Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 98

Author Topic: Diablo 3  (Read 111092 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Diablo 3
« Reply #675 on: May 30, 2012, 11:34:08 am »

I think the game is fun. Also I throw jars of spiders at demons, which really never gets old.

I spent the better part of a LAN making spider jokes as I did that.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wont let me Dream, I wont let you sleep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: May 30, 2012, 12:25:15 pm »

I think the game is fun. Also I throw jars of spiders at demons, which really never gets old.

since when can you play D3 on LAN?

and this is a few pages late, but I don't remember necros lagging, I used to always play a summonecro,
back when you could have a horde of skeles and not just the 2,

all in all I like the game, gonna go play it right now actually   ;)
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't

My milkshake brings all the criminals to justice.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: May 30, 2012, 12:31:06 pm »

since when can you play D3 on LAN?

LAN in the sense that we were all in the same room playing together, not in the technical LAN sense.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: May 30, 2012, 12:36:59 pm »

This is the single greatest move in the game and I will be playing a witch doctor as my second character for it. Also toads.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: May 30, 2012, 12:39:10 pm »

This is the single greatest move in the game and I will be playing a witch doctor as my second character for it. Also toads.

Toads would be way better if the Witch Doctor didn't make an annoying sound every time he cast it. Maybe the female WD is less annoying about it?
Come play Mafia with us!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #680 on: May 30, 2012, 12:46:57 pm »

Toads would be way better if the Witch Doctor didn't make an annoying sound every time he cast it. Maybe the female WD is less annoying about it?
Nope.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: May 30, 2012, 01:01:54 pm »

Soo... never played any Diablo, is this a game worth buying outside nostalgia lane?
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: May 30, 2012, 01:04:08 pm »

Soo... never played any Diablo, is this a game worth buying outside nostalgia lane?

It's fun. I've put quite a few hours into it and am having a great time bashing monsters and exploding the landscape. It's not awesome, and I wouldn't play it for the plot, but it is fun.
Come play Mafia with us!

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #683 on: May 30, 2012, 01:06:32 pm »

Its better than the average 60 dollar game. But I am not convinced it was worth 60 dollars yet.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Xeron

• Bay Watcher
  • Kill your family
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: May 30, 2012, 01:09:56 pm »

Get Torchlight 2 instead.If you manage to pre-order it you also get Torchlight 1

Ah, the spoils of pasting one self's face onto women's bodies...

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: May 30, 2012, 01:13:25 pm »

I'd say no just based on the DRM and lag/disconnect issues alone. Get one of the other ARPGs that are coming out soon (Torchlight 2, Grim Dawn, Path of Exile). By all accounts they're all fairly decent.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: May 30, 2012, 01:26:41 pm »

If you have friends to play it with, yes, it's ridiculously fun. Otherwise, no.

pilgrimboy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: May 30, 2012, 02:02:08 pm »

Oh so 30+ hours isn't enough to decide how I feel about a game? Since when is 100 hours required before you've done more than "barely played it?" Has D3 reached some magical state in video games where playing 95% of the game doesn't count?

I would actually say that if you got 30 hours in a game, it was worth its money.
Regular writer at a totally non-related Christian blog, Pulling Weeds Out Of Potholes

pilgrimboy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: May 30, 2012, 02:04:15 pm »

My ten year old loves it, and he has never played another Diablo game. But it's just a game. Not a masterpiece that will inspire great thinking.
Regular writer at a totally non-related Christian blog, Pulling Weeds Out Of Potholes

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: May 30, 2012, 02:13:42 pm »

I would actually say that if you got 30 hours in a game, it was worth its money.

We're talking about how much of something you have to play before you're allowed to have an opinion on it. I don't think anyone mentioned value for money? Also quantity isn't quality.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 98