Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 49

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XXV 4/7, 3/3 - Evening 2 - A Pillar of Light - GAME OVER  (Read 76958 times)

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXV 7/7, 3/3 - D1 - Traitors in the Midst
« Reply #90 on: July 21, 2011, 06:22:52 pm »

Unvote Twig Vote Billybob

Those questions are extremely WIFOMy, especially since your talking about night actions. Are you trying to distract the town with a few worthless questions to make it seem like your scumhunting?

Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 21, 2011, 06:23:35 pm »

Taking a short break be back soon.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 21, 2011, 06:27:31 pm »

billybobfred, what do you think we'll learn from the NK?
Exactly what we learn would depend on what happens during the day, but depending on who they had previously interacted with and the nature of the interactions, it would give us a place to start investigating. Or continue investigating, if you're not me and therefore are not entirely awful at day 1.
That doesn't sound like learning anything, though. That sounds like being given a potential cue to some of the next day's activities.

I was going to ask everyone a question, but I could only come up with three. Oh well maybe with moar caffeine I can ask the rest of you some things.
Spreading yourself out too thin is generally not a particularly good thing, since at some point your questions lose potency, either to yourself (since there's too much data to process) and/or to your target (since scum don't really get nervous when everyone's in the same boat).

Also, I would avoid reading too much into UltraValican's current absence. There are a number of perfectly valid reasons to have not gotten around to posting here just yet, rather than being lurkscum hoping to avoid attention.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 21, 2011, 06:32:19 pm »

Unvote Twig Vote Billybob

Those questions are extremely WIFOMy, especially since your talking about night actions. Are you trying to distract the town with a few worthless questions to make it seem like your scumhunting?
No matter how hard I look at my questions, I can't see any WIFOM in them. Care to point it out?

WIFOM is still the "but what if that's what he wanted me to think" logic, right? Because that is the thing I don't see.

(also, mandatory "my scumhunting what" joke poking fun at your incorrect grammar goes here)

That doesn't sound like learning anything, though. That sounds like being given a potential cue to some of the next day's activities.
This did occur to me.

... That by itself is not much of a response but I can't actually think of anything to add to it. bluh.
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

Simple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 21, 2011, 06:34:55 pm »

Simple Oh excuse me, I thought this was the RVS stage where you randomly vote people and compare their responses with others to see who is scum.

Jc Scum tactics right now? I would assume the scum would be trying to look town, and viciously questioning eachother to make it seem they are in no way related.
How do you get someone response from single word ? Because two out of three of your question weren't questions at all! Unless simple "ok" gives you information about someone. And how would you viciously question your scumbuddy without making yourself or him look suspicious ? Unless you meant something else than serious probing questions by this ?

Simple: You're a cop. Three people left. An innocent read on both. Therefore, one of them has to be a godfather. One is attacking the other, the other is attacking you. What do?
Punch you. No, really. This situation should never happen. The day before it was this situation i would claim. Because at this point my role would be useless. Nobody will believe i'm a cop at this point and killing me would grant nothing to scum anyway the day before. Or maybe not, because asking about such precise situation is a bit useless especially since it's obvious my decision would rely on my observations beforehand.And i'm not going to waste my time overthinking it.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 21, 2011, 06:43:26 pm »

Billybob first of your talking about possible situations that may or may not happen, then your start talking about night actions WHICH YOU SHOULD NEVER DO. Those kind of questions are stupid and won't help the town at all.

Simple Im looking for people's responses, if they freak the fuck out and start OMGUS'ing thats a scumtell. Your questions are entering WIFOM territory and those questions rarely help out the town, because if I talk about how a scumpartner would questions another one without suspicion they could also decide not to do that. Im not sure if anyone know's that but I fucking hate it when people ask WIFOM questions.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Welcome to Reality.

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 21, 2011, 06:58:40 pm »

billybob: kind of irrelevant but whatever. anyway, probably a cop, since he's more likely to claim his role and thus become useless.

jc, why so defensive? when you use words like '*appeared*' and 'to my mind at least' it seems very suspicious. you voted me but you're being extremely cautious now, and it seems like you just picked me for other people's points of view, which is not good for the town.

you don't seem to have formed any opinion of who is scum yourself, but you haven't pursued any other lines of questioning. what gives?

