Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 49

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XXV 4/7, 3/3 - Evening 2 - A Pillar of Light - GAME OVER  (Read 77138 times)

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXV 7/7, 3/3 - D1 - Two Replacements Needed
« Reply #225 on: July 27, 2011, 10:27:02 pm »

I would imagine being a replacement is like jumping onto a train at full steam, and as that would make me nervous, so does this...
Other than that, I am in nincompoop's ' Witch's Coven' mafia spinoff, which may require more concentration than a second game would allow. I would love to join, but it does not seem as if that would work out.
I don't want to see this end like the last BM!
It's more like watching a bunch of people running from an avalanche and deciding, "Sure, that looks fun."
I like your analogy better. Heh, and I suppose you find running from an avalanche an easy decision?
Oh, wait; I forget you are a penguin.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 10:30:23 pm by Flandre »

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXV 7/7, 3/3 - D1 - Three Replacements Needed
« Reply #226 on: July 27, 2011, 10:29:30 pm »

Webadict will replace UltraValican. Webadict will receive his role PM shortly.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: July 27, 2011, 11:10:14 pm »

I would imagine being a replacement is like jumping onto a train at full steam, and as that would make me nervous, so does this...
Other than that, I am in nincompoop's ' Witch's Coven' mafia spinoff, which may require more concentration than a second game would allow. I would love to join, but it does not seem as if that would work out.
I don't want to see this end like the last BM!
It's more like watching a bunch of people running from an avalanche and deciding, "Sure, that looks fun."
I like your analogy better. Heh, and I suppose you find running from an avalanche an easy decision?
Oh, wait; I forget you are a penguin.
I don't run. I slide. That avalanche? Psh. Screw the people behind me.

Oh wait, some of them have guns.

Anyhow, I'll catch up fully tomorrow. Alright everyone?

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: July 28, 2011, 03:54:55 am »

Despite your best efforts to keep the good name of the guard, the lord of the keep has heard wind of slacking off, and he is not pleased, not with the constant threat of lordnincompoop attacking! To tighten security, the lord has seen to it that three soldiers are sacked (That is to say, tied up in sacks and thrown into the local river) and has, in their place, hired a man known for he's strict military discipline! If Webbsy can't keep these slackers in line, who can? To fill other vacant positions, a order has been sent out by the lord asking for able men to answer the call. You wonder who will show...

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: July 28, 2011, 03:05:40 pm »

Extension.

We need time for people to look over stuff (i.e. replacements and, well, me), and we're nowhere near the "end" of D1.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: July 28, 2011, 03:16:21 pm »

The day is modextended to Tuesday, to allow for replacements to come in.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: July 28, 2011, 03:28:00 pm »

So. . . .do most beginners games have the problems this one does? (people dropping out, low activity, etc.)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: July 28, 2011, 03:30:12 pm »

Plenty do.

Most of the games on this forum tend to stay pretty active and powerful, though.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: July 28, 2011, 04:48:12 pm »

So. . . .do most beginners games have the problems this one does? (people dropping out, low activity, etc.)
The problem is new people don't understand the effort a game takes. Anyhow, I'll start looking over now.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: July 28, 2011, 05:05:33 pm »

Two things.

One, we're not lynching jc. Or Bdthemag.

Two, Vector.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: July 28, 2011, 05:08:34 pm »

Fair enough.  Can you explain your reasoning on BDthemag?  I agree with you on JC at this point, but I don't have any read on the other dude.

It'd also be cool to have a question or something with that vote, but I'll admit that I'm actually so happy at this point to have someone engaging me that I don't really care ;_;

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: July 28, 2011, 05:15:09 pm »

Fair enough.  Can you explain your reasoning on BDthemag?  I agree with you on JC at this point, but I don't have any read on the other dude.

It'd also be cool to have a question or something with that vote, but I'll admit that I'm actually so happy at this point to have someone engaging me that I don't really care ;_;
Why is it "fair enough" that I want you dead? Are you that scummy?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: July 28, 2011, 05:19:32 pm »

It's fair enough that you want to vote me and hopefully determine my alignment, given that this is the first vote I've received all game and I haven't been on anyone for the past few days =/  If you'd voted someone else, I think I would have been disappointed.

I wasn't aware you wanted to lynch me, which does seem unreasonable without a case of any sort.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: July 28, 2011, 05:37:05 pm »

It's fair enough that you want to vote me and hopefully determine my alignment, given that this is the first vote I've received all game and I haven't been on anyone for the past few days =/  If you'd voted someone else, I think I would have been disappointed.

I wasn't aware you wanted to lynch me, which does seem unreasonable without a case of any sort.
Of course I want to lynch you. Why would I vote you otherwise? Don't assume I'm like you where your vote means nothing if it lands on someone. I got to page 9 and couldn't stand your passiveness. You weren't participating in the actual game.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: July 28, 2011, 06:07:34 pm »

Another reason to vote me would be, as I mentioned, because I haven't received any other vote all game.

I am having a very, very hard time managing between ICing and playing.  This is a game where two playing ICs are required; I feel that the job of ICing has been delegated to me due to IronyOwl's repeated absences, and I cannot make much traction on scumhunting when I am too busy trying to tell everyone what to do and what not to do.  I am also terrified of attacking some newbie to the point where they run screaming out of the game or allow themselves to be lynched (or to the point where it kills all activity in general), because it's something that just seems to keep on happening.

I still want to know why you have cleared BDthemag, having apparently read only the first 6.5 pages of the game.

IronyOwl, please give me your top two scumpicks.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 49