Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 98

Author Topic: Diablo 3  (Read 111195 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Diablo 3
« Reply #780 on: June 03, 2012, 03:58:12 pm »

I wonder if the refund policy was made clear to these customers prior to purchase. You seem to be saying it wasn't..

Is it ever? Does it really matter?
Yes it matters. If I tell you before you buy a thing that the sale is final and you may not return it, you have made the choice to buy the item knowing that you cannot return it. My policy is clear prior to purchase and you are just being an idiot because you know beforehand what the policy was.

If, however, I hid the fact that my return policy forbids any refunds and you buy it with the expectation of being able to return it, only to find out you cannot, that means I was being dishonest.

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: June 03, 2012, 04:09:37 pm »

Yes it matters. If I tell you before you buy a thing that the sale is final and you may not return it, you have made the choice to buy the item knowing that you cannot return it. My policy is clear prior to purchase and you are just being an idiot because you know beforehand what the policy was.

Except that if the law prohibits you from having a no-refunds policy (which happens to be the case in a lot of countries), then you may not have such a policy in the first place. Then it doesn't matter that the customer agreed to it, the agreement is invalid because the conditions were unlawful.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 04:12:38 pm by Sordid »

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: June 03, 2012, 04:23:59 pm »

If, however, I hid the fact that my return policy forbids any refunds and you buy it with the expectation of being able to return it, only to find out you cannot, that means I was being dishonest.

What sordid said. You can't break the law just because you announce you're going to. And I'd wager they didn't anyway.

FWIW as far as I can see Blizzards store doesn't say you can't refund it, and I clicked through untill it asked for my money. Checking the website for game (one of the major UK video game retailers) there's no mention of no refunds. So it seems perfectly possible to buy the game and then be told after the fact that there's no refunds.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #783 on: June 03, 2012, 04:35:44 pm »

I guess it only matters in countries which don't have laws regarding refunds then.

buckets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: June 03, 2012, 04:55:19 pm »

I've got other people telling me not to bother re-farming for gear, because Inferno is where the actual farming needs to be taking place.

Regardless I think this is mostly me bitching in preparation to go replay the Cathedral in Act 1 solo. ><

There must be a huge jump in difficulty from nightmare to hell, my Barb is in the final act in nightmare and is blazing along happily.

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: June 03, 2012, 05:51:07 pm »

There is ! I just started Hell, and i die way too often. I almost never died in act3 and 4 of nightmare. My biggest problem is the random minibosses with crazy attributes like "fast+jailer+desecrator" or "invulnerable minions+arcane+waller". I started upgrading my gear but it's not making that big a difference. I mean, the regular enemies die easily but those elite/bosses, they dish out so much pain and they can take enough that i always use all my cooldowns without even half killing them. I'll probably have to find which skills allow me best to cope with this crap.

Edit : also it seems that some gear stats, like weapon damage and armor, start spiking around lvl 50, so upgrading frequently becomes more important than before.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 05:57:30 pm by Sirian »

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: June 03, 2012, 08:13:02 pm »

resistance rating is super important in hell.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: June 03, 2012, 08:20:23 pm »

resistance rating is super important in hell.
Moreso than normal, or just as a commonly-neglected defensive stat?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: June 03, 2012, 08:50:11 pm »

ignoring resistance is the number one reason I see people getting pounded in hell.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: June 04, 2012, 12:23:32 am »

Everything hits pretty hard in Hell, even the normal mobs. I don't know if it's an issue of resistances, it's just the damage overflow and the fact random rares have a) a fuck ton of hps and b) hit like trucks. THEN you add on all their abilities which makes them hard to kite or hard to DPS consistently. I think Illusionist is my most hated trait because it multiples all the other effects the mob has except their HPs. When 3 mobs hit you at once in Hell, you could very well be dead.

Stacking resistances can save you from things like Arcane Enchanted killing you in two hits, or Desecrator/Fire Chains raping you in 3 hits. It's a matter of what you have to sacrifice to get those resistances.

From what I've heard of Inferno, it takes several hundred points of resistance to not get one shot by some elemental effects.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: June 04, 2012, 12:59:20 am »

How can you refund a game which has online activation? They'd have to manually remove Diablo 3 access from anyone's battle.net account who wants a refund after verifying that the serial number for the refunded product is the one used to activate I guess?

All of that falls into "not my problem" when you're trying to return a product.

Or more accuratly it falls into "you should've planned for people returning products, and should have a system in place to take care of that."
Which then becomes "Well we won't sell the game in your country."

Whilst computer games often become a national sport or pastime in Korea (especially Blizzard ones), it turns out that selling video games to Koreans is a pastime, sport, life-style choice, job requirement, philosphy and damn near a religion for gaming companies. Even if half the purchasers in Korea demand their money back, you can bet Blizzard will still sell their next product there. No company would ever say "We don't want several million in sales" even if there's a lot of refunds afterwards.

The Korean gaming culture has actually done a lot of good things for gaming culture as a whole. Like getting refunds for gamers and ensuing there are reasonably balanced RTS's. Once they manage to get Blizzard to balance their RPGs and MMOs we'll be laughing.........
It's a game. Have fun.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: June 04, 2012, 11:17:11 am »

When I hit new content that was noticeably ramped in difficulty, I switched to a more defensive setup and started playing more cautiously until I had some new gear to match. This works fine until Act 2 inferno, where "defenses" translates to "600+ resist all, everything else is damage, so you kill stuff before anything touches you."

Also, at this point the AH is saturated to the point that sub-60 gear is pretty reasonable, and if you're willing to undercut a bit for a guaranteed sale, there's more profit to be had than vendoring items. Don't waste time and gold on crafting, just vendor everything without noticeably desirable stats (primary stat + vit), and hock the rest.

Also, the gear farming aspect does get much easier once you hit 60 and start stacking the valor buff. my SK kills on inferno almost always have 2 rares and 4-6 blues.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

gogis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: June 04, 2012, 01:20:52 pm »

My quick recap

It's alot worse than Titans Quest in pretty much any regard, but much better than anything after Diablo 2. Yes, don't mention all that torchlites and co, this games from another league. Itemization is pure bullshit, but whatever.

But.
1. It's blizzard
2. It's centralized and have a same standard for everyone and it WILL have huge community. I dont get why people complain about always online. Pro's overweith cons.

Overall decent game, well worth 60 bucks. I mean seriously, one night in a club or a hooker costs more  8)
In Soviet Russia cigarette smokes you

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #793 on: June 04, 2012, 01:22:49 pm »

My quick recap: Overall decent game, well worth 60 bucks. I mean seriously, one night in a club or a hooker costs more  8)
This is all that needs to be said. :D

gogis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: June 04, 2012, 01:24:12 pm »

Also, I dont get all nostalgy over Diablo 2. It had god awfull controls and overall interface. Do you actually played it recently? I did, 8 months ago, stopped at nightmare act 3, I think. Honestly, It's was shit experience after all that time I invested in TQ.
In Soviet Russia cigarette smokes you
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 98