Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 98

Author Topic: Diablo 3  (Read 110890 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Diablo 3
« Reply #1245 on: August 22, 2012, 01:04:53 pm »

Fifty shades of Deckard Cain.

"Stay a while, and Glisten"

It's times like these that I wish a device existed that would allow you to punch people in the face over the internet.

Actually within that context Glisten does make sense.

Afterall you do glisten information.

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: August 22, 2012, 02:22:45 pm »

I think you're thinking of the word "glean". To glean is to gather something in small pieces, e.g information, or to gather corn left behind by reapers.

Glistening is just a sort of shine.
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: August 23, 2012, 07:46:31 am »

Started playing again yesterday to try the new patch out. Definitely noticed better gear dropping in Act I. Got a legendary shield yesterday, unfortunately low block chance but decent everything else I suppose, see link below:

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Briggsy-2529/hero/31136

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: August 23, 2012, 09:48:47 am »

Jay Wilson also says sowwy for being a douche.

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/diablo-iii/1225836p1.html
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: August 23, 2012, 10:00:47 am »

WTF is diablo 3? there is no such thing as D3... let that rip-off die....
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

toomanysecrets

• Bay Watcher
  • Jackpot.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: August 23, 2012, 10:16:27 am »

I played the patch for about 5 minutes then I thought...WTF am I doing this game sucks and will always suck no matter what.

Saw Jay's apology. What a friggin windbag. In that post he just kept going on and on about god knows what. Way way over the top how he tried to say that DII helped him bond with his father and he said "the idea of a world without more Diablo seemed like a pretty crappy world to me"   ?????    Pretentious maudlin garbage.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: August 23, 2012, 02:03:35 pm »

100 more bars to grind to make you feel better about the game having no end game.

If I wanted to watch bars with very little meaning fill, I'd play Progress Quest.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: August 23, 2012, 02:32:32 pm »

100 more bars to grind to make you feel better about the game having no end game.

If I wanted to watch bars with very little meaning fill, I'd play Progress Quest.

Well, the stat bonuses do a little bit to balance out gear and could be considered "worth it."

Until the value of those leveled stats is completely eclipsed by a single drop.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: August 23, 2012, 02:51:00 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: August 23, 2012, 03:16:04 pm »

Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wont let me Dream, I wont let you sleep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: August 23, 2012, 04:17:36 pm »

I played a little bit of the patch yesterday, It seemed like worse loot dropped in act 1 for me.  Got mainly lvl 55 - 58 stuff, and 1 lvl 61 item, when it used to be mainly lvl 58-61.
but the game got much easier, as they buffed 3 of the 5 skills I use, like.. super buffed them when they didn't need to.
I was having trouble with act I inferno before the patch, but now I was able to do the second half of act I in one run, didn't use any potions and didn't die once, and was able to kill the Butcher in record time, faster than I killed him on any other difficulty.
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't

My milkshake brings all the criminals to justice.

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: August 23, 2012, 04:21:06 pm »

I really don't get the hate against Diablo 3. Can anyone say something specific changes that would make the game better? (always online doesn't count and it really doesn't matter much)

I think they've done a pretty good job on making a sequel to Diablo 2 that is not just a graphics update, they openly admit that it isn't where they want it to be and keep actively (and for free) updating it to better suit to the people playing it. Still people just pile on them and go "Hurrur diabol 3 so bad". This is a HUGE company and they are actually listening to you and you just keep on stomping them?

I just don't get it. What did you want Diablo 3 to be if this is so absolutely horrible?

Saw Jay's apology. What a friggin windbag. In that post he just kept going on and on about god knows what. Way way over the top how he tried to say that DII helped him bond with his father and he said "the idea of a world without more Diablo seemed like a pretty crappy world to me"   ?????    Pretentious maudlin garbage.

Also, this. Jay Wilson is a person like any other and I think that apology felt honest. He is also clearly really invested in making the game as good as he can, so your comment seems pretty unfair. What kind of apology would've you liked? At least he gave one.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 04:29:39 pm by LASD »

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: August 23, 2012, 04:28:42 pm »

The diablo series is made to not have a auction house,
If there was never an auction house, and if you could make / join games like the lobby system in Diablo 2, and inferno mode wasn't such a insane difficulty gap, then it would be a much better game.
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: August 23, 2012, 04:37:32 pm »

The diablo series is made to not have a auction house,
If there was never an auction house, and if you could make / join games like the lobby system in Diablo 2, and inferno mode wasn't such a insane difficulty gap, then it would be a much better game.

I much prefer letting the game sell my loot for me, hunting for trades in a server browser or setting trades up on a forum takes way too much time to be much fun at all. Especially for something like gems when you can just grab those off the AH instantly. I didn't trade anything at all in Diablo 2 because it was too much of a hassle, now I can do it incredibly easily.

Would it be better if the game ended in Hell? Or that you would steadily climb through Inferno like the all other difficulties, so that there would never be anything that is actually hard in the game? Doesn't sound like that much fun.

Also, how is Diablo not made to have an auction house? Is that just your idea of the series or are there some references to that claim?

I'll give you the lobby system though, you can't gather players to do a certain thing easily through Diablo 3, especially trading or something not questing-related.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 04:41:45 pm by LASD »

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: August 23, 2012, 04:42:43 pm »

well in my mind gems aren't supposed to be so easy to get, as to just be able to buy them off AH like you do now, also they drop way too frequent in D3.
But yeah, the majority of the fun factor in D3 was killing things and seeing good loot drop, if you can just buy gear in the AH, you'll never have anything good for you drop, as you'll already be armed to the teeth from the AH.

Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 98