Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: Lords of Uberdark - 3D Voxel Based Mining/Building Game *+DORFS!* - 0.35 is up  (Read 27559 times)

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile

This looks really interesting. I saw the trailer last night. Did anyone else get reminded of Magic Carpet?
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The building part seems kinda wonky and slow.

The landscape does look organic, though. I guess the creator will figure something out about the building.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile

This is basically what I want in a voxel game. The ability to make natural non cube shapes.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile

It didn't say it had to be multiplayer, though.

I did assume multiplayer based on the "team-based" comment, but I know I'd like it better if it was single player.

Alluvian_Est-Endrati

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENGRAVERY:MISGUIDED]
    • View Profile

A very nifty looking demonstration in that video. I hope the Kickstarter goal can be reached.
"I’m going to keep bloody gambling! Bloody, bloody gambling and drinking! Where’s my bloody drink? Anyone want to gamble for it?”

Send in the Clowns: &.&

Xinvoker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It didn't say it had to be multiplayer, though.

I did assume multiplayer based on the "team-based" comment, but I know I'd like it better if it was single player.

He now has has twitter account, and he tweeted this:

Spent last night resolving a bunch of problems with the fluid dynamics... Single player Alpha will be out August 10th-ish... Hopefully...

To me, that sounds the final goal is multiplayer.

First post updated to mention the twitter account.

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile

ill make a note about this; august 10. wake up at 12:00 am spam refresh twitter account. get game.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE CATS

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

That is in ~20 days or so. Woo!
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Audioworm333

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: weirdness]
    • View Profile

OHBOYOHBOYOHBOYOHBOYOHBOYOHBOY
I can hardly wait for this awesome game.
I didn't really understand why I died until I discovered I was teleporting my own spine into my enemies' body as a primary way of attack.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

You don't have a witty tag, but you have a funnyish avatar.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Xinvoker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There is an update on the kickstarter page showcasing some character sprites and what they are used for. I'm a bit puzzled as to how he plans to combine first person view with RTS mechanics.

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'd pledge, but Amazon payments won't accept my billing address for an unspecified reason. It's like some stupid asshole wrote their registration form. There's no hints as to what's wrong, I'm apparently just supposed to guess what their idiotic system finds wrong with the same data that I entered on other sites without issue.

</rage>

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile

Heh, I was about to post a thread about this.  Please donate folks :)
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

lastverb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This game is not voxel. It may use voxel-like representation in memory, but that's not voxel graphics
This is basically what I want in a voxel game. The ability to make natural non cube shapes.
Then it's not voxel u are looking for. Voxel is basically predefined 3d shape like cubes, spheres and so on.

Eavan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This game is not voxel. It may use voxel-like representation in memory, but that's not voxel graphics
Then it's not voxel u are looking for. Voxel is basically predefined 3d shape like cubes, spheres and so on.

That's like saying that once you smooth out or blur some sort of bitmap, you're no longer using pixels. Voxels can be rendered however one likes.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9