Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 49

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XXV 4/7, 3/3 - Evening 2 - A Pillar of Light - GAME OVER  (Read 77285 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXV 7/7, 3/3 - D1 - Back to the Killing
« Reply #270 on: July 29, 2011, 08:44:27 pm »

I'm still not sure if I'm satisfied with his answer. It's an improvement over his previous answers in that it actually addressed the thing I was asking, but it's a really shitty "oops that did not mean what i thought it meant" type of answer. I guess two people using a word differently can lead to long, pointless, circular arguments, but I explained real early how I was using the word, and if he thought it meant something else, that was his opportunity to bring it up.

If I had to pick a Number One Scum Suspect™, yeah, it'd probably be him. But it's close.
Except, you're not pushing him or asking him anything; you haven't interacted with him at all in a long time. If it's "close," why aren't you pushing him and your other suspect(s) to see which one(s) are scum? If you're "not sure" that you're "satisfied" with his answer, why aren't you making sure or calling him out on it?

Furthermore, who is it close to? I haven't seen you accuse anyone else, at least in a long while, and yet now you've got someone who's close to your only stated suspicion all game? Who?

Just finished reading through everything. My vote goes to jc6036
No. You do not vote someone without explaining why.

Sure jc, I voted for you because you seem pretty shifty, you change your views a lot, constantly accuse people, deflect questions with complaints about noobiness, and it seemed like as soon as you started getting some pressure you wanted to leave the game.
So it's a lynchvote? You feel confident enough to lynch him just from reading the rest of the game, without doing any questioning of your own?

@urist: fair enough, i have been changing around a lot.
Do you think he's justified in lynching you then?

Flandre will replace Twiggy. Yay! We're back at full!
I may be a little conservative to start, but that is just to browse the game and gauge the players! I have some catching up to do.
Excellent. In the meantime, would you rather be a cop or a doctor? What about godfather or roleblocker?

Because I feel like they're just really stupid Town. Or at least JC is. Bd I chose not to because I feel Vector is being super scum, and if Vector's for him, then that's just no good to me.
What makes you say JC is stupid town, and what makes you say Vector wouldn't bus her nooby comrade?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: July 29, 2011, 09:31:22 pm »

Because I feel like they're just really stupid Town. Or at least JC is. Bd I chose not to because I feel Vector is being super scum, and if Vector's for him, then that's just no good to me.
What makes you say JC is stupid town, and what makes you say Vector wouldn't bus her nooby comrade?
Because I really doubt leading the lynch on her partner would help her out unless she's a Godfather, which is possible, but all the factors point toward that that is incredibly unlikely.

Also, it wouldn't teach a newbie much to bus them, unless they were being legitimately scummy.

Urist Mcinternetuser

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthulhu, the scariest Forgotten Beast of all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: July 29, 2011, 09:54:40 pm »

@IronyOwlIf I'm not mistaken, there is no proof of anything at this stage of the game, so we're just basing our accusations off of people's reactions, and I feel that jc has said enough to make me doubt him.

But I get what you're saying.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: July 29, 2011, 10:31:05 pm »

Flandre will replace Twiggy. Yay! We're back at full!
I may be a little conservative to start, but that is just to browse the game and gauge the players! I have some catching up to do.
Excellent. In the meantime, would you rather be a cop or a doctor? What about godfather or roleblocker?
Between being a doctor and a cop, I would choose to be a cop. Doctors face the difficult task of protecting who they believe is the same townie the scum would kill to remain inconspicuous. For the scum, that ideal kill is one that appears random, and as such, there is more luck than skill involved in the doctor's decision. It is not even guaranteed that the recipient of the doctor's protection is even town at all.
To answer the second half of your question, both the godfather and the roleblocker would seem to be equally as useful. Personally, though, I would choose to be a godfather, if only for the reduced chances of getting lynched outside of my control.

I have not looked into the discussion deeply enough to formulate any questions; that will come after I read it again more closely.
However, I would like to note, Urist, that your accusatory statement against jc seems a little more than doubtful. Yours is probably one of the most concrete decision in the thread, and it was dealt immediately upon joining.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: July 29, 2011, 10:41:10 pm »

Ah. Now might be a good time to point out something many of you might not be aware of.

Think's Lurker Tracker is an extremely handy tool for gathering everyone's posts into neat little rows. Obviously, you can miss or notice things using it that you wouldn't have just reading the thread normally, so you should still do things the traditional way, but there's times when it can be absolutely invaluable.

webadict, but what says noobtown about JC? I haven't really noticed that myself.

@IronyOwlIf I'm not mistaken, there is no proof of anything at this stage of the game, so we're just basing our accusations off of people's reactions, and I feel that jc has said enough to make me doubt him.
There's never going to be any "proof" of anything. There'll be varying degrees of strength to our evidence, but it'll almost never be anything ironclad.

You say JC has said enough to make you doubt him, but you're not asking him anything, or indeed doing nothing else with the game. You're voting him, then waiting for him to be lynched. Why is that?

