Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 98

Author Topic: Diablo 3  (Read 110858 times)

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Diablo 3
« Reply #1335 on: September 10, 2012, 05:49:27 pm »

I'm really really enjoying it, I made the gold spent on my MF gear after one run with it on. Sold something for 4.5m. Now I'll keep farming money and look to start selling on the RMAH once I can farm Act 3

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: September 10, 2012, 06:25:05 pm »

I'll probably give this another crack as well. After all the buffs I'll have another go at my chain gang DH. It's now at 90% (x4, so 360% for most shots), with some cold, lightning or arcane on my weapon and high crit it might be fun. Mega slow death, with maybe some debuffs/mini-AoE, just the mobs will go down in lumps rather than one at a time. I'll see how some other CC stacks on it, even more-so once the CC changes in 1.05 come through.

While I'm not leveled enough to do it yet (I got bored of D3 pretty early), how do people think this would work?

Entangling Shot w/ Chain Gang
Elemental Arrow w/ Ball Lightning
Vault w/ something
Caltrops w/ Jagged Spikes or Bait the Trap
SS w/ something
Another dps'y

Tankish build with plenty of LoH and crit, a bit of movement/escape options and enough stackable dps to hopefully burn down mobs. Chain gang them a couple of times (should slow most of the mob), E.Arrow should pull multihits on slowed mobs, escapes of smoke screen and vault. Caltrops would be used with J.Spikes for tanking situations (stack them and hope) or as a preboost for extra crit. A bit of cold or silencing might be handy on the main weapon to make life easier (cold wont stack with entangling, but crits freeze and e.arrow needs something extra). Chaingang is very easy to mouse-lock faster targets/teleporters as well.

Any ideas for the last skill?
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 07:42:02 pm by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: September 10, 2012, 09:21:43 pm »

Anyway, I'll probably go for Preperation as my last skill, runed for life gain. Or something. Discipline is always in short supply. If only there was discipline on hit..........

On the 3 outside skills, probably %damage, life gain and something else. Maybe good traps or more damage or crit.

I'm pretty sure Caltrops w/ Bait the Trap doesn't stack crit, but a 10% boost is good anyway (equals an expensive extra gear slot with a definite slow escape, which equals good), but it'd be worth trying 5 of them in a stack and see if it applies to team mates at all. Still, if you can tank your build enough, or stack CC, you've got an AoE cleave style attack ( except you'll hit them behind you as well) with heaps of crit and +crit damage as your hatred generator, an AoE with multi-hit as your hatred dump, a cheap %crit pre-booster, a movement escape (vault) and a targeting escape (no aggro, target another). Stack LoH for 80% on 4-shot Chaingang and whatever% on Ball Lightning. Ranged, but might be able to tank with the right stat build. Slows and either freezes, silences, knocks back (with Windforce) or mini-lightning extra AoE's with Chaingang. Should work nicely, just pop preparation when needed for escapes/non-targeting. Bring a friend or a follower. Serves them right :)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 09:24:42 pm by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

jimmycarry

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: September 11, 2012, 03:27:04 am »

One of the game that i really want t o play. But haven't get it yet. I have played it one or two times at mine friends home. We both enjoyed it so much.... I'm planning to buy it soon............

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: September 11, 2012, 06:06:57 am »

Well, turns out that build works pretty well. Fair enough it's on normal, therefore anything would work, but the sheer amount of ball lightning spam you can spooge out is pretty amazing. Did they change the hatred costs in 1.04? I'm not sure if chaingang is needed all that much, but it's been handy so far. Slow is good, I hope I get cold and slow soon. I took the bat companion instead of smoke screen, just so resources aren't a problem. Dodging damage isn't really a problem where I'm up to. Ratling roll on vault (for safe vault landings) and I'll eventually get something nice on preparation (Imax discipline for now).

I'll give it a go on my mates max level account this weekend. Might even hand-crossbow and shield it, just to see if actual tanking is a possibility. Otherwise I'll just be wasting heaps of gold on things that I'll eventually dump on my monk, so no big problem either way. So far I've pretty much played it just like a barbarian, just one that can shoot as well.
It's a game. Have fun.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: September 11, 2012, 02:28:00 pm »

There *is* discipline on hit... kind of. Night Stalker passive has a chance to give 1 disc/crit. Also, multishot/suppressing fire gives disc per target hit. You could also go for broke and take prep with the rune that restores all hatred, and use the hatred for suppressing fire to restore all disc. It's boffo laughs!

