Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 98

Author Topic: Diablo 3  (Read 111181 times)

pilgrimboy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Diablo 3
« Reply #915 on: June 20, 2012, 05:22:36 pm »

Unbelievable. My barbarian is now unstoppable. Until later I am sure.
Regular writer at a totally non-related Christian blog, Pulling Weeds Out Of Potholes

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #916 on: June 20, 2012, 05:34:39 pm »

I'm sure there are better wizard builds out there, but I have a hard time finding any skill I am willing to trade out.

Wave of force is a great skill for dispersing or destroying packs.

diamond skin is a real lifesaver.

Hydra is a great fire and forget to use while kiting.

force armor is just so useful with either the 35% max damage per hit or the resistance.

spectral blades can attack through walls and has does great damage when you need it most.

And disintegrate is just damn effective.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: June 20, 2012, 05:47:36 pm »

I just use Divide and Teleport with divide to kite non-stop.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: June 21, 2012, 11:52:28 pm »

So today as I was slogging through the chain of arcane-enchanted A1 inferno packs on my barb, I had an epiphany.

The gear I want is what I already have (str, vit, allres, life on hit, block chance) except with bigger numbers. There's no build variety, because you stack defensive skills to live long enough to kill anything. There's no real goal, except to grind out more gold to pay for inflated AH prices set by thousands who flip sensibly priced items into the overpriced mire we have now. I can save myself the time of looking at items, because if it's level 61 or less, it's not worth anything to anyone.

I just don't have the patience for treadmills anymore. And that's all there is here. I've been an optimistic supporter of the game for a long time, but I just CBA to grind more so I can grind more.

But I updated DF and am really enjoying minecarts (Yeah, I'm late. I know)!
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: June 22, 2012, 12:03:27 am »

The gear I want is what I already have (str, vit, allres, life on hit, block chance) except with bigger numbers. There's no build variety, because you stack defensive skills to live long enough to kill anything. There's no real goal, except to grind out more gold to pay for inflated AH prices set by thousands who flip sensibly priced items into the overpriced mire we have now. I can save myself the time of looking at items, because if it's level 61 or less, it's not worth anything to anyone.

I came to this realization in Normal mode but it only really sank in during Hell mode prior to 1.03 when usable drops really dried up. I haven't played since the update, where I guess loot drops way more often now, but I've got another friend buying it so I guess I'll be leveling a 3rd character.

I like the game well enough on lower difficulties (even though the sweet spot of difficulty is really elusive), but like you, I don't have the patience for treadmills, especially the one Blizzard has arranged.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: June 22, 2012, 02:22:59 am »

I would like to dub her...  Hurricane Katrina...

She tanks, spams Tornadoes/Frost Nova and can run away like a little girl in a pinch... 
What to stack:
Critical hit chance (Required)
+Arcane on critical (Required)
life steal/life on hit/regeneration
resistances
vitality

Though, it seems everyone else hits like a brick, while I don't... yea, just started inferno and my Damage stat is at 4000-ish... (730-ish DPS weapon)

(Spectral Blade could be exchanged for something more anti-boss friendly. Astral Presence could probably be changed for something else... perhaps Cold-Blooded, at least for non-boss purposes.)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 02:27:17 am by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: June 22, 2012, 03:00:50 am »

(snip) I guess loot drops way more often now (snip)

I like the game well enough on lower difficulties (even though the sweet spot of difficulty is really elusive), but like you, I don't have the patience for treadmills, especially the one Blizzard has arranged.

Oh I get piles of yellows from killing trash packs. And it's generally piles of the same level 55 shit as before.

I think what lower difficulties have is options. Try a skill and if you don't like it, try another. That dropped off sharply around A4 Hell for me. Now I have sword n' board. As does every other barb. I don't see much alternative though; if the game was easy enough that a wide variety could faceroll it, I'd be bored that it's too easy.

*shrug* Maybe at some point they'll add in meaningful goals for character building? I can hope, right?
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: June 22, 2012, 08:43:49 am »

I'm not saying that you're all wrong. I'm not even saying that the entire world is wrong. You've all got some good points.

But I just bought the game finally. So yeah, it's up to me to prove you're wrong.

(No one can fuck up an isometric action game that badly can they? They perfected this shit in the 90's. Early 2001 at the latest. Sod it. I'll show you all.)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 08:45:56 am by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: June 22, 2012, 08:48:12 am »

It's issues have little to do with the perspective and the action....and more to do with their whole meta goals for the game.

When I compare how epic it was to even reach the highest level of difficulty in D2, because it was so demanding, versus Blizzard making the game about almost nothing besides the highest difficulty.....yeah.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: June 22, 2012, 08:51:22 am »

But because I know how rewarding it was to wander around with a Holy Freeze Pally in D2 Nightmare just popping shit, I'm willing to give it a go.
It's a game. Have fun.

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: June 22, 2012, 08:52:14 am »

I don't think you want to challenge people to bring up the issues with D3 for the jillionth time, because people will.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: June 22, 2012, 08:56:02 am »

Ok, sorry, I didn't realize there was any issue with difficulty levels or the reward from doing them.

I really must have killed off some brain cells recently. Oh well.

What?
It's a game. Have fun.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: June 22, 2012, 08:57:08 am »

In other news, if you buy Diablo 3 digital edition, you can only play the starter edition content for 72 hours while Blizzard confirms you're not a scammer, bot or defrauding someone.

It's a brave new world, wherein you pay full price for a game and still don't get access to all the content until the parent company says so.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: June 22, 2012, 09:08:19 am »

Actually, speaking of which, I haven't actually opened the damn box yet. I can only assume that it comes with a fairly normal amount of Blizzard shite in it.

So if anyone needs a guest pass tomorrow morning, give a holla here. I'll send you mine in about morning+hangover hours. About 12 hours from now.

What goes around comes around. :)
It's a game. Have fun.

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: June 22, 2012, 09:11:43 am »

In other news, if you buy Diablo 3 digital edition, you can only play the starter edition content for 72 hours while Blizzard confirms you're not a scammer, bot or defrauding someone.

It's a brave new world, wherein you pay full price for a game and still don't get access to all the content until the parent company says so.
So they are trying to kill the Diablo franchise...?
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 98