Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 98

Author Topic: Diablo 3  (Read 111059 times)

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
Re: Diablo 3
« Reply #660 on: May 30, 2012, 10:53:39 am »

I just don't understand people moaning about the AH, don't like it, don't use it. Simple surely?

It's fairly obvious that the decision to include it has impaced a lot of the other design choices in the game though. So even if you can just not use it, it still impacts on the players experience. Also, just because people don't have to use it doesn't mean there's no merit in discussing it's flaws.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: May 30, 2012, 10:55:15 am »

I just don't understand people moaning about the AH, don't like it, don't use it. Simple surely?

Simple if you like the game and aren't interested in thinking any deeper than "I like Diablo 3."
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: May 30, 2012, 11:01:38 am »

Simple if you like the game and aren't interested in thinking any deeper than "I like Diablo 3."

Why would I want to think deeper? I just wanna hit mobs with a sword

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: May 30, 2012, 11:03:24 am »

Which is what people did in D2. Except it took them far longer to get there and was far more challenging to do so. Without your levels and build, there's only the gear left to motivate you.
Thing is, you would have already completed the game long before max level... admittedly you rarely kept going to 99 anyway. But the glory with d2 was getting gear to mesh with your build, Exploit the game mechanics and find/trade gear for your next character.

D3 just lacks the charm somehow.

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: May 30, 2012, 11:05:58 am »

And what happens when you can no longer hit them with a sword?  Let's say they one shot kill you before you even get close?
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: May 30, 2012, 11:10:07 am »

And what happens when you can no longer hit them with a sword?  Let's say they one shot kill you before you even get close?

Just don't play the game anymore, and make sure to keep your opinions to yourself! :P

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: May 30, 2012, 11:11:01 am »

Then why are you here, disagreeing with people? If you're not interested in debate, quit coming in and making snide comments? Didn't this thread already get pruned once for that exact reason?
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 11:12:38 am by nenjin »
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #667 on: May 30, 2012, 11:11:58 am »

Well, my wizardess is level 60 now and I can both tank and vaporize crowds. The only thing that gives me trouble are elite mobs who have damage over time effects (molten, fire chains, plague, arcane) and are capable of dictating or preventing my movement (waller, jailer, vortex).

The accomplishment seems somewhat empty and shallow though. Blizzard has gone far down hill.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: May 30, 2012, 11:13:19 am »

I'd go and buy off the AH, I have no issue with using it..

If I had an issue, I'd go replay the previous acts as intended.

Nenjin, all you've done in this thread is complain about D3. Now you've admitted you've actually barely played it, so I can't really take your arguments seriously.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: May 30, 2012, 11:15:48 am »

Oh so 30+ hours isn't enough to decide how I feel about a game? Since when is 100 hours required before you've done more than "barely played it?" Has D3 reached some magical state in video games where playing 95% of the game doesn't count?

And considering all you've done in this thread so far is "NUH UH" people, you haven't tried to discuss anything. So again, why are you here? Just can't stand the fact no one is fapping as hard as you are over D3?

For someone that just said "I don't want to think, I just want to hit stuff with a sword" you're sitting on a mighty high horse.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 11:18:00 am by nenjin »

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: May 30, 2012, 11:25:00 am »

Do you honestly think I was being serious with the sword comment? Really?

I don't consider having played the easiest difficulty of the game and a bit of the second easiest difficulty as having played the game enough to have such strong feelings on it no. You haven't played 95% of the game and I never said 100 hours are required, so let's not try putting words in my mouth thanks.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #671 on: May 30, 2012, 11:26:10 am »

dudes... Its just a game. No matter how much you like it or it disappointed you.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: May 30, 2012, 11:29:40 am »

You haven't played 95% of the game and I never said 100 hours are required, so let's not try putting words in my mouth thanks.

So what's the magic number then, since my week+ of playtime isn't enough by your standards? And I consider it 95% of game when a) all of the content in the higher difficulties is the same b) elite mobs get one extra trait per difficulty and c) the gear is the only true outstanding difference, that's nickel and dimed over all 4 difficulties.

Do tell me what I'm missing. And try and say it without referencing "avoiding dying", something we argueably should have been doing in the first difficulty but didn't have to.

Start posting like you're actually interested in discussing something than just trying to be smart, then?
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 11:33:26 am by nenjin »

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: May 30, 2012, 11:30:02 am »

I don't consider having played the easiest difficulty of the game and a bit of the second easiest difficulty as having played the game enough to have such strong feelings on it no. You haven't played 95% of the game and I never said 100 hours are required, so let's not try putting words in my mouth thanks.

This line of reasoning is the exact same bullshit people spouted when FF13 was released. "Sure it's mostly just a corridor simulator with a terrible story, but it gets good 60 hours in (for an hour)" I played the D3 beta and that was enough to tell me I didn't want to buy it. You don't even have to play the game to identify that you do or don't like it. To suggest otherwise is just pompous.

If a game requires you to play through it 3 times before you see enough of it to form an opinion, then it's a terribly designed game. Just like if you had to experience any piece of media multiple times before you were allowed to form an opinion. It's bad design and it misunderstands how people experience entertainment on a fundamental level.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #674 on: May 30, 2012, 11:33:01 am »

I think the game is fun. Also I throw jars of spiders at demons, which really never gets old.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 98