(seriously, don't do that. It's not nearly as fun as it sounds.)
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: September 11, 2012, 10:57:32 pm »

Yeah. I'm not so sure my sword'n'board (well, h.crossbow'n' board) idea is going to work to well really. If I totally tank the gear I'll be short of some DPS, even with lightning bombs o' doom as my pseudo-H2H attack.

I forgot how low a level all my toons are. I've played on a few friends accounts and sort of went "haven't I seen this crap before?" on my own account. Plus, lazy barb right-click-hold frenzy runs sort of showed me how bad my DH is at tanking normal anyway. Still...... I'm going to try it for giggles. Maybe level/difficulty the barb first, then dump all it's gear barring the hand-xbow on my DH.

I'll tell you how it works out.

note: don't fight diablo (normal) when drunk with a DH. Your reaction times suffer immensely, not to mention your "just hit every button and jiggle the mouse around" skills. I think it'll work with a barb fine though unfortunately :)
It's a game. Have fun.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: September 12, 2012, 01:31:31 pm »

I don't even remember what you have access to in normal, as I pretty much got everyone through it before I settled on what i wanted to keep playing.

I do know that grenades and chakram are what you have access to w/o using a bow. That leaves vault/action shot for movement and damage (if it works without a bow), or perhaps strafe. Fan of knives and caltrops for snares...

Regardless, due to how shield block works (it applies after all your other mitigation, like armor and resists) and DH's inherent defense boosting abilities (they have none) you might be better off trying for a +dex socketed quiver or dual-wielding just to get more dodge. The problem will be discipline totals for smoke screen or vaults, but grenades have a higher than average hatred gen, so exploding trap spam could help.

For what it's worth, I recall reading that grenades are something devs really wanted to buff, but nothing solid came up before the last patch, so maybe next round.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: September 12, 2012, 07:02:29 pm »

I think it was a boost to tinker hatred generation and the standard damage buff that everything got. Anyway, I'm all good and sober today, so Diablo won't be a problem. Actually got him down to the last stage at 500dps, now I'm at 700dps after some gear fiddling, which I still failed at (even worse) after the drinks, so he'll be easy sober.

But yeah, the tanking DH idea is probably a no-go, but I'll still try it later for laughs. Up around end of hell, early inferno though, when I've got gear to dump and there's a progress wall anyway.

Did all gems get the new name colouring in 1.04, or just the top of the line ones? My normal gems are all still white.
It's a game. Have fun.

pilgrimboy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: September 21, 2012, 07:31:32 am »

Almost turns me into a hater.

Today a six-socketed plan fell. I was happy. About two minutes later, I was disconnected. Upon reconnect, I had lost all the loot I had collected in the previous five minutes or so, including my six-socketed plan. Frustrating. Losing loot. How does that happen? Ridiculous.
Regular writer at a totally non-related Christian blog, Pulling Weeds Out Of Potholes

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: September 21, 2012, 10:28:50 am »

It was pirate loot. DRM is working as intented.

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: September 21, 2012, 03:59:03 pm »

Almost turns me into a hater.

Today a six-socketed plan fell. I was happy. About two minutes later, I was disconnected. Upon reconnect, I had lost all the loot I had collected in the previous five minutes or so, including my six-socketed plan. Frustrating. Losing loot. How does that happen? Ridiculous.

Well, that's the kind of bullshit you have to put up with when you don't have a proper singleplayer in a game. Play Torchlight 2. It's a better game anyway.

pilgrimboy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: September 21, 2012, 04:10:15 pm »

Can I make $280 playing Torchlight 2?
Regular writer at a totally non-related Christian blog, Pulling Weeds Out Of Potholes

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: September 21, 2012, 10:04:08 pm »

No, but you can have fun :P

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: September 22, 2012, 05:14:51 am »

I don't see how that's relevant. I said it's a better game, not a better money-making tool. If your goal is to make money, I suspect D3 is a highly inefficient way of doing that.
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 98