Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 98

Author Topic: Diablo 3  (Read 110899 times)

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Diablo 3
« Reply #1230 on: July 26, 2012, 06:20:52 pm »

Wouldn't potions be herbs and stuff, so chemical, rather than magical?

I'd love to see the herbs/chemicals that can take you from nearly dead to perfectly healthy instantly:D

FTFY

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: August 09, 2012, 06:09:54 am »

Oooh, Blizzard added a cool thing to the site. Profiles that show off your characters really well.

Here's my Witch Doctor Enduku, who is way way farther along than any other character I have.

Aaand here's the "no-magic" Barbarian, Spartacus!

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: August 09, 2012, 12:46:10 pm »

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Kael-1368/hero/4281034

That's what my wizard cleared inferno with.

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: August 09, 2012, 02:29:12 pm »

Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #1234 on: August 09, 2012, 02:33:58 pm »

yea, neither your weapon not your attacks actually deal any cold damage
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: August 09, 2012, 03:05:52 pm »

Coldblooded was bugged from the start to give +20% damage to anything affected by frost nova, which is everything all the time.

Free 20% damage boost? yes please.

Also, for some reason it doesn't list true crit chance, which is 49.5% without follower, or 52.5% with Scoundrel.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 03:07:28 pm by KaelGotDwarves »

buckets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: August 12, 2012, 03:26:17 am »

Woah, your barb has Azurewrath. I didn't even know a lore sword would drop, that's so freaking cool man.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #1237 on: August 21, 2012, 02:08:05 pm »

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6368188147

new patch with a lot of user feedback based fixes, and very few nerfs.

Some of my friends are back playing again. I don't know though. Still pretty annoyed with d3.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: August 21, 2012, 02:20:33 pm »

Long and short: add Call of Duty's Prestige Levels to D3, except slightly better. Get a few token stats per Prestige Level, some permanent MF and an ever fancier character portrait border.

Something to do beyond 60 was obviously needed, so this is a good thing I guess. On the other hand, it doesn't really change anything other than stats to balance out the lack of gear drops. The game is still 100% about farming for loot that has no practical use beyond farming more loot. Now they're just a leveling schema to go along with the farming end game.

Better than nothing but it's still not much of a motivator for me to play. The fact skills have never had any sort of open-ended growth has continued to make the end game in D3 seem like a waste of time at worst and a shiny gerbil wheel at best.

And I have to LOL at Jay Wilson. Way to reinforce the BROS and D00DS perception of D3, ya fucking loser.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: August 21, 2012, 04:16:45 pm »

And I have to LOL at Jay Wilson. Way to reinforce the BROS and D00DS perception of D3, ya fucking loser.
I have no idea what "BROS and D00DS" is, but I can't help but totally agree with the sentiment.  He's definitely hurt by people not liking what he did with the game.
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: August 21, 2012, 04:31:46 pm »

For me, I've long had the impression that "Br0s and D00Ds" is who the game was marketed at, based on the ease of access and the flash. Not necessarily the people who played D2 as teenagers and are now adults.

The lack of professionalism (in an admittedly private space) just kind of reinforces that opinion from me. That response is just a reflection of how shallow and honestly shitty I feel like D3 has turned out to be. It's like, if you don't like D3 you're "a loser" because all the cool kids know Blizzard is like, wtf awesome, bro.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: August 21, 2012, 05:07:57 pm »

For me, I've long had the impression that "Br0s and D00Ds" is who the game was marketed at, based on the ease of access and the flash. Not necessarily the people who played D2 as teenagers and are now adults.

The lack of professionalism (in an admittedly private space) just kind of reinforces that opinion from me. That response is just a reflection of how shallow and honestly shitty I feel like D3 has turned out to be. It's like, if you don't like D3 you're "a loser" because all the cool kids know Blizzard is like, wtf awesome, bro.

It is because D3 earns money by people using its market.

"The people who played D2 as teenagers and are now adults" is not the market for D3... it is "Bros and DOODS" the kind of people who would pay a lot of real money for digital things that will be outdated as soon as an expansion hits.

A lot about understanding a game is about understanding the Audiance. It is why I stopped picking on Koei for making the exact same games over and over again with slight alterations or steps backwards, their audiance doesn't WANT a new experience.

In the same way D3 isn't failing. It simply isn't for you because you are not the kind of person who will spend 500 hours on it and spend 50 dollars on items.

Mind you I am pretty disconnected emotionally from D3 mostly because it is an abomination of storytelling especially to those who were invested in the story from the start. With fists so heavy it was like they strapped pigs to them and plot twists so groan inducing that it was like they got it from Fanfiction. Gameplay wise it has boiled down its gameplay so much that something is lost, the ownership of your characters is sort of gone.

So that is why I am not really enraged. The game has sucked out any rage I had and left emptyness with another side of me just laughing at how this all turned out.

Heck D3 probably wins the "Worst videogame story, of games where the story matters, of the year". I mean yeah Mass Effect 3 has a terrible ending (and even then I don't think it is as bad as people say it is) but it wasn't a train wreck from start to finish like D3 was.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 05:14:40 pm by Neonivek »

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #1242 on: August 21, 2012, 07:37:03 pm »

Fifty shades of Deckard Cain.

"Stay a while, and Glisten"
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: August 21, 2012, 07:39:22 pm »

What has been said cannot be unseen.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: August 22, 2012, 01:02:04 pm »

It's times like these that I wish a device existed that would allow you to punch people in the face over the internet.
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 98