Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 98

Author Topic: Diablo 3  (Read 111286 times)

Vel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Diablo 3
« Reply #330 on: May 16, 2012, 12:02:34 am »

The servers are down for emergency maintenance for another 2 hours or so.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: May 16, 2012, 12:09:39 am »

I'll jump on some time tonight then. Fortunately, other than doing an update status thing, there wasn't another Kb downloaded for the guest-pass compared to open beta (I actually ran it through my old open beta client shortcut). So guest pass=beta client but with an open update. I'll finally be able to kill that skeleton king, over and over and over and over again.

Thanks. This isn't sarcastic btw. I had too much going on in my RL to play enough beta, and it will let me level a few character's a little before next week's purchase. I'll happily chuck my guest pass codes to someone else if they want to give it a go once I've grabbed the full game in about ten days.
It's a game. Have fun.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: May 16, 2012, 01:46:19 am »

Funny in retrospect

Now we know better, don't we?
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: May 16, 2012, 01:53:17 am »

Might have been so wrong on the beta-client update. Might explain the standard error off login. Will download and see how it goes. 7.6 gigs more of random down-loady stuff. Because, you know, I don't have a single one of these game assets on my computer already. It won't be at all like the open beta, not at all. Still, the servers are back up I assume. It didn't give me "breaking/something's broken" news at least in the open beta client.
It's a game. Have fun.

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: May 16, 2012, 02:52:32 am »

Huh, if the starter edition saves the progress, I would like one, so I can get through the early game before my full copy arrives in a week.

If someone sends me a Starter Pass, I would really appreciate it and I'll send one back when I get my Standard Edition.

I'm watching a stream of the game and Hell does indeed get really really difficult. The streamers are now trying to run through areas ignoring everything because the unique monsters are too difficult to beat and the monster packs too big to handle.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 02:59:26 am by LASD »

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: May 16, 2012, 02:59:07 am »

Authentication via Battlenet required? On singleplayer? Because items, scripts, and general game features other than graphics and sound are stored in an MMO-type server system?

On singleplayer? I was actually considering buying this one, doubts and all, until I figured out I wouldn't be able to play a game I bought if their servers are down.

I'll definitely be skipping this trash. Invasive DRM is killing the industry. I wish Dwarf Fortress forced internet checks since my internet is turned off for about 20 hours each day, to split it to my living mates and keep me from bumming on the internet all day.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: May 16, 2012, 03:52:30 am »

So, how many more people are going to drop by and junk up the thread by announcing they Won't Play It Ever, before we can discuss the game?

Not that I don't love arguments and complaints that are several years old but...... oh wait.. that thing I just said.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: May 16, 2012, 04:12:08 am »

Eh, dropping by to explain why they're not interested is valid, I think. A lot of the particulars have drifted into Angry Pointless Rant territory, but the theory's sound.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: May 16, 2012, 04:14:41 am »

Aye if you're not gonna play it that's fine. I don't go into every game thread in this sub saying how I'm not gonna play it.

Although saying that I am a bit pissed off I can't currently play due to lag.. in singleplayer mode.

Into Act 3 now, tried farming the Act 2 end boss online but didn't get any drops :( He's so easy.

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: May 16, 2012, 04:27:28 am »

Funny in retrospect

I'm still not getting it. Single player lag is a major turn off for me.

Another thing is with the auction house, I wonder how low your chance is to see some items. Remember the Zod rune? Or some other high level set items? How many farming you need to find just one?
http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Zod_Rune

Now with the new Inferno difficulty, which should be really really hard, you may want those nice high level unique and set items to help you. Or you may simply need them to survive.

But wait, those items are super rare! You can either farm everyday for 5 years and hope you find one, or you can buy from the auction house.

I fear in D3 many items would be so rare, they may as well not exist in the game -- unless you are willing to take out your credit card.

I may still buy D3, but that would be when the emulation servers are very mature (which means many years later). With those people can and will add mods... since the servers are re-created from scratch. So you can say find that item in 5 months instead of 5 years, still require hard work but no longer hopeless. Much more reasonable for people with other things to do, other games to play.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: May 16, 2012, 04:30:41 am »

I have been charging through the story so quickly with my Wiz, seriously everything is popping in one or two hits its not funny...
When and how does this get hard???
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: May 16, 2012, 04:31:47 am »

I have been charging through the story so quickly with my Wiz, seriously everything is popping in one or two hits its not funny...
When and how does this get hard???

Where you at? I blasted through the first and second acts. Act 3 seems to be a little bit more difficult.

You'll struggle on Nightmare, I'm guessing the normal difficulty is gearing you up for it.

Edit: Also I don't understand peoples complaints about the AH, don't like it, don't use it. Simple!

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: May 16, 2012, 04:50:01 am »

The main thing I don't like about the auction house feature is it's going to flood the game community with people who are there to item farm for some ultimate fantasy about making RL money through a game, instead of there to have fun.

Funny in retrospect

I'm still not getting it. Single player lag is a major turn off for me.

Penny Arcade was insulting people who complain about the always online requirement, because the people complaining about it are always online anyway.  This was a pretty common stance a year or two ago.  Now that 70% of the internet has spent its weekend raging about Error 37, very few people are trivializing the topic anymore.  For those who were the original butt of that joke in the comic, it's definitely worth a chuckle now.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: May 16, 2012, 05:02:58 am »

Always online DRM is fine if it's a multiplayer-only game. But imagine fast forward to 6-7 years from now when the game has passed its golden age and you can't play anymore because the authentication server has been shut down. I know by then we'll have better/newer games or perhaps even Diablo 5, but I feel like renting a game instead of owning it. I still played Diablo 2 years after its release but you're not guaranteed to be able to do that with Diablo 3.

Plus after seeing Guild Wars 2, Diablo 3 gameplay feels shallow.

Anyway, take my response as you like. Each to his/her own. I do understand there are those here buying and liking this game and I am happy that you're enjoying the game.
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: May 16, 2012, 05:54:36 am »

Plus after seeing Guild Wars 2, Diablo 3 gameplay feels shallow.
OMG this ten times over...
I was sitting through all of the First Section (skele King) with my chin in my Palm. I felt bored, my left hand barely did anything useful at all...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 98