Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 98

Author Topic: Diablo 3  (Read 111129 times)

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wont let me Dream, I wont let you sleep.
    • View Profile
Re: Diablo 3
« Reply #720 on: May 30, 2012, 06:52:54 pm »

I was just playing single player, just got to the skeleton king, (for the 20th time or so) and my internet cut out, and it made me disconnect.
key word here being single player.

normally I do play online, this would have been my first time fighting him solo,  :-\

I'm getting D3 for my birthday in 3 weeks, I'm gonna try to convince my parents to buy it for me early, because I don't know if I can take 3 weeks of fighting the skele king.  right now I'm getting every char up to lvl 13, farming a full set of <10 rare (yellow) equipment, and stockpiling low lvl crafting materials.
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't

My milkshake brings all the criminals to justice.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: May 30, 2012, 06:54:49 pm »

Right now I'm getting every char up to lvl 13, farming a full set of <10 rare (yellow) equipment, and stockpiling low lvl crafting materials.

I wouldn't bother farming at that point.  You'll get much better stuff pretty quickly, and you won't need anything good at all for normal mode. 
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wont let me Dream, I wont let you sleep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: May 30, 2012, 06:57:11 pm »

well I can't play past the skele king, or past lvl 13, soo....... ya
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't

My milkshake brings all the criminals to justice.

Vertigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: May 30, 2012, 07:20:58 pm »

Bit late, but a couple pages back someone was asking about Diablo 3 vs. Path of Exile?

PoE feels much more faithful to D2 than D3 is, oddly enough. I haven't played as much of PoE as I have of D3, because it lags more, but I can tell already that it's a game I'm going to spend a lot of time in.

Looking at the website, the devs seem really cool; they either know their stuff, or are not afraid to learn it, rather than sticking with tried-and-true. A great example is the bartering system. By cutting gold out of some transactions, they've created a new sort of economy for their game, and reading their articles on it was very cool.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: May 30, 2012, 07:36:34 pm »

Path of Exile has the most interesting character customization by far between it, Diablo 3, and Torchlight 2.  Unfortunately, it also has the driest gameplay.  It's definitely worth a try, especially since it will be free to play.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

buckets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: May 30, 2012, 08:04:35 pm »

Has anyone tried using the Furious Charge skill with the Merciless Asault rune? I've been using it on my 44 Barb, it's brilliant at thinning out packs of guys and it lets you be way more aggressive at higher difficulties.

This is my current build, I find that lack of mobility get's me killed a whole lot, so I've got a couple of things that let me zip around some. Although I have to admit that I'm still unsure on what to use as my right click ability, I hardly use it atm.

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: May 30, 2012, 08:53:15 pm »

Whatever is the least clicky.  I find extensive clicking hurts my hands.  shift + lmb on an archer is my best friend in diablo-likes.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: May 30, 2012, 08:58:53 pm »

For people whinging on this thread, there was one made specifically for just that.........

On other topics, has anyone seen anything really weird from other players in D3? I was doing a Skelly King run the other week and saw a character, umm, not moving. Or rather, moving tile by tile, slowly but surely. Not attacking, didn't seem to have a "follow" order, just moving tile by tile. This would be a little pointless in some sections, but in the Skeleton Kings level, everything is standard other than where the urn jars are. Could it be that there's bot programs already being developed? If you node-pathed out the entire level, the boss levels could be done by bots. To tell you the truth, most of the game is made from "sections" that are simply connected in different ways. If they were node-pathed out, and a simple "can move to this tile, can't move to that tile, so it must be this section" style of programming was done, bots might be possible.

I thought it was strange that I witnessed what may have been someone developing one. I reported the player for "spam", because there wasn't a "this person is playing in a highly suspicious manner" option. No one lags like that for the whole level in that way as far as I know. Has anyone else seen this sort of stuff going on?
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 09:06:19 pm by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: May 30, 2012, 09:16:22 pm »

Yes there are bots and they run very stiffly. Farmers set these up, with clusters of a dozen or so computers for 24hrs a time. By the time they get caught and banned they have already theoretically cashed out at a profit.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: May 30, 2012, 10:29:43 pm »

For people whinging on this thread, there was one made specifically for just that.........

I don't see why you have to belittle peoples problems with the game, nor why people with different opinions need to be cordoned off into a seperate thread? AFAIK no other thread in other games needs a seperate counterpart thread incase people disagree with each other...

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: May 30, 2012, 10:55:55 pm »

I actually made the other thread. But this is where the discussion keeps happening. /shrug
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: May 30, 2012, 11:27:30 pm »

So, I'm a little stuck on accessing the following spoiler:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: May 30, 2012, 11:43:47 pm »

So, I'm a little stuck on accessing the following spoiler:

What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: May 31, 2012, 12:19:55 am »

Having trouble with the mobs in inferno? Try this!
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: May 31, 2012, 12:23:42 am »

Having trouble with the mobs in inferno? Try this!
I lol'd, but not because of any D3 reference. Just because waves of chickens are awesome.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 98