Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 49

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XXV 4/7, 3/3 - Evening 2 - A Pillar of Light - GAME OVER  (Read 76944 times)

Simple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXV 7/7, 3/3 - D1 - Traitors in the Midst
« Reply #75 on: July 21, 2011, 05:50:01 pm »

So time to respond:

Not a lot. Chances are, our day 1 lynch will be some townie who said the wrong thing. This, of course, will help nothing.

We'll learn a lot more from the first night, I'd guess.
So you say we should give up trying and just lynch random person ? I guess scum could say something like that. And if lynching town would achieve nothing how you want to play next day ? Same way ?

The cop, obviously. I have yet to see a zombie movie with a doctor who didn't end up being torn to pieces and hideously devoured.

What would your own answers to those questions be, by the way?
And why not ask yourself scriver   ? You're scared of revealing something while asking own questions ?

Simple, who outside of the ICs would you most prefer for your scumteam?  The least?  Why?
Hard question,i don't know people playing enough to say who would be good scum, but i guess someone who plays with a bit of thinking ahead would be nice since i prefer to ask questions first and think later which would make me a bit easier to read probably. Least desirable would be a scum-partner who would try to dig the identity of cop relentlessly, it would surely lead scum failure. Uh, this answer is bit general but it's really hard to judge who would be good scum in the long run from few words.

@twiggie: I would not be scared of accusations, as I would not jump on the band wagon without good evidence against the person being voted.
And what would be evidence good enough for you ? Describe something that would earn your vote right away.

Damn ninjas ! (9 replies) Meh i'll post now anyway :P

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 21, 2011, 05:52:21 pm »

ah, right. well no i said it like that because i had to double check that he wasn't actually voteable.

and no i use smilies all the time...
Alright, fair enough. In case you're curious, the conversation went something like this in my head:

Irony: So, what do you think of chocolate?
Twiggie: I think chocolate is a cocoa-based confectionary prohibited by numerous sections of the Anti-Sweets Amendment. So, it'd be illegal for me to have any.
Irony: You sound nervous.
Twiggie: What? No, this data is fully available at any National Nutritional Regulations office. *smiles nervously at Irony*
Irony: Reeaaaallly nervous.

But then, turns out you had a reason (or excuse) to have been reading up on it. Strictly speaking I could ask why you needed to read up on whether you could vote someone who was confirmed scum, but I don't really get the sense that that's quite the case, so it's time to move on.

I hope this has been an informative lesson on less concrete scumhunting (and/or wriggling out of such).

ironyowl: what does it matter what i think of lordnincompoop when i can't vote for him anyway?
I hope the aforementioned explains it- I figured asking you about someone the scumteam would know much more about/have a connection to than the town might yield interesting results.

no, it was actually more of a condescending thing, though i hate to admit it

Don't be condescending to the ICs.  I don't know about IronyOwl, but I know that I personally only have so much temper, and it runs out a lot faster with needless provocation.
I lack Vector's temper, so no particular worries there. Being snarky to ICs is usually not wise regardless, however, because they usually know what they're doing moreso than you. In this case, for instance, not only did I have a fairly good reason to ask you about it, your attempt at being condescending made you seem scummy.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 21, 2011, 05:57:06 pm »

Don't be condescending to the ICs.  I don't know about IronyOwl, but I know that I personally only have so much temper, and it runs out a lot faster with needless provocation.

yeah sorry. its something im trying to work on irl too.

ultravalcian, i notice you havent posted yet. if you were scum, who would you want to NK and why?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 21, 2011, 05:58:00 pm »

Thanks, Simple.  Unvote.

JC6036.

yeah sorry. its something im trying to work on irl too.

Good man.  Thanks for this nice answer.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 21, 2011, 05:59:20 pm »

@vector: I was ninjad when I posted my Q to bd. I am still waiting on some one suspicious enough for another scumpick. I am still checking people out. Heres a vote right now, actually. Twiggie

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 21, 2011, 06:01:46 pm »

@vector: I was ninjad when I posted my Q to bd. I am still waiting on some one suspicious enough for another scumpick. I am still checking people out. Heres a vote right now, actually. Twiggie

I would like to know your opinion.  You don't need to have a solid one.  Just an idea.  It sounds right now like you're letting other people dig dirt for you and jumping on it.  What are you going to do now that IronyOwl has relented?  Do you have a vein of reasoning to pursue?

