Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 49

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XXV 4/7, 3/3 - Evening 2 - A Pillar of Light - GAME OVER  (Read 77044 times)

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXV 7/7, 3/3 - D1 - Traitors in the Midst
« Reply #105 on: July 21, 2011, 08:49:32 pm »

@bdthemag: then perhaps its just your volatile personality in general thats showing in your posts. I just think that your working a bit too hard to make your self look townie.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 21, 2011, 08:54:27 pm »

Billy bob is also putting up a good defense, but for all I know, he could still be scum. I trust nobody.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 21, 2011, 09:38:42 pm »

I guess IC should have a bit of freedom but shouldn't there be at least one explaination/question/invective behind that vote ?

Asked a question, got an answer, moved on to put my vote somewhere I thought would be more useful.

I have a read on you now, and that's all I wanted.

Also, news broadcast: I'm a woman.  Those of you who have been calling me "he" will not be smote with righteous anger, but it'd be cool if you swapped your pronouns.  Thanks muchly.

Gotta reread through this thing, because damn has this game been moving quick.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 21, 2011, 10:11:10 pm »

Billybob there's a difference between asking hypothetical questions, and WIFOM questions. The difference is that WIFOM questions lead to circular arguements which do not help town.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 21, 2011, 10:31:24 pm »

Yeah, and I told you, I don't see any WIFOM in my questions. Your response to this statement was the "possible situations that may or may not happen", also known as "hypothetical".

If you see circular logic in my questions, please explain it so that I can ask non-sucky questions instead, instead of just saying "WIFOM is bad" over and over. I know WIFOM is bad! Don't tell me what is bad about WIFOM, tell me what is WIFOM about my questions!
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 21, 2011, 11:22:40 pm »

@billybob: I just re read your three questions, and although I see no WIFOM, I see no worth in the answers you would get any ways. I believe that distracting questions are a scumtell? Unless useless questions like that are WIFOM. What sort of info did you hope to gain from the questions? billybob

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 21, 2011, 11:33:54 pm »

The point of asking questions in RVS is supposed to be to get a feel for the other players.

I am pretty terrible at that in the best circumstances! (reminder: these are not the best circumstances) I don't think my questions are completely useless in that department, though.
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 21, 2011, 11:45:41 pm »

@billybob: If you were scum, would distractions be a major strategy for you?

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 21, 2011, 11:56:47 pm »

I would be terrible at distractions.

Not to say I wouldn't try them. But it wouldn't come out until I was desperate.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 22, 2011, 08:03:54 am »

Yalls should join the Dark Side before it's to late~~~

@bdthemag: so, with all this talk about scum communication, and your vicious posting, your getting to look a bit suspicious. I have a question for you, if you were scum, what lengths would you go to to frame somebody else as scum and make your self appear to be town?  @billybob: same question as above.     Unvote Twiggie, bdthemag.

Brotip: Both votes and unvotes are both done in bright red.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 22, 2011, 08:59:06 am »

@ jc6036, If you were a doctor how would you go about protecting town?
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 22, 2011, 09:10:25 am »

@ jc6036, If you were a doctor how would you go about protecting town?

HOW FUCKING MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO SAY VOTE WITH YOUR FUCKING FIRST QUESTION.

What, five?  Is it really five or more?

I'm sorry for jumping on you, UltraValican.  It isn't your fault that you just happened to be residing in this time slot.  However, I am starting to suspect that no one is paying attention.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 22, 2011, 10:52:50 am »

Scriver, people didn't listen last game when I told them to vote and ask questions during RVS.

Maybe you want to change your tactics, there.  The more corralling I have to do, the less I can help scumhunt.
Why would I want to vote before I know anything about the others, though?

What would your own answers to those questions be, by the way?
And why not ask yourself scriver   ? You're scared of revealing something while asking own questions ?
Truth to be told, I'm not good at coming up with questions. I do think it's rather suspicious that you're implying I'm hiding something, though, instead of answering the questions I wanted you to, Simple. I'm still waiting for answers.

scriver: If you're a cop and (somehow) know the mafia have exactly one power role, would you rather it be godfather or roleblocker?
I'm not completely sure. I might not be able to find a Godfather, but a roleblocker could block my investigations every time. But that would require him to know I am a cop, I guess, so it's not very likely. So in the end, I think, I'd rather it was a roleblocker than a godfather.

This being my first game ever, I simply cannot think of what questions to ask, and what I could learn from my answers. Thats why I was letting others do the questioning for me. . . .this really is infuriating, not really being able to play well. I will do my best, however.
I'm having the exact same problems. I have no idea what to ask, unfortunately. Or how to read the answers. So far, this is all just one big pile of suspicious.
Maybe I should've read some other games before I threw myself into this.

ninja'd!
VOTE WITH YOUR FUCKING FIRST QUESTION.
Why is this, Vec?
Love, scriver~

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 22, 2011, 10:56:51 am »

@vector: either you just have a very anal personality, or your scum. . .wanting us to vote this early, trying to get us all to put pressure on each other. . . .suspicious, hmmm, vector?

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 22, 2011, 10:59:12 am »

woops, just saw the doctor question. @Ultra: being relativitaly new hear, I would probally protect whomever seemed the most likley target of a night kill. If I knew who the cop was, he would be good to protect. So, trying a little rolehunting, eh?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 49