Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 98

Author Topic: Diablo 3  (Read 110986 times)

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
Re: Diablo 3
« Reply #1065 on: June 28, 2012, 06:07:18 pm »

Spoilers: People making profit off D3 aren't really telling people how to do it, because we're too busy doing it.

I'm not even doing it on a large scale like some people that have 10+ accounts/copies of the game.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: June 28, 2012, 06:39:05 pm »

Oh good. By my basic calculations, I'd need about $12 a day to fulfill the requirements that were listed above (fashion and alcoholism). I've already got a nice suit fortunately, so about a cask of wine a day and 16 hours of diablo 3 should fulfill all my dreams for the future. RMAH, here I come!
It's a game. Have fun.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: June 28, 2012, 07:26:07 pm »

Yep, apparently you don't understand commodities...
If you don't want to continue talking about it, say as much or don't. Trying to brush things aside like this just makes you look juvenile.

You can only go from speculations and theories. Everything is clear as day.
Pick one.

BTW, you wanna see a troll? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZkZ-bUj0rk&feature=youtu.be This is what I call a troll.
This is... interesting, though.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

buckets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: June 28, 2012, 07:26:55 pm »

Can I ask for advice/builds from anyone who has gone through act2 hell as a barb? What sort of dps/armour should I be looking at?

I kind of melt pretty quickly when it comes to enemy champs.

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: June 28, 2012, 07:54:49 pm »

If you don't want to continue talking about it, say as much or don't. Trying to brush things aside like this just makes you look juvenile.
I've already laid it all out and you chose to ignore it.
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: June 28, 2012, 08:45:30 pm »

Can I ask for advice/builds from anyone who has gone through act2 hell as a barb? What sort of dps/armour should I be looking at?

That kinda depends on playstyle, up until hell A4/inferno builds are pretty flexible IIRC.

The standard gear rules apply, str, vit, resistances, block. You can probably afford to drop a bit here and there for damage from crits. More if you use a shield, less if you're dual-wield frenzy/sidearm or whatever. The two +armor passives can go a long way even without a shield. Wrath of the Berserker helps dish out AND take damage, ignore pain with ignorance is bliss gives you a short-ish high-survivability cooldown.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: June 28, 2012, 08:48:31 pm »

I don't think I can help you, but just out of curiosity which ones? Particular combinations or just everything in general?

Also, how are you on getting out of the fire/avoiding lasers/etc?

I've already laid it all out and you chose to ignore it.
I explained why your explanations were nonsense. You chose to handwave my explanations of your explanations aside. That's not how a functional debate works, and it's certainly not how you win arguments.

It's alright to be wrong, you know. It's even possible to be partially wrong or right but unable to explain why (though that latter one's a dangerous assumption, for obvious reasons). You really don't need to do the whole vague defensive no he's not reading MY arguments thing just to save face or whatever.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: June 28, 2012, 08:56:47 pm »

If you haven't realized that this whole game is a money tree yet, there is no point in talking about it further. That's what Andir is telling you. If you want to keep debating or reading about it more just google "diablo 3 rmah" and see what people are thinking. We are not the minority here.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: June 28, 2012, 09:28:56 pm »

If you haven't realized that this whole game is a money tree yet, there is no point in talking about it further. That's what Andir is telling you.
That's not what he said, aside from the handwaving part. He said if I didn't understand basic economics it'd be physically impossible to explain basic economics to me. The fact that you misinterpreted him to be more in line with how you think should probably give you pause, by the way.

In any case, everything I just said to him applies to this bit as well- "If you don't already agree with me there's no point talking about it" just means you're ineloquent or wrong.

If you want to keep debating or reading about it more just google "diablo 3 rmah" and see what people are thinking. We are not the minority here.
Being in the minority has nothing to do with being right, and being in the top google search results has nothing to do with being in the minority. "Other people agree with me" is one of the lowest arguments there is.

(As an aside, I Bing'd that anyway and got mostly guides, not doomsday articles and conspiracy theories. YMMV, of course.)

buckets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: June 28, 2012, 10:20:17 pm »

I don't think I can help you, but just out of curiosity which ones? Particular combinations or just everything in general?

Also, how are you on getting out of the fire/avoiding lasers/etc?

I'm alright at avoiding the avoidables, it mostly the creatures thenselves that are the issue. The last one I fought was fast+lighting+arcane, I could get out of the way of the lasers well enough but I died so much to the mobs themselves that the respawn cooldown was roughly 30 seconds, I also had to do a full repair at some point.

But then another mob of champs before that I destroyed withough dying once.

This is my build, I usualy run in there activate everything and wail on them for as long as possible, using dread spear to heal me when needed.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: June 28, 2012, 10:55:11 pm »

Try replacing dread spear with revenge (provoke rune if possible), it'll be a much more reliable healing source.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: June 29, 2012, 01:52:47 am »

Something I found invaluable on Barbs is to have an escape and a drawer-inner. Leap is a damn handy escape, and ground stomp (w/ its suction rune) as the drawer-inner has worked for me on a mate's account.

In hell, it might work fairly well. It did in act 2 inferno for me as a quick tester. I died a couple of times, but it seemed ok. So much so, that I'm levelling my own barb with that combo. The ground stomp did kill me a couple of times, but it does such good things to cleave damage that I still found it worthwhile. Especially with things in act 2 that were kiting me for the most part.
It's a game. Have fun.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: June 29, 2012, 02:31:49 am »

I like cleave, but I like frenzy/sidearm better. The bonus axe pierces, can target far outside of melee range, and can proc on a single target, so you don't lose efficiency on bosses. I know it's the current cookie cutter, but it's really tops for a reason. I feel naked without it.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: June 29, 2012, 02:52:38 am »

Yeah, definitely want revenge with provocation. How are you guys surviving inferno without it? get 1000+ resist all and high life leech/life on hit and we're talking.

EDIT: And in case you were wondering about low stats, I have more than one account.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 02:55:23 am by KaelGotDwarves »

pilgrimboy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: June 29, 2012, 06:59:58 am »

I just deposited money to start playing rmah. We'll see how this goes. I have a plan.
Regular writer at a totally non-related Christian blog, Pulling Weeds Out Of Potholes
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 98