Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 98

Author Topic: Diablo 3  (Read 111138 times)

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Diablo 3
« Reply #510 on: May 20, 2012, 04:55:44 pm »

Still playing my wizard, i'm in act4 now, and let me just say this, the archon form is awesome. If i enter an area and there's a huge pack of mobs, i can just use that and melt everything in seconds. And since every kill adds 1 second to the duration, if you go fast enough you can basically always be on archon mode. If something gets close to me, i can just use my aoe blast, or the aoe melee that deals tons of damage. With that, it only takes some lifesteal % or +hp on hit/kill to always be at full hp and melting through elites/bosses/crowds - everything. I'm not using it all the time because it kinda forces me to rush through levels and i want to take my time on the first playthrough, but once i'm done i'll definitely do some farming with it. I feel like it wouldnt be as good in multiplayer though, since i'd get less kills to sustain it.

Oh also, i noticed that you can make things a lot easier by simply buying stuff in the auction house. You can get really good gems for a very low cost, and all sorts of nice items to dramatically boost your stats. I died a few times now, but more often than not it was because of lag spikes (from having other users on my connection).

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: May 20, 2012, 05:18:24 pm »

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#fkRXUP!UbV!YbaYZb

My current Witch Doctor build. I plan on switching to Zombie Bears for my left click once I hit 54 (because everything's better with bears). It eats through mana, but with my defensive cooldowns and Vision Quest on almost constantly, mana regen is less of a thing.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

AustralianWinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: May 20, 2012, 07:03:19 pm »

GAMEPLAY:
The gameplay is, unsurprisingly, rock solid. Diablo III is a masterfully designed hack'n'slash, that does away with a lot of the mechanics of D2 that I hated. And I have played D2 A LOT.

STORY:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

CONCLUSION:

I, of course, will be playing Nightmare. And probably invest countless hours in the game.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: May 20, 2012, 07:29:08 pm »

Oh please, having an excuse plot is standard in the Diablo franchise. In fact it's standard in every computer game ever except Planescape: Torment, Knights of the Old Republic 2, and Shadow of the Colossus.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: May 20, 2012, 07:37:42 pm »

The story is mindblowingly bad

I know it is beautiful! I especially love how they make the previous diablo games superfluous rather quickly.

Crustypeanut

• Bay Watcher
  • Ph.Dwarf & Practitioner of ‼MEDICINE‼
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: May 20, 2012, 07:49:58 pm »

Hell Difficulty.  It hurts.  Just in the first act, while hunting wretched mothers, I came across a cellar.. with a zombie champion.. who had Molten, Mortar, and Electrified effects.  Wiped the 4-man group more times than Diablo in Nightmare.  Ow. 
Specialsurprise - a Tale of ‼Medicine‼ and ‼Science‼ !

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: May 20, 2012, 08:02:42 pm »

Hell Difficulty.  It hurts.  Just in the first act, while hunting wretched mothers, I came across a cellar.. with a zombie champion.. who had Molten, Mortar, and Electrified effects.  Wiped the 4-man group more times than Diablo in Nightmare.  Ow.

You were quite lucky. Electrified and Molten arn't so bad and Mortar is only bad against the ranged units.

Now if this was Frozen + Arcane Enchanted + Fast

Crustypeanut

• Bay Watcher
  • Ph.Dwarf & Practitioner of ‼MEDICINE‼
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: May 20, 2012, 08:30:59 pm »

You were quite lucky. Electrified and Molten arn't so bad and Mortar is only bad against the ranged units.

I'd have been more worried about one with a Molten Electrified Vampiric Zombie in the cellar.  Bastard would probably never die.
Specialsurprise - a Tale of ‼Medicine‼ and ‼Science‼ !

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: May 20, 2012, 10:01:29 pm »

Yay i finished it ! In normal mode that is. BUT i didnt die against Diablo without even adjusting my skills for the fight.

My build :

If you're playing a wizard too i'd be very interested to know what you're using, i'm sure my build could benefit from new ideas.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: May 20, 2012, 10:04:56 pm »

I switch a lot but here is what I got. Now forgive me for not remembering the names

Electrify: Piercing orb (Left)
Disintigration: Chaos nexus (Right)
Teleport: Clone
-Blank- (This always switches out)
Iceshield: Frost nova
Magic weapon: Arcane

Talents: Glass Cannon, Prodigy, and the one that makes the shields recover health (for conveniance)
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 10:27:34 pm by Neonivek »

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: May 20, 2012, 11:09:18 pm »

WD and acid cloud:

It's always good. I have a hard time removing it. However, at 52 soul harvest only gives me about a 40% damage boost, so it's less of a necessity. When you get it, try the locusts with mana return on spread, you can cast it on a group, spam acid cloud, finish with full mana. Also, for MOAR, try the gruesome feast passive. It stacks with soul harvest.

I was pleasantly surprised how well grasp of the dead and gargantuan was able to group up swarms, at least for a while. Eventually everything just overwhelms you, and you'd better be able to take a couple hits. Nothing like vortex, knockback, molten on teleporting monsters.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
  • Where very delicious cake shop?
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: May 20, 2012, 11:09:42 pm »

In ours, we had Mortar, Invulnerable Minions, and something else. We couldn't do it at all.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: May 20, 2012, 11:11:28 pm »

I play for an hour or so: "Barbarians are super fun! I love being the tanky melee guy."

Then I come into this thread and see that apparently I made the wrong decision.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: May 20, 2012, 11:18:16 pm »

Play the class you love and think is fun, but as-of-yet there's no fantastic viable solo build for inferno as a barbarian.

EDIT: Nevermind, after searching the internets I found this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAw9mHfLjv0

Earlier today someone posted an Inferno Butcher run by a Witchdoctor that took 25 seconds. Spamming zombie bears. http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/tw15u/wd_inferno_butcher_kill_in_25_sec_wow/

So apparently monk, wizard, and witchdoctor all have their OPness figured out.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 11:21:40 pm by KaelGotDwarves »

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: May 21, 2012, 01:48:46 am »

Speaking of impossible groups... Leaper pack: invulnerable, knockback, teleport.
Wretched mother pack: Shield, molten, something I couldn't see past the vomited-zombie-apocalypse.

I'd also like to point out how awesome the auction house is, because I hated public trade games (I never had anything anyone wanted, no one had anything I could afford). Now, if I don't feel like gambling, I can toss those above-average pieces up for some change and save up for the massive upgrades later. Or gear my alts efficiently without having to save every piece I find that seems like it could be tempting someday. It's awesome.

I actually kinda hope the RMAH will stabilize the gold AH as well. Time will tell, of course, but actually having gold be viabl currency would be a nice change for the franchise.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 98