Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 49

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XXV 4/7, 3/3 - Evening 2 - A Pillar of Light - GAME OVER  (Read 77144 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXV 7/7, 3/3 - D1 - Back to the Killing
« Reply #375 on: August 02, 2011, 04:30:40 pm »

Vector is hard to read due to her experience, but her aggressive, matter-of-fact playstyle hints that she is town.
Except that she's only started being aggressive and matter-of-factly once called out by me. Would you consider her old play to be as aggressive?

To answer your other question, I would not to be bothered so much if someone were to found a Flandre-haters' club and recruit several members. There would be no benefit in getting angry, or nervous about it if all I needed to do to defend myself was to speak truthfully. One of the mafia would naturally want to hop aboard, so the situation could even be to my advantage and to the benefit of the town if I were to challenge my attackers.
Why only one of the mafia? Why not both? Why would you assume the mafia would bother themselves with bandwagoning when they KNOW that bandwagoning is a scumtell and would therefore avoid it?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: August 02, 2011, 04:31:13 pm »

Also, want a vote count before the Day ends. No surprise No Lynches please.

Simple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: August 02, 2011, 04:35:25 pm »

-snip-
You just quoted whole vector post, just to say : "this" ? ...

Simple/Urist: Who are the three players you would like to see lynched?
Right now from most lynch worthy to least : bdthemag,urist,vector.

And yeah votecount could be useful.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: August 02, 2011, 04:57:38 pm »

Vector is hard to read due to her experience, but her aggressive, matter-of-fact playstyle hints that she is town.
Except that she's only started being aggressive and matter-of-factly once called out by me. Would you consider her old play to be as aggressive?

To answer your other question, I would not to be bothered so much if someone were to found a Flandre-haters' club and recruit several members. There would be no benefit in getting angry, or nervous about it if all I needed to do to defend myself was to speak truthfully. One of the mafia would naturally want to hop aboard, so the situation could even be to my advantage and to the benefit of the town if I were to challenge my attackers.
Why only one of the mafia? Why not both? Why would you assume the mafia would bother themselves with bandwagoning when they KNOW that bandwagoning is a scumtell and would therefore avoid it?

Vector has become more aggressive since you have joined, but I am not sure if those two events are related such as you think.
I'm here.  Sorry for all the crap.  My life sort of shook itself up.

I'm not scum, by the way, and from now on I intend to prove it.  Don't copy me, guys.  I've been playing dreadfully.

Rereading now.
From what I have gathered, this was where she became aggressive.

And yes, both or none of the mafia might join the Flandre-haters' club instead of just the one. I like to think my chances of catching scum increases if one were to attack me, but that is just an assumption.

No vote.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: August 02, 2011, 05:00:20 pm »

Last-second Votecount:

Votecount

Bdthemag[2]: billybobfred, Simple
jc6036[2]:  Bdthemag, Urist Mcinternetuser
billybobfred[2]: IronyOwl, Vector
Vector[1]: webadict

Not Voting: Flandre, jc6036

The day will end in 2 1/2 hours. You need 3 people to Extend and 5 to Shorten.

If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: August 02, 2011, 05:02:39 pm »

REMINDER: If there is a tie in 2 1/2 hours, the day will end with no lynch.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.

Urist Mcinternetuser

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthulhu, the scariest Forgotten Beast of all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: August 02, 2011, 05:28:14 pm »

@Simple What exactly am I doing that makes me so lynch worthy?

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: August 02, 2011, 05:34:39 pm »

And yes, both or none of the mafia might join the Flandre-haters' club instead of just the one. I like to think my chances of catching scum increases if one were to attack me, but that is just an assumption.
I meant several people, as in a bandwagon.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: August 02, 2011, 05:54:22 pm »

Are we ready for day end? I don't think we're ready for day end. Extend, at least until we get this sorted out.

Every vote is now a lynch vote. I want full cases from EVERYONE on why such and such has your vote.

This includes anyone who might not be voting, as they'd best have a reason for leaving the decision up to everyone else.

Urist, try to trim irrelevant parts from quotes in the future. Also, why did you quote Vector at all? Was she the one who convinced you Bd was scummy?

billybob, you're still focusing exclusively on Bdthemag. While it's true that he isn't answering your question, it's also true that you're not scumhunting anyone except him. What are your reads on everyone in the game?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: August 02, 2011, 06:25:07 pm »

Well dang it.

Bdthemag. I don't want to lynch you, but you're "scummiest" and no ties by me.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: August 02, 2011, 06:25:25 pm »

Also, Extend.

Urist Mcinternetuser

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthulhu, the scariest Forgotten Beast of all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: August 02, 2011, 06:33:29 pm »

@IronyOwl Sorry, I should have trimmed it. It wasn't just her, bd's always been overly defensive, and his defense doesn't always seem to make sense. If it comes down to a tie, I'll vote him, but I also think jc should be lynched.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: August 02, 2011, 06:44:41 pm »

Im also going to have to ask for an Extend. This is one hell of a long D1.

Jc if you think your read was wrong, then why aren't you questioning me to get a better read?

Vector I don't purposely miss out on questions, trust me. Its mainly that I sometimes speed read through some of the more wall of text questions, and may miss something.

Urist Yes, I sometimes procrastinate the whole posting in the game, but lurking isn't neccesarley a mafia tell. What you call my "Overly defensive aggresive", is how I compensate for my terrible scumhunting. I still need to work on asking questions and whatnot.

To clarify why I have my vote on JC. First of, he say's he has a read on me and takes his vote off. And then when more people start voting me he goes, "Oh wait wrong read." which to me would be an excuse for bandwagoning if he actually does vote me. He used the whole noob mistake excuse early in the game, up until people started getting suspicious of him because of that.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: August 02, 2011, 06:50:01 pm »

The day has been extended to Thursday, 5:00 PM.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: August 02, 2011, 06:53:15 pm »

Bdthemag, I said my read may have been wrong. Im not sure of any thing at this point, So I wasnt going to vote anybody. You, urist, and billybobfred seem the scummiest to me, but im not 100% sure your scum. Id rather be sure of scum when lynching than lynching a townie that just looked a little suspicious. Notice that Im not on the bandwagon right now. I could hop on with the case that you never answer questions well, sit on votes, barely ask any questions, and lurk, but I just dont think thats worthy of a lynch. Also, is the day extended yet? I think I saw 3 votes.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 49