot me down for trying to use them, but you compliment billybobfred when he calls you out. What made billybobs case different from any body elses case?

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: August 03, 2011, 02:37:43 pm »

JC: Billybob provided a long case to other things that he thought was suspicious of me, and provided proof that I said that. You on the otherhand just said "He lurks and his questions and answers aren't good.". Billybob was the first person to write out a long case, and I complimented him because I was a bit relieved someone was providing actual evidence besides the obvious one's that we're gone over before.
Welcome to Reality.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: August 03, 2011, 05:07:57 pm »

@bdthemag: I noticed that you mentioned to Urist that you have to work on asking questions, well, now would be a good time to break them out. I looked back through the thread, and upon examining your posts, it seems that you just don't care. Its like you don't case if the mafia are found out or not, and of course, scum wouldn't want to be found out. (duh). Why are you so lax in your approach to scumhunting? Heck, I don't know if I could even call it that, with so little input.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: August 03, 2011, 05:12:39 pm »

JC: Not caring? Thats a bit of an exageration, if I didn't care I wouldn't be in the game now would I? The reason im in a beginners game is to work on my scumhunting, and im trying to work on that because most of my game is just playing defensive. I mean honestly, you didn't ask very many questions, until someone told you that it would be a good idea to start asking questions.
Welcome to Reality.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: August 03, 2011, 05:18:13 pm »

@bdthemag: What I meant was not caring much. Oh yeah, and asking questions might help with your scum hunting. And being too defensive can prevent people from getting reads, its good if your scum, not so much if your town. For me, no read = bad, and the harder you make it to get a read through your defensiveness, the more my read leans in the direction of scum.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: August 03, 2011, 06:23:07 pm »

After some thought, I have decided that most of what I wanted to get across can be placed into several concise sentences.

Vector:I simply cannot be in your blindspot if you focus a question at me. If it helps you to get a read on me, I would be happy to offer my defense whenever you are ready to start interrogating.

Wuba:
scriver -> kilakan -> Urist Mcinternetuser
billybobfred - Is being far too stupid to be listening to another IC.
Twiggie -> Flandre
Simple - He doesn't seem off to me.
Bdthemag - While I dislike his lurkiness, I don't want to lynch him today.
jc6036 - Too stupid to be scum.
Vector
IronyOwl - While I had reasons to believe one of the ICs were scum, I feel like IronyOwl is less likely to be scum than you. He was also able to use basic logic to determine my line of reasoning without my help. Which means if I was going to lynch someone, it's not going to be him, since he is able to think for himself.
I am not attacking your reasoning on any of these individual verdicts (I figure you know what you are doing through experience), but collectively, the chance of something being wrong somewhere is much more likely. None of what I have made bold I find to be especially conclusive, and are the weaker points that I think could be expounded upon to make them believable for the rest of us.

Billybobfred: I do not recall ever interrogating you, so I will make a request. Similarly to those entries you have given for everyone above, I want you to give yourself an objective self-evaluation and add yourself to the wall, end result and all.

Bdthemag:
Jc: Excuse me for my "terrible questions", this is a beginners game after all.
How many games have you been a part of before you joined this one? It had to be several games, if you have gained notoriety as a lurker.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: August 03, 2011, 07:05:21 pm »

Yes, I know I have to get back into the scumhunt, but Im having a hard time thinking up any questions that arent, as bdthemag and wuba likes to put it, stupid.
Well, think about who you want to examine, then ask them questions you think might prove insightful. If you go back through the thread, possibly using the lurkertracker, there'll probably be numerous things that seem odd or interesting. If you ask about them, you might learn more.

Remember, you're trying to get a feel for why everyone's doing what they're doing. It's not a precise science, but the basic idea is fairly simple. You're getting on the right track with Bdthemag.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: August 03, 2011, 09:44:13 pm »

Wuba:
Twiggie -> Flandre
Vector
IronyOwl - While I had reasons to believe one of the ICs were scum, I feel like IronyOwl is less likely to be scum than you. He was also able to use basic logic to determine my line of reasoning without my help. Which means if I was going to lynch someone, it's not going to be him, since he is able to think for himself.
I am not attacking your reasoning on any of these individual verdicts (I figure you know what you are doing through experience), but collectively, the chance of something being wrong somewhere is much more likely. None of what I have made bold I find to be especially conclusive, and are the weaker points that I think could be expounded upon to make them believable for the rest of us.
Well, if you're not attacking any of my reasons, then why would I have to expound on them? Who cares? Clearly, you don't, despite that list marking you as a prime suspect.

No, I don't think I will. I mean, maybe if you had demanded something of me, maybe. Because, as I see it, you're not asking for my reasoning. You're saying, "Would you mind if you just relooked at it maybe kinda sorta, ok thx."

Does that explain what you just did to you?

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: August 04, 2011, 10:21:51 am »

Wuba:
Twiggie -> Flandre
Vector
Well, if you're not attacking any of my reasons, then why would I have to expound on them? Who cares? Clearly, you don't, despite that list marking you as a prime suspect.

No, I don't think I will. I mean, maybe if you had demanded something of me, maybe. Because, as I see it, you're not asking for my reasoning. You're saying, "Would you mind if you just relooked at it maybe kinda sorta, ok thx."

Does that explain what you just did to you?
I did not think I would have needed to be aggressive to point out what was wrong, Webadict, and apparently that is where I was mistaken. While it is true that I am nervous to be among those three to whom you have narrowed down your suspicion (which is understandable, regardless of my alignment), I would like to note that circumventing an argument by simply suggesting that you reassess your list should not be confused with meekly pleaing for the same.
If you want me to be specific on what exactly I wanted to know, then I can do that.

Webadict: Where do you draw the line between stupidity and scummy behavior in the cases of billybobfred and jc? Also, how does not feeling up to lynching Bd translate to disregarding him as scum, for the purpose of crossing him off of your list?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: August 04, 2011, 10:40:01 am »

1) It SHOULDN'T be okay for me to vote you if you're Town, as it should only be okay to vote scum. It is unacceptable to do nothing to defend yourself, and the fact that you've had to read this twice is absurd.

2) When I make a list like that, I do something that you should probably never do: I townhunt. I look the opposite way to see who NOT to lynch.

3) When I say someone is too stupid to be scum, I mean this: when looking for suspects, it is almost never the most suspicious person. It is also almost never the least suspicious person. It is more than likely the person in the middle, so the "stupid" ones are extraordinarily suspicious in ways scum would never be. Then there's the ones that are super town in a way scum would never be. What do you say about that?
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 49