But I get what you're saying.
And yet, you're still not doing anything about it. Don't you have anyone at all you want to know anything at all about?
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Urist Mcinternetuser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: July 29, 2011, 10:54:24 pm »

@jc6036 Who do you think the scum are?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: July 29, 2011, 11:23:14 pm »

webadict, but what says noobtown about JC? I haven't really noticed that myself.
What have you noticed?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: July 30, 2011, 01:13:29 am »

What have you noticed?
Mostly what I said in my omniquestion/revised suspect list post. He doesn't know what he's doing, but I didn't really get any sense of alignment from that.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: July 30, 2011, 01:56:23 am »

What have you noticed?
Mostly what I said in my omniquestion/revised suspect list post. He doesn't know what he's doing, but I didn't really get any sense of alignment from that.
If he has no idea what he's doing, then what's the logical answer?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: July 30, 2011, 02:10:45 am »

...god damn it webadict, stop Zenning me out. If he doesn't know what he's doing, then he doesn't have LNCP (or a scumbuddy) coaching him, then he must be town.

Got frickin' Holmes the Penguin in here. ಠ_ಠ

Urist Mcinternetuser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: July 30, 2011, 02:25:40 am »

@Flandre What's wrong with starting off with an accusation? I had just read through the whole topic, and I strongly felt that jc was scum.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: July 30, 2011, 09:39:56 am »

@Flandre What's wrong with starting off with an accusation? I had just read through the whole topic, and I strongly felt that jc was scum.
There is nothing wrong with making accusations, but you just seem so sure of his guilt so soon.
Jc has said some things that seemed off, but it only takes one misstep to spark a line of interrogations. He was under a lot of pressure, and had to say much to explain himself. Even a townie, especially as played by a novice, can say something off eventually; the interrogation magnet would, as a result, be tossed to him. I am not saying I disagree with you, but from the neutral perspective that I have adopted upon joining, you simply just stood out with your comment.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: July 30, 2011, 10:10:38 am »

As an addendum to my previous post, I would like to point out that:
a viable scum tactic would be to (sometimes unquestionably) vote out a townie with whom the town has already laid suspicion.

Urist, jc: Would you consider the above tactic as one that is currently in progress? Explain your reasoning.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: July 30, 2011, 10:21:15 am »

...god damn it webadict, stop Zenning me out. If he doesn't know what he's doing, then he doesn't have LNCP (or a scumbuddy) coaching him, then he must be town.

Got frickin' Holmes the Penguin in here. ಠ_ಠ
It's all elementary, my dear IronyOwl.

The only reason that reasoning would be wrong, and this is very possible, is that he is playing from his phone, and therefore unable to access Quicktopic as often, meaning any advice from LNCP wouldn't reach him in time. However, look at this question:

@vector: you, in order to answer your question about preferable scum buddies. I have a question, is it possible for an IC to be scum?

Which means that IF he's scum, then no IC is scum, as a scum with an IC partner would know this.

And also, I doubt any new scum would post something like this:

@kilakan: you were completely right about being overly defensive. Its just something I will have to work on. Call it scummy if you will, but its an honest newbie mistake. @vector: ok, I will work on my case tonight and try to get it posted tomorrow, if thats okay.

It's honestly too heartfelt. If he did this as scum, then he is too far beyond anything we can teach him here.

Like I said, elementary. It's more likely he's new town, confused about how to play the game.

Vector, on the other hand, has been activelurking, using her ICing to teach more than she's playing. She even used an appeal to authority earlier. Quite the suspicious lass over there. I have a doubt that she's just THAT into her IC position, so I'll assume that she's using it as a cover to not do as much scumhunting. I know, since I've done it on several occasions. It's easy, since you have something to say that's not game related, but IS saying something.

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: July 30, 2011, 10:24:16 am »

Except, you're not pushing him or asking him anything; you haven't interacted with him at all in a long time. If it's "close," why aren't you pushing him and your other suspect(s) to see which one(s) are scum? If you're "not sure" that you're "satisfied" with his answer, why aren't you making sure or calling him out on it?

Furthermore, who is it close to? I haven't seen you accuse anyone else, at least in a long while, and yet now you've got someone who's close to your only stated suspicion all game? Who?
My other suspect is jc, but everyone seems to suspect him.

I don't really know where to go with bd's answer.
Billybob I realize I made a mistake about what you said before, talking about night actions is somewhat okay. Your not really going to get alot of info on them besides who that person would target if they were X. Sure it can lead to mroe discussion on why they would pick who, but its not a good source of finding information.

... Actually, no. Never let me say something about someone's posts without a citation again, because rereading this, I find it still doesn't answer the question I actually wanted answered!

Bdthemag: Why the hell do you keep answering the "night actions r turrible" part of my question when I was pretty much satisfied with that the first time and ignoring the "wait, my questions were WIFOM?" part that started the whole argument?

@billybobfred: is your current vote on bd still pressure, or is it a lynching vote?
I very nearly missed your question again! Line breaks and [b]bold[/b] names! Especially line breaks!

I'm not sure at what point a pressure vote over something that consistently doesn't get answered becomes a lynch vote.
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 49