Never let someone else's opinions on who is scum and who is not turn your head.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 21, 2011, 06:02:12 pm »

jc If I was scum I probally would, since killing your scum partner is a viable tactic when its getting close to the end of the game.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 21, 2011, 06:02:48 pm »

JC what is your reasoning for voting for me? i find it suspicious that you suddenly end your post with an unexplained vote for me.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 21, 2011, 06:03:26 pm »

@vector: ultravalcian hasnt posted yet either, so he might as well be my second scumpick. Also, I cannot type very fast, so I get ninjaed nearly every time I post.

Simple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 21, 2011, 06:05:14 pm »

Twiggie are you perhaps going to start asking questions that will help town?

Jc6036 I honestly doubt that using smilies will make him seem more like town.

Billybob what role would you rather have in the game, cop or doctor?
Let's see : Statement with no available response,another statement,obvious rolefishing....
Yeah, Bdthemag you should start asking valid question or admit you're scum. What's the purpose of asking questions in your opinion ? And it's not rhetorical question.

Thanks, Simple.  Unvote.

JC6036.

I guess IC should have a bit of freedom but shouldn't there be at least one explaination/question/invective behind that vote ?

Heh,same question here. Unless that's okay...

jc If I was scum I probally would, since killing your scum partner is a viable tactic when its getting close to the end of the game.
I guess 4/1 town/scum ratio is not an end game but i could be wrong ( or i misunderstood the question ). And what scum tactic you expect right now ?

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 21, 2011, 06:10:04 pm »

@twiggie: you opted for a vote right off the bat, and it *appeared* that you were trying to lower tension with smileys in order to get us off your back, making you, in my mind at least, one of the more suspicious people here. Also, ultra hasnt posted yet, and Im beginning to wonder if hes waiting for exactly the right moment to jump in and wreck our reasoning. @vector: thats why I scumpicked those two.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 21, 2011, 06:17:11 pm »

Simple Oh excuse me, I thought this was the RVS stage where you randomly vote people and compare their responses with others to see who is scum.

Jc Scum tactics right now? I would assume the scum would be trying to look town, and viciously questioning eachother to make it seem they are in no way related.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Welcome to Reality.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 21, 2011, 06:17:11 pm »

@simple: as for your question about what scum would do this early on? Probably try to turn multipule people against each other, all the while keeping townies off their backs. My vote for Twiggie is explained above.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 21, 2011, 06:18:06 pm »

Whoops, the JC part was a typo. I forgot simple asked the second question, not JC.
Welcome to Reality.

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 21, 2011, 06:19:43 pm »

Warning - while you were typing 7 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.
Warning - while you were typing 5 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.
Warning - while you were typing 9 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.
Warning - while you were typing 3 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.

This game isn't exactly slow, is it? (i actually get a bizarre thrill out of seeing that message.)

billybobfred, what do you think we'll learn from the NK?
Exactly what we learn would depend on what happens during the day, but depending on who they had previously interacted with and the nature of the interactions, it would give us a place to start investigating. Or continue investigating, if you're not me and therefore are not entirely awful at day 1.

Billybob what role would you rather have in the game, cop or doctor?
Cop. All the way.

A mafiascum essay says that it's best to investigate someone who can lead town if they're cleared. (i'm oversimplifying, but the actual essay is right there)

There is no equivalent "how to doctor" essay (that I could find, anyway), but I'd guess they want to protect those who not only look towny, but also look like a good target for scum to kill. That is a little harder to work out! And wine logic comes into it too.

So, yeah, cop, because it's easier and I'm lazy.

So you say we should give up trying and just lynch random person ?
Of course not, we'll learn even less that way.
is what i would have said before Vector came in and pointed out that day 1 is super important and can effect the whole game. I'm assuming he knows what he's talking about.

What I'm saying after the fact is still "no that is even worse", but without the undertone of "day 1 sucks and is useless anyway".

if you don't ask questions during RVS, you're not helping the game move forward
So on this note, I may as well try something that isn't completely pointless.

Questions!
scriver: If you're a cop and (somehow) know the mafia have exactly one power role, would you rather it be godfather or roleblocker?
Twiggie: If you're a roleblocker and (somehow) know the town have exactly one power role, would you rather it be doctor or cop?
Simple: You're a cop. Three people left. An innocent read on both. Therefore, one of them has to be a godfather. One is attacking the other, the other is attacking you. What do?

I was going to ask everyone a question, but I could only come up with three. Oh well maybe with moar caffeine I can ask the rest of you some things.
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 49