Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 49

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XXV 4/7, 3/3 - Evening 2 - A Pillar of Light - GAME OVER  (Read 77063 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXV 7/7, 3/3 - D1 - Traitors in the Midst
« Reply #195 on: July 25, 2011, 04:30:49 pm »

It's extended to Thursday already, I think.

I need to post in another game, but I intend to do the compiling for this thread this evening.  Should have plenty of time.

Keep it up, guys.  It is looking a hell of a lot better.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 25, 2011, 06:29:16 pm »

@simple: When I said true intentions, I meant that I would reveal whether he was scum or townie, not just scum. I was building a case for many of the same reasons you have on him currently, but he put many of those to rest in his above posts, so I took the vote oef. I think that hir methods seemed scummy, but he explained them well and they then made sense, so I took off the pressure and am looking for someone else to question. It took him forever to explain, though, and I actually had a paragraph typed up when he put my suspicions to rest. Honestly, you were the second person on my suspect lirt because of the scriver dilemma and one of your early questions. Your question on tactics that I would expect of scum made me think that you were checking out expectations so that you could avoid them in the future. I have a question for you, How did you believe that the info gained from the tactics question help town?

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 25, 2011, 06:30:56 pm »

Simple I wasn't aware you asked me any questions, it just seemed like you were commenting on my post's.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Simple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 25, 2011, 07:00:17 pm »

Oh, i thought extension needed more votes, Shorten/Cancel Extension then

@simple: When I said true intentions, I meant that I would reveal whether he was scum or townie, not just scum. I was building a case for many of the same reasons you have on him currently, but he put many of those to rest in his above posts, so I took the vote oef. I think that hir methods seemed scummy, but he explained them well and they then made sense, so I took off the pressure and am looking for someone else to question. It took him forever to explain, though, and I actually had a paragraph typed up when he put my suspicions to rest. Honestly, you were the second person on my suspect lirt because of the scriver dilemma and one of your early questions. Your question on tactics that I would expect of scum made me think that you were checking out expectations so that you could avoid them in the future. I have a question for you, How did you believe that the info gained from the tactics question help town?
Why the phrase "i'm looking for someone else to question" sound like "looking for easy target"? What do you mean by scriver dilemma ?
As for the tactics question, it's very broad so it's good for starting a longer discussion, especially since it touches scum-sensitive problems which are taken more cautiously by them which ironically means it's easier to detect their truthfulness. And scum slips are very helpful for us. And i don't think  scum would ask what not to do here instead asking their IC, but that's just my opinion.

Simple I wasn't aware you asked me any questions, it just seemed like you were commenting on my post's.
Well, you can answer them now, then. Next time i just put them apart from commentary.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 25, 2011, 07:15:49 pm »

My vote back then was for his dodging question with wifom excuses and not doing asking any productive questions.It was more of a "Hello? Anybody there ? Answer the damn questions!" vote, right now after i reread few older posts i'm not so sure if it's the best place for my vote but i guess few more questions before i change it won't hurt.
It's generally good to continue pressing/reminding them when doing so, however. In this case it likely wouldn't have made much difference, but asking them something once and then sitting on your vote waiting is generally not especially productive.

Using case here seems bit odd to me, especially since i think i didn't voted him before but anyway: I didn't answered his question because his response seemed lazy and dodging to me, and maybe it's a bad reason (especially since he has been replaced) but is at least wording the same questions in other way that hard ? Also his non-voting fixation sounded to me as bit strange over-defensive scum thinking but that's hardly anything serious. And now it makes me bit confused how to use anything scriver did when dealing with kilakan to be honest.
Well, you seemed to find him suspicious, so "case" seemed like a decent enough approximation. "Suspicions" or "why do you suspect him" or something might have been more accurate.

You're correct that trying to use scriver's scumtells against kilakan is... difficult, at best. Kilakan's inherited the same role, however, so if for whatever reason you were pretty sure scriver had been scum, rather than just suspecting him for some suspicious behavior, it might have made sense to similarly press kilakan.

He still ignores my questions so it's bit hard to question him isn't it ? And that's main of the reasons why he still have my vote on him. And now i see he backs away when pressed so he's in my opinion playing so defensively it's suspicious. As for my suspect list: Bdthemag, jc6036( he's changing his suspects/opinions like to adjust to people currently questioning him..), ultravalican/Twiggie (not enough input to evaluate their town/scum-ness),scriver,you,Vector. But there's no one who stands  out as much more scummy than others.
Again, constantly reminding him that he had questions you want answered is generally better than sitting on your vote.

Similarly, you might want to just ask them again, since he's claimed to have been busy/not paying attention.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: July 25, 2011, 07:38:22 pm »

In your discussions with your fellow guard, it seems you have missed something. One of you has fallen asleep on a nearby chair. You can not let it be seen that the watch aren't doing their job, so you walk over and shake him a little, hoping to wake him up.

Twiggie has been poked.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: July 25, 2011, 07:56:45 pm »

@kilakan: you were completely right about being overly defensive. Its just something I will have to work on. Call it scummy if you will, but its an honest newbie mistake. @vector: ok, I will work on my case tonight and try to get it posted tomorrow, if thats okay.
Uh huh, ok then that's a better reply.  Since I don't have time tonight to read through the new two pages, quote and make arguments I'll leave it at this for now: Unvote
also I am happy for the extend.
Nom nom nom

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 25, 2011, 11:15:10 pm »

@simple: I honestly dont know how you changed "looking for some one else to question" to "looking for an easy target". Bdthemag put my suspicions to rest, so im finding someone else to question. And by the scriver dilemma, I mean when you and scriver were trying to get each other to answer questions. Which neither of you did. Now, a question, what would be your favorite strategy if you were scum?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 26, 2011, 02:22:12 am »

Apparently the analysis comes tomorrow.

Never fear, it'll get done quickish.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 27, 2011, 09:04:19 am »

Moderator: Twiggie, UltraValican, and billybobfred need pokes. There's a bunch more cutting it pretty close too.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 27, 2011, 09:14:55 am »

It seems I won't be able to continue the game,, Im requsting a replacement
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: July 27, 2011, 09:29:32 am »

I'm still here.

I just... ran out of things to say. =/
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: July 27, 2011, 09:35:12 am »

Fnurgle

Yeah, I'm here.  Woke up a tad bit too late, though, so I'll have to post later today.  Damned German class.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 27, 2011, 10:46:05 am »

Twiggie has already been prodded once, so we will need 2 replacements.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXV 7/7, 3/3 - D1 - Two Replacements Needed
« Reply #209 on: July 27, 2011, 11:37:18 am »

Still here! Just. . . .wondering where everybody else went. . . .
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 49