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 21, 2011, 07:04:47 pm »

Simple: You're a cop. Three people left. An innocent read on both. Therefore, one of them has to be a godfather. One is attacking the other, the other is attacking you. What do?
Punch you. No, really. This situation should never happen. The day before it was this situation i would claim. Because at this point my role would be useless.
... *facepalm* People who think things through better than I do count: +1
times about a million for the sheer "holy shit how did i not see that this scenario is literally impossible" factor.

I would like to replace that with a non-sucky question, but everything I have thought of is either fantastically unlikely, dripping with WIFOM, or irrelevant to this game. (questions: did i mention i suck at them?)

Billybob first of your talking about possible situations that may or may not happen, then your start talking about night actions WHICH YOU SHOULD NEVER DO. Those kind of questions are stupid and won't help the town at all.
For the first part, you may have noticed that a lot of these questions are hypothetical.
To the second part... well, I didn't know that talking about night actions is terrible and wrong. =/
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 21, 2011, 07:06:27 pm »

Though when I scrolled through the topic to count just how many questions were hypothetical I noticed that there were nowhere near as many questions of any kind as I thought there were.

Like, I was sure everyone but me had asked about six of them each.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 21, 2011, 07:43:27 pm »

no, it was actually more of a condescending thing, though i hate to admit it

Don't be condescending to the ICs.  I don't know about IronyOwl, but I know that I personally only have so much temper, and it runs out a lot faster with needless provocation.

yeah sorry. its something im trying to work on irl too.

ultravalcian, i notice you havent posted yet. if you were scum, who would you want to NK and why?

Just got back from some real life stuff and I'm still reading through the game so far. Could you explain your question better?
If you mean which player I would night kill (if I were scum), at this point....no one really from what I read so far no ones really putting the heat on anyone yet, if I where scum I would try to contribute to the inquisition just enough without seeming like I was bandwagon (if that’s a word :P), I might wait till a few others vote before I go in for the mislynch. Then I would NK the player who started said mislynch.
If you are referring to what role, I would NK Cop first. Doctor second.

@ultravalcian: So, if you were scum, would you be more of a lurking type, an up front voter type, or somewhere in the middle?
If I were scum I would be as active as possible, but I would never cast the first vote.

@Twiggie, Would you care to explain why your so concerned about some one who hasn't posted before the first 24 hours of the game are even up?
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 21, 2011, 07:55:36 pm »

i wasn't particularly concerned, i just wanted to point it out since i think vector? said everyone was online. i figured you lived in a different timezone and were asleep, tbh.

and apparently thinking about NKs is worthless, so its a moot point...

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 21, 2011, 08:24:55 pm »

This being my first game ever, I simply cannot think of what questions to ask, and what I could learn from my answers. Thats why I was letting others do the questioning for me. . . .this really is infuriating, not really being able to play well. I will do my best, however.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 21, 2011, 08:39:49 pm »

@bdthemag: so, with all this talk about scum communication, and your vicious posting, your getting to look a bit suspicious. I have a question for you, if you were scum, what lengths would you go to to frame somebody else as scum and make your self appear to be town?  @billybob: same question as above.     Unvote Twiggie, bdthemag.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 21, 2011, 08:46:09 pm »

Jc Im not sure if you understand, that is the scums goal. There are suppose to frame other people to look like scum, I don't really understand your question.

Besides your taking what I said and applying it to me, care to give me an example of my "Vicious posting"?
Welcome to Reality.

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 21, 2011, 08:47:31 pm »

So right after my last post, I put together yet another response. But then I thought "Whoa, maybe you're reacting too quickly!" So I let it sit there until now, and you know what? It still looks good. So here it is.

I was trying to get something resembling real numbers on the ratio of hypothetical to non-hypothetical scumhunting questions, and I saw something that I had somehow missed before:

Useful RVS questions are generally hypothetical

So now I'm wondering, Bdthemag, why you went after me for, let's go with your exact words,
talking about possible situations that may or may not happen
when it has been explicitly stated (by an IC, no less!) that asking hypothetical questions is a good thing.

@billybob: same question as above.
At the risk of putting everything I've said so far under suspicion, if I were scum, I would ask questions that I think are useful and press anyone who gave what I saw as a strange answer. In short, my first priority during the day would be to act just the same as town!billybobfred would.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 49