Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 98

Author Topic: Diablo 3  (Read 110948 times)

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Diablo 3
« Reply #1140 on: July 11, 2012, 01:19:46 pm »

I'd probably pass on hardcore in an always online game, with significant parts of the game hosted at a remote location.  Too much opportunity to get trolololed by connection failures if you're planning on playing the character for a long time.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #1141 on: July 11, 2012, 01:22:23 pm »

I'd probably pass on hardcore in an always online game, with significant parts of the game hosted at a remote location.  Too much opportunity to get trolololed by connection failures if you're planning on playing the character for a long time.

Yea. I regularly have the game lag out on me, even if the "lag o' meter" is showing full green.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: July 11, 2012, 02:27:46 pm »

Yea. I regularly have the game lag out on me, even if the "lag o' meter" is showing full green.
+1 to both of you.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: July 11, 2012, 02:58:12 pm »

Oh, congrats on the completion btw. My phone doesn't zoom too well, so what were the other non-full orange bars (not being a smartarse here, I haven't played D3 in a bit).
I have spent the least amount of time on Demonhunter and Barbarian, so those are the non-full bars. My friends (and it seems everyone else) have those classes geared for inferno.

As for hardcore, the game is way to laggy/buggy for me to attempt hardcore.

There were quite a few times when the server dropped me due to errors, invisible/unhittable mobs started hitting me, or I died when an elite pack of molten/firechain/plagued whatever were across the screen. Yeah, no thanks.

I'll post my laughably low stats (except for insane crit) later if people are interested.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: July 11, 2012, 04:23:15 pm »

The holy mother wall of text 18,000+ word post on Diablo 3 hate: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4902182415

Diablo is bad
Excitement for it, I had
Now I'm very sad

Personally I think if you spent 500 hours playing a game you dislike, there's something wrong with you.

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: July 11, 2012, 04:27:41 pm »

A few of those complaints look like he was expecting an mmo.  I wonder why.  :P

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: July 11, 2012, 04:54:58 pm »

Eh, I can only see one such complaint, namely the one about pets and mounts. That's not something I ever expected D3 to deliver. Other than that, I agree with pretty much everything he says.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: July 11, 2012, 04:56:08 pm »

Personally I think if you spent 500 hours playing a game you dislike, there's something wrong with you.

League of Legends...
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: July 11, 2012, 05:12:04 pm »

Pft, I've spent nearly as much playing Transformice.

khantin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: July 11, 2012, 05:17:27 pm »

this. is. the. best. thing. ever.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: July 11, 2012, 06:41:22 pm »

this. is. the. best. thing. ever.

Rejoice, another life has been....transformed.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: July 11, 2012, 07:00:40 pm »

The holy mother wall of text 18,000+ word post on Diablo 3 hate: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4902182415

Diablo is bad
Excitement for it, I had
Now I'm very sad

I think he got more than his moneys worth at that point. Jesus.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: July 11, 2012, 07:03:50 pm »

I think I put at least....100? Into it. I think I got my money's worth too. Totally not happy that the game has zero longevity to me, is setting some horrific trends, and really doesn't grab me the way D2 did...but I didn't get ripped off.

edit

Man the few first paragraphs of that....I'm torn between pitying him for being that much of a fanboi and wanting to punch him for blabbering about how he threw his money around and now regrets it.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 07:06:34 pm by nenjin »
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: July 11, 2012, 07:15:27 pm »

You misunderstand. If he didn't like the game, he'd just stop playing it and not even bother talking about it. No, people who complain about a game's flaws actually like the game and care about it. That's why it bothers them that it has flaws. They'd like to see them fixed, they want their beloved game to be as good as it can be. This guy obviously cares a lot, and quite frankly I can see perfectly where he's coming from. D3 is a very good game but it does have some really nasty design faults. His post is a massive wall of text, but I find he's making his point in a calm, rational, and constructive way, and I'm finding it really hard to disagree with him on most points.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 07:20:16 pm by Sordid »

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: July 11, 2012, 07:18:08 pm »

I couldn't get that far. Someone who blew $2k in accessories for a $60 game should have, to me, logically been prepared for the reality that the game isn't what they expected, in a bad way. Really what he's saying is "I went years before I felt this way in D2 (bored.) I feel screwed that I feel that way after only 500 hours and a couple months with D3. Oh and I invested everything of myself in this."
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 98