Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 49

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XXV 4/7, 3/3 - Evening 2 - A Pillar of Light - GAME OVER  (Read 77176 times)

Simple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXV 7/7, 3/3 - D1 - Back to the Killing
« Reply #360 on: August 02, 2011, 12:35:35 pm »

Simple: If you were scum, who would you prefer as a scumbuddy, and why?
Aside from IC's (since i would want someone who knows what he's doing on my team)  it would be probably you, especially since i have the feeling that there's more meaning behind your responses that i'm noticing and i can't see any straightforward errors in them too. And that's rather good scum trait. Or i'm just paranoid. Could be both.

@bdthemag: Honestly, if you cant define how a person is "acting scummy" then a lynching vote is too much. Unless youre scum, of course. And if you didnt notice, I did ask you some more questions after I took my vote off. I will probably take my vote off of Simple soon, since Im getting a read on him. You are third or second on my suspect list, so my vote may move back to you. I think that my read on you may have been false.
Why do you used the 'move back' phrase ? Are you aiming just for him or you're completely clueless ?

@BdtheMag I seem to have more reasons for my distrust of jc than you.
@bdthemag: Honestly, if you cant define how a person is "acting scummy" then a lynching vote is too much. Unless youre scum, of course. And if you didnt notice, I did ask you some more questions after I took my vote off. I will probably take my vote off of Simple soon, since Im getting a read on him. You are third or second on my suspect list, so my vote may move back to you. I think that my read on you may have been false.

jc you seem, to be moving your votes around a lot. Also, you say to Bd that you "may move your vote back to him", and then you say "I think my read on you may have been false".

Why you state that Bdthemag is more suspicious and vote jc without any of them posting in between?

More in a moment.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXV 7/7, 3/3 - D1 - Traitors in the Midst
« Reply #361 on: August 02, 2011, 12:39:17 pm »

Something has been bothering me for a while.
Awwww damn. did I just make a n00b mistake?
Even out of context, this early-game reaction sounds like jc thought he might have let something slip that he was not meaning to, and panicked. This is the forum equivalent of covering your mouth with your hand after saying something incriminating, and being new to the game does not justify that.

Jc: I want to hear you justify it.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: August 02, 2011, 12:52:04 pm »

@simple: Its not that hard to understand. I was voting for bd earlier, so thats why it would move back to him. I am beginning to think my read on him was wrong, thus it is false and giving me reason to move my vote back to him.        @Flandre: It was the equivalent of a teacher stopping class and saying "now every body tell me what he just did wrong".  So I asked if I made a Noob mistake. Not good justification, really, but its what I got.

Urist Mcinternetuser

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthulhu, the scariest Forgotten Beast of all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: August 02, 2011, 01:11:18 pm »

So, day 1 ends today, right? Then that means urists vote on me is a lynching vote. Urist, you are voting to lynch me right now, can you give a better case than "He changed his vote a lot on day 1"? It seems to me that your just wanting to take me out. You could have voted bdthemag, but you didnt. Perhaps because he is scum as well.

I'm not just voting for you because of the vote changing, I already told you why I don't trust you. And about the vote changing, my problem with it is not so much about changing your vote but trying to appease everyone.

Also, Flandre just brought something up that I found very about you scummy about you early on.

Something has been bothering me for a while.
Awwww damn. did I just make a n00b mistake?
Even out of context, this early-game reaction sounds like jc thought he might have let something slip that he was not meaning to, and panicked. This is the forum equivalent of covering your mouth with your hand after saying something incriminating, and being new to the game does not justify that.

Jc: I want to hear you justify it.

@Vector Flandre hasn't really done anything scummy yet.

@Simple I didn't say that I was more suspicious of him than jc, I said that I actually had reasons for voting jc, because he (BdtheMag) had just said that I was scummy for voting jc, meanwhile he was voting jc for no particularly good reasons.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: August 02, 2011, 01:18:39 pm »

@Flandre: It was the equivalent of a teacher stopping class and saying "now every body tell me what he just did wrong".  So I asked if I made a Noob mistake. Not good justification, really, but its what I got.
It was not the 'Did I make a n00b mistake?' so much as the 'Awww, damn.' I know what Vector meant by her post, and what you attempted to convey to her with yours, but I cannot shake the feeling that there is something you are not telling us.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: August 02, 2011, 01:22:49 pm »

So your default is town until they've done something scummy?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: August 02, 2011, 01:26:20 pm »

@urist: as for trying to appease every one, its just because Im a bit weak willed. Its part of the reason i wante to join this game.      @flandre: I have no reason for the awwww damn, i was just was in that sort of mood when I posted that.

Urist Mcinternetuser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: August 02, 2011, 02:03:17 pm »

@Vector No, my default is neutral, Flandre just seems kind of townish.

