Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 98

Author Topic: Diablo 3  (Read 111197 times)

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
Re: Diablo 3
« Reply #870 on: June 11, 2012, 10:59:28 pm »

Heh, for fun I decided to buy a bunch of life regeneration equipment in the auction house.  I've avoided vitality stats, so I'm running around Act I Inferno with 6000 health and it regenerates completely in about 3-4 seconds.  The only reason I don't get one-shot by everything is because I've got 800 resistances.  :D  I can stand in plague pools and molten trails without getting hurt though, its pretty funny.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: June 12, 2012, 05:04:36 pm »

RMAH is alive. Let's see if I can get dat money.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: June 12, 2012, 05:08:26 pm »

Heh, for fun I decided to buy a bunch of life regeneration equipment in the auction house.  I've avoided vitality stats, so I'm running around Act I Inferno with 6000 health and it regenerates completely in about 3-4 seconds.  The only reason I don't get one-shot by everything is because I've got 800 resistances.  :D  I can stand in plague pools and molten trails without getting hurt though, its pretty funny.
Expect a massive nerf soon then.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #873 on: June 12, 2012, 05:13:59 pm »

Prices are already over $200  and stuff is selling at that price. This could be the end of me playing diablo 3. I will not play if all the good items go to the RMAH and you have to spend hundreds of dollars for level 60 gear to play in inferno.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: June 12, 2012, 05:19:19 pm »

Prices are already over $200  and stuff is selling at that price. This could be the end of me playing diablo 3. I will not play if all the good items go to the RMAH and you have to spend hundreds of dollars for level 60 gear to play in inferno.

So it will level out and mean that grinding for gear is the means again which is what so many people want, unless you're like every other paris hilton out there who throws money at problems instead of work? I mean this in a somewhat joking matter btw.

I got some BIS ish items for my characters, put them up in the 10-20 range let's see if I can at least get the games worth back and then go from there.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: June 12, 2012, 05:20:53 pm »

With the current game balance, it is nearly impossible to operate in act 2 inferno and later without items that can only be found in act 3 inferno or later.

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: June 12, 2012, 05:24:49 pm »

With the current game balance, it is nearly impossible to operate in act 2 inferno and later without items that can only be found in act 3 inferno or later.

Well they did just smooth it out, unless it's still the case. I highly doubt the gold ah is going to be dead for long if it really is at all. Once people start realizing only top class shit is going to be selling down the road once it gets flooded with crap/everyone else gets the same higher classed items, it will go back to the gold AH, because then people would rather sell an item for a chunk of gold and then sell the gold on the AH I'm sure.

Of course this is all new and experimental, it will be an interesting economic/social experiment to see where it goes.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: June 12, 2012, 05:30:53 pm »

Well, at some point, someone had to get to act 3 inferno in the first place. All you gotta do is figure out how they did it.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: June 12, 2012, 05:34:52 pm »

Well, at some point, someone had to get to act 3 inferno in the first place. Al you gotta do is figure out how they did it.

I know a lot of people got through inferno using "exploits" that have been patched. For instance critical mass/diamond skin was patched so that you can't get enough IAS and critical chance to keep it up all the time.

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: June 13, 2012, 03:30:49 am »

http://i45.tinypic.com/34p16qt.jpg

Some people are absolutely crazy.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #881 on: June 13, 2012, 04:38:25 am »

Good old poor impulse control. Or poor monetary managment. Perhaps both.

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: June 13, 2012, 04:49:29 am »

$250 on an item for god sake. What idiots do this?!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #883 on: June 13, 2012, 05:17:54 am »

Who cares? I'm selling all my shit forever.

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: June 13, 2012, 05:52:29 am »

Who cares? I'm selling all my shit forever.
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 98