Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 98

Author Topic: Diablo 3  (Read 111014 times)

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Diablo 3
« Reply #1050 on: June 28, 2012, 08:59:55 am »

I was more referring to... well absence of proof of wide-scale tampering of the game on Blizzard's part. "They could have, so they must have" won't really hold up in court. Deflecting that part with "they're too uneducated about things to understand my argument" ... well it doesn't excuse a complete lack of proof.
I never said they must be... I said they could be... and you'd never know it.
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: June 28, 2012, 09:13:02 am »

I choose to follow my speculations and theories that people on the internet whine a lot, and that said whiners probably aren't the majority who's actually playing the game. And so, the wheel it turns.

Just google "diablo 3 RMAH" man. Read articles and comments. Then see the "majority"

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: June 28, 2012, 09:30:39 am »

I choose to follow my speculations and theories that people on the internet whine a lot, and that said whiners probably aren't the majority who's actually playing the game. And so, the wheel it turns.

Just google "diablo 3 RMAH" man. Read articles and comments. Then see the "majority"
Unless it's just a very vocal minority.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: June 28, 2012, 09:34:51 am »

Never mind. If you are too lazy to do a Google search, nothing will change your mind. There is a reason why the number of D3 players are dropping like flies.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: June 28, 2012, 09:43:05 am »

To be fair, most people don't play Diablo like an MMO.  Stopping playing after you've finished is pretty normal for most games.  I'd bet a ton of people stopped playing at the end of Normal or Nightmare mode and feel perfectly happy about the game.

And those people who bought Diablo and complain about the RMAH don't have a leg to stand on.  Everybody knew that the game was going to have it, so if they hated it so much they really shouldn't have bought the game.  It totally does still suck, but those of us who bought the game really don't have the right to complain about it.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 09:45:26 am by Levi »
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: June 28, 2012, 09:50:11 am »

It totally does still suck, but those of us who bought the game really don't have the right to complain about it.
Mind blown.

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: June 28, 2012, 09:51:47 am »

To be fair, most people don't play Diablo like an MMO.  Stopping playing after you've finished is pretty normal for most games.  I'd bet a ton of people stopped playing at the end of Normal or Nightmare mode and feel perfectly happy about the game.

And those people who bought Diablo and complain about the RMAH don't have a leg to stand on.  Everybody knew that the game was going to have it, so if they hated it so much they really shouldn't have bought the game.  It totally does still suck, but those of us who bought the game really don't have the right to complain about it.
Technicality... you have a right to complain about anything.
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: June 28, 2012, 09:53:12 am »

There are reasons other than the RMAH that would drive people away. The most hardcore people have already beaten the game, and have nothing left to do. The veteran The lack of skill points means fewer character possibilities, which would alienate a lot of the Diablo veterans. There is no real endgame content, either. Or PvP. A lot of players have never played a game like this, and did not like it (it can certainly feel repetitive). I'm not doubting that there is a significant number of people angry about the RMAH situation, but a blanket statement saying/strongly implying "this is why most people stopped playing the game" just sounds like rage to me.

Also, the obligatory xkcd link.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: June 28, 2012, 10:00:38 am »

If I remember right, D2's fanbase just grew despite of it's flaws at the launch.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: June 28, 2012, 10:17:47 am »

So, have we firmly established that those who hate the game won't like the game, and those that like the game won't hate the game?

Can we move on yet?
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1060 on: June 28, 2012, 10:20:02 am »

So, have we firmly established that those who hate the game won't like the game, and those that like the game won't hate the game?

Can we move on yet?
nevah!

/rabblerabble

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: June 28, 2012, 11:17:01 am »

Can we move on yet?
NONSENSE! Some of us have not made up their minds which side of the love/hate relationship we will fall on.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: June 28, 2012, 11:21:39 am »

NOT BEFORE I BRAINWASH YOU ALL!

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: June 28, 2012, 01:10:45 pm »

NOT BEFORE I BRAINWASH YOU ALL!
Oh, my brain is dirty... it needs a good washing.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: June 28, 2012, 06:04:27 pm »

I can't wait for pvp to be released, and the whinging that will happen around it. Especially in relation the the AH and RMAH.

"Oh god, I got ganked again!"

"Don't worry man, he just bought all his gear."

"But my epeen feels slighted!"

"Yeah, but he's just compensating for something he doesn't have. He's probably got a porsche as well."

"But, but, but........ I want a porsche as well. I could get so many hot chicks in a nigma armour. Ummm, I mean porsche."

"I know you could man, I know you could."
---------------------

Out of interest, with all this knowledge about markets and commodities and the value of D3 items in relation to real-world values, surely people could use their skills in an investment sense? The basis of capital gains in a floating market enviornment is speculation. So what do you think a particular weapon will be worth in a weeks time? Buy it cheap, sell it for more. You've got the option of time-based-investment (gold), or previous-investment-leverage (money) to fund the enterprise. Surely such knowledgeable people as yourselves could turn a dollar from something as simple as a computer game? I mean, market speculation has to be easy, especially if it's a Blizzard market. So, why aren't you doing it?

/runs
It's a game. Have fun.
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 98