Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Stuck  (Read 2816 times)

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting for Elite Liberal values since 2009!
    • View Profile
Stuck
« on: July 19, 2011, 06:09:08 am »

Travel mode stops, I get returned to the normal map, with a message that "I feel uneasy". I'm standing in a dried out pool and can't get out. Travelling doesn't work either (You don't feel safe enough blah blah). HELP!

EDIT: Nevermind. Sneak + travel worked for some reason. However, I'd like to know what caused this and how is one supposed to escape pits anyway.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 06:12:51 am by Kay12 »
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!
LCS in SourceForge - LCS Wiki - Forum thread for 4.04

RAKninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware his deadly fusion cannon!
    • View Profile
Re: Stuck
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2011, 06:31:32 am »

bad luck.  you were ambushed, likely by a big cat, like a lion.  you had the bad luck of popping out of fast travel inside of a murky pool.  at least it was dry, for if it had water, i dont think you could have fast travelled out.
Goblin Fortress (NOW UPDATED FOR 34.02!
magma on his bed when he is sleeping, works every time

Dwarf Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • T' bread wi't edge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2011, 07:17:57 am »

Alt+direction also tends to help in those situations. It gives you all your possible movement options, including ones not available to you through just pressing a direction. It lets you climb or drop a z-level, get into water to swim and if you're playing as a race that can fly (requires modding) you can also fly up or down a z-level.

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2011, 07:54:08 am »

bad luck.  you were ambushed, likely by a big cat, like a lion.  you had the bad luck of popping out of fast travel inside of a murky pool.  at least it was dry, for if it had water, i dont think you could have fast travelled out.

Actually, I think water would've been better because

Alt+direction also tends to help in those situations. It gives you all your possible movement options, including ones not available to you through just pressing a direction. It lets you climb or drop a z-level, get into water to swim and if you're playing as a race that can fly (requires modding) you can also fly up or down a z-level.

this has worked previously for escaping water but didn't help with the dry pool.
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!

UristMcHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2011, 01:08:11 pm »

I've had this happened to me when I was ambushed in a dry tropics area. I wound up in a dry pool and I couldn't get out. So I 'gave in to starvation' and tried again.

RAKninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2011, 02:21:56 pm »

i've never been able to alt-move out of a murky pool, only a river.

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2011, 02:28:14 pm »

Annoying bug, this one. Unless Toady implements climbing.

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2011, 09:03:21 pm »

this has worked previously for escaping water but didn't help with the dry pool.

You can't climb out of pools unless you have at least novice in swimming, anything less and you'll just drown.
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

RAKninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2011, 10:34:50 pm »

You can't climb out of pools unless you have at least novice in swimming, anything less and you'll just drown.

skilled swimmer.  only could climb out of rivers, never pools.  and not every river, either.

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2011, 11:51:50 pm »

The pool was dry, and I had swimming. There should be a way to escape dry pools as well, or alternatively, the bug that causes one to end up in those should be fixed.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2011, 04:20:30 am »

Well, if you can get a visual on the enemy(ies) then you can throw mud at them until they die.

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2011, 04:31:58 am »

I couldn't. Luckily it wandered away. I'd still prefer this not to happen though...

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2011, 04:36:47 am »

Well, if you are really dedicated on this not happening again you can just avoid tropical areas altogether.

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2011, 04:40:07 am »

Or then I'll just lay off adventure mode until it's fixed...

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2011, 04:42:11 am »

Or then I'll just lay off adventure mode until it's fixed...
Well, if you have an army of soldiers following you then there's a hefty chance of some of them spawning on ground level, hopefully winning against whatever ambushed you.

I mean really, just that single bug which has several potential ways to be resolved isn't worth laying off adventure mode.
Pages: [1] 2