Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 49

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XXV 4/7, 3/3 - Evening 2 - A Pillar of Light - GAME OVER  (Read 77175 times)

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXV 7/7, 3/3 - D1 - Two Replacements Needed
« Reply #240 on: July 28, 2011, 06:18:03 pm »

Webadict is listed as an IC in the OP, so you should have some help now, vector. (Although it wasnt you that caused it, I was at the point of quitting once. :P )

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: July 28, 2011, 06:24:12 pm »

Another reason to vote me would be, as I mentioned, because I haven't received any other vote all game.

I am having a very, very hard time managing between ICing and playing.  This is a game where two playing ICs are required; I feel that the job of ICing has been delegated to me due to IronyOwl's repeated absences, and I cannot make much traction on scumhunting when I am too busy trying to tell everyone what to do and what not to do.  I am also terrified of attacking some newbie to the point where they run screaming out of the game or allow themselves to be lynched (or to the point where it kills all activity in general), because it's something that just seems to keep on happening.

I still want to know why you have cleared BDthemag, having apparently read only the first 6.5 pages of the game.
I never said I cleared Bd. I said we aren't lynching him. Two totally different concepts.

Why are you letting me get free shots at you? Last-game-you was so much more aggressive. You weren't "terrified of attacking some newbie" last game.

All-in-all, you're putting up a terrible defense. One that might work on someone that had any emotion. I, on the other hand, feel no sympathy for you. You signed up for this job, and while it is a shame Irony is elsewhere, you are still doing more talk than action. Why don't you lead through doing?

Fight back. What would YOU do if someone sat there? Ask for more information? Sure. Emotionally weigh your words? I don't think so. Come up with excuses? Never. You should be like, "Oh, was I doing that? Screw old Vector, then."

Oh, and way to pick on the person you ADMIT is absent.

Webadict is listed as an IC in the OP, so you should have some help now, vector. (Although it wasnt you that caused it, I was at the point of quitting once. :P )
Get playing. No one told you to stop, did they?

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: July 28, 2011, 06:33:52 pm »

@webadict: waiting on an answer from Simple, and I think I have a good read on BD. Have you read the entire thread? Also, no need to be so commanding, just a simple "start playing again, please." would have sufficed.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: July 28, 2011, 06:35:05 pm »

@webadict: waiting on an answer from Simple, and I think I have a good read on BD. Have you read the entire thread? Also, no need to be so commanding, just a simple "start playing again, please." would have sufficed.
You obviously haven't played with Wuba yet.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: July 28, 2011, 06:36:26 pm »

No crap, I havnt played with anybody else yet. This is my first game.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: July 28, 2011, 06:44:39 pm »

Yeah, sorry about that. Trying to get back into the game, but having the hardest time focusing on and distinguishing between everyone.

IronyOwl, please give me your top two scumpicks.
Attempting to reread now to do more useful things (including re-involving everyone still here), but just off the top of my head, Simple and Twiggie seem off. Obviously, Twiggie's absence makes that rather irrelevant.

There's also you. Voting me and giving a little speech about how I've been dumping IC responsibilities on you, after wuba votes you, seems a bit deflectiony.

While I am not the greatest role model at the moment, there are other people you could question.

Two things.

One, we're not lynching jc. Or Bdthemag.

Two, Vector.
I'd like to point out that teaching others to play is generally more important than winning. While I have great confidence in your style as used by you, I suspect it'll just be confusing to the wee ones. You might want to explain yourself better or use more traditional methods.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: July 28, 2011, 07:12:26 pm »

That WAS the my way of putting it.

The point you don't get is that you don't get a free pass to sit here and do nothing but activelurk. You may do something productive otherwise, such as find more evidence or question someone else. I won't accept "waiting" as an answer, unless you're "waiting" to die.

Two things.

One, we're not lynching jc. Or Bdthemag.

Two, Vector.
I'd like to point out that teaching others to play is generally more important than winning. While I have great confidence in your style as used by you, I suspect it'll just be confusing to the wee ones. You might want to explain yourself better or use more traditional methods.
Hm... you have a point. I'll attempt to provide more evidence in the future, lest I require otherwise.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: July 28, 2011, 07:45:48 pm »

As a general rule, asking questions of everyone in the game is of limited utility. However, in this case it should help bring everyone back to the game, and I need to make up for lost time anyway.

Bd, give me your reads on everyone. If you haven't got one, just say so, but then explain why you're not getting one.

billybobfred, why are you sitting on your BD vote? Do you think he's scum? Why or why not?

Simple, please restate your case on Bdthemag, as well as any other scumpicks you have.

JC, why are you only questioning one person at a time?

wuba, why aren't we lynching JC or Bd today?

Vector, scumpicks?

IronyOwl, please give me your top two scumpicks.
More meaningful answers:

Bd is town. His style seems very simplistic, perhaps a bit lost, but earnest. If he is scum, he's got a remarkably unusual outlook on it.
billybobfred seems slippery. He's been decrying his own usefulness, sort of flailing around, and generally being nervous.
Simple still seems off. Could be awkwardness from mostly knowing what he's doing but still being new, or he could be scum doing a good job of relentlessly attacking anyone he can get some traction on.
JC clearly doesn't know what he's doing. Hard to figure anything out from that.
No reads on you or web.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: July 28, 2011, 11:48:53 pm »

Urist Mcinternetuser may replace in soon.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: July 29, 2011, 01:41:54 am »

@irony: I was just making sure I wasnt taking on more than I could handle at one time0 but I see that it does help to spread out questions a bit, so @billybobfred: You seem to be focusing on Bd recently, what are you going to do now since he has explained the WIFOM situation?  @simple: answer my question, please. @bdthemag: what do you think of billy boa sitting on his vote after your explanation? @the mod: what day is our Day extended to?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: July 29, 2011, 02:40:16 am »

JC: You might want to space out and bold the name in your questions, to make them easier to see.

As for your last question:
The day is modextended to Tuesday, to allow for replacements to come in.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: July 29, 2011, 08:20:34 am »

. . . I just sat down on the couch for ten minutes to read a book and ended up falling asleep for the next fourteen hours.

Fuck.

Anyway, I have two hours to study for an exam, three hours to take it, and two hours of transit total--so expect me back and being useful around then.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: July 29, 2011, 10:52:01 am »

billybobfred, why are you sitting on your BD vote? Do you think he's scum? Why or why not?
I'm still not sure if I'm satisfied with his answer. It's an improvement over his previous answers in that it actually addressed the thing I was asking, but it's a really shitty "oops that did not mean what i thought it meant" type of answer. I guess two people using a word differently can lead to long, pointless, circular arguments, but I explained real early how I was using the word, and if he thought it meant something else, that was his opportunity to bring it up.

If I had to pick a Number One Scum Suspect™, yeah, it'd probably be him. But it's close.
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: July 29, 2011, 10:54:54 am »

You missed my question, billybob.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: July 29, 2011, 12:10:57 pm »

Urist Mcinternetuser will replace kilakan. Urist Mcinternetuser will get his role PM shortly. Simple will be prodded if he does not post by this evening.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 49