Simple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: August 02, 2011, 02:40:44 pm »

Vector:Three people you would like to see lynched right now ?

Flandre:Your read on vector ? How would you try to deal bandwagon targeted at you ?

@Simple I didn't say that I was more suspicious of him than jc, I said that I actually had reasons for voting jc, because he (BdtheMag) had just said that I was scummy for voting jc, meanwhile he was voting jc for no particularly good reasons.
There's no answer for my question here. You only admit that you like jumping on bandwagons here. So maybe i ask another question to make it easier : what you find suspicious about bdthemag ?

@Vector No, my default is neutral, Flandre just seems kind of townish.
But you have no reason to think so ? Or there is something ?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: August 02, 2011, 02:49:41 pm »

I'm almost positive jc isn't scum, and I'm really not sure anyone's coming up with anything that I would call conclusive.

Urist Mcinternetuser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: August 02, 2011, 03:35:23 pm »

There's also you. Voting me and giving a little speech about how I've been dumping IC responsibilities on you, after wuba votes you, seems a bit deflectiony.

I got worn out, but that's my responsibility, not yours.  Still wish you'd shown up in a bit more force for the early game, but eh, whatever.  We've got a good crop of newbies now.

Also, I voted you because I really wanted to make sure of my read on you before proceeding.  I still feel that my greatest mistake last game was to play through without ever checking Jim for scumtells or even really thinking about him in seriousness.

I'll still be watching you, but for now Unvote.  You sound nothing like the scum self I'm familiar with.

Sorry folks, been busy. I'll re-read the thread and try to post tonight or tommorow.

I really want to see this happening soon, because I'm not feeling good about you at all.

Not on charges of lurking, either.

Unvote Billybob, Vote JC Honestly that question is extremely stupid, and you keep clarifying yourself to explain to us its not in fact stupid. But anyways, if I was scum I wouldn't do that because that is scummy.

But you keep on acting scummy, then later try to explain yourself. So yeah, your probally scum.

This is a third vote on a bandwagon with some of the weakest voting reasons I have ever seen.  I don't like it.

Vector I voted JC because he would constantly go "Blah blah blah, your right.", and agree with everyone. To me it seemed like he was trying to not get anyone suspicious, so he just agree's with him.

Inconsistent reasoning.

Well, you can answer them now, then. Next time i just put them apart from commentary.

Also here, was just waiting for Vector to post :/

This... this makes so much sense?

Stop ignoring people's questions.  If you don't have time to answer them, then say so.  But don't goof around and say "Oh, I was waiting on the lurker!  That is why I haven't posted.  Questions?  What questions!"

There, happy?

And then go on to pull this bullshit.

This little throwaway makes me think that you have no interest whatsoever in actually scumhunting.

You're dead, tonight or tomorrow.  If you want to live, start digging your way out of that.

Having a cleared IC would likely prevent timewasters such as jc6036 questioning standard Mafia scumhunting strategy.

It's a waste of time to question strategy, hm?

Easy to denigrate other players as timewasters, as well.

I answered that question. Admittedly, my answer was "I'm not sure, definitely one of those", but it was an answer.

[...]

on a completely unrelated note, i am starting to really dislike the way bay12 plays mafia. it is probably objectively more effective than the ways i do like but urrgh so stressful. >.<

a. You need to know whether you're lynching or pressuring.  Right now, it looks like that vote of yours is there just to be there.

Hmm.  Not so good.  That just means you're voting to be voting, BillyBobFred.

b. Just relax.  It gets a lot better.

On the other hand, if you're that stressed it makes me think you're scum.  On the other other hand, I already thought you were scum, so no problemo.

My suspicions are BDthemag, Billybobfred, and Flandre.

Mostly because as Vector kinda pointed out here, he's defensive overly agressive, and lurks a lot.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: August 02, 2011, 03:46:10 pm »

Flandre:Your read on vector ? How would you try to deal bandwagon targeted at you ?
Vector is hard to read due to her experience, but her aggressive, matter-of-fact playstyle hints that she is town.

To answer your other question, I would not to be bothered so much if someone were to found a Flandre-haters' club and recruit several members. There would be no benefit in getting angry, or nervous about it if all I needed to do to defend myself was to speak truthfully. One of the mafia would naturally want to hop aboard, so the situation could even be to my advantage and to the benefit of the town if I were to challenge my attackers.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: August 02, 2011, 03:58:32 pm »

Unvote jc.

Vector: What is your read on Webadict?

Simple/Urist: Who are the three players you would like to see lynched?

Urist Mcinternetuser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: August 02, 2011, 04:17:38 pm »

@Flandre jc6036, Bdthemag, and I'm not sure about a third yet.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: August 02, 2011, 04:21:19 pm »

Time is short. Where is everyone?
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 49