Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 98

Author Topic: Diablo 3  (Read 111315 times)

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Diablo 3
« Reply #240 on: May 15, 2012, 02:52:12 am »

Going up the Coast to the Mall to get a Hardcopy tomorrow, Girlfriend is buying it for me cause I passed my P1 Car Licence test today ^_^ Timing of the gods!!!
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #241 on: May 15, 2012, 03:08:44 am »

I was finally able to login after about an hours. Seems a bit silly that you can't even get in to play singleplayer...

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: May 15, 2012, 03:09:49 am »

I hope Blizzard will see through the hype and learn how they have shot themselves in the foot by requiring constant internet connection.

Power corrupts people, even game developers.
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: May 15, 2012, 03:42:41 am »

I hope Blizzard will see through the hype and learn how they have shot themselves in the foot by requiring constant internet connection.

From what I know of the sales figures, they've hardly shot themselves in the foot.

Which is a shame, but goes to show you what people actually care about.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: May 15, 2012, 04:02:53 am »

You'd figure they'd have been ready for this. I mean, I know launch day is going to be more popular than normal, but surely the number of people trying to play the game at midnight as soon as it's physically available isn't that much greater than peak hours normally, is it?

Not that it's likely to really hurt them, of course, which I guess might explain it. It seems odd that they'd say "If the servers are clogged and people are angry that just means we've made money hand over fist and people desperately want our game" and thus let nature take its course, but then, I guess Blizzard does answer to Kotick now.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: May 15, 2012, 04:04:47 am »

Where to get a key?

60€ @ blizzard site is ridiculous.

Well, Amazon.co.uk is selling them for 35.8€ (apparently it's 41.26€ now, the price went up after they ran out of stock), though that is for a physical copy. So unless you're in the UK, it's gonna take a while. With free shipping to Finland that while is around 8 days, but seeing how the servers are doing, it doesn't bother me much at all. Yet.

Hopefully I'll find THE BEST ITEM EVER CREATED: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/the-burning-axe-of-sankis

Holy crap, that is amazing.

EDIT: The best Amazon review:
Also the wizard has an ugly lazer beam, i thing blizzard has seen Harry potter a lot but this lazer Beams looks lik in Star Trek.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 05:01:02 am by LASD »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #246 on: May 15, 2012, 04:04:59 am »

You'd figure they'd have been ready for this. I mean, I know launch day is going to be more popular than normal, but surely the number of people trying to play the game at midnight as soon as it's physically available isn't that much greater than peak hours normally, is it?

Not that it's likely to really hurt them, of course, which I guess might explain it. It seems odd that they'd say "If the servers are clogged and people are angry that just means we've made money hand over fist and people desperately want our game" and thus let nature take its course, but then, I guess Blizzard does answer to Kotick now.
They're not going to invest the money into the equipment necessary to handle the initial surge in login attempts. It makes more financial sense to plan for the expected 'normal' load. They don't care if you can get in right at launch, they already have your money.

Biag

• Bay Watcher
  • Huzzah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: May 15, 2012, 05:26:47 am »

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity."

Does anyone know if a public demo is available? I want this but I'm not sure if it'll work on my machine. CanYouRunIt says it will, but I've had issues with their assessments in the past.

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: May 15, 2012, 06:03:28 am »

Does anyone know if a public demo is available? I want this but I'm not sure if it'll work on my machine. CanYouRunIt says it will, but I've had issues with their assessments in the past.

There's guest passes included in the boxed copies, which have practically the same content as the beta, so levels 1-13. They'll probably make it freely available after the servers get through the shock, but I hear there's up to 5 passes with a bought game, so they should be easy enough to come by.

I would give you one of mine if my game had reached me.

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: May 15, 2012, 06:04:11 am »

There is a starter edition where you can play up to the Skeleton King. Need an invite from someone who owns the game for the first 30 days though, after 30 days of the game being out it's available to all.

What a fantasticly incredible game this is. I'm in love.

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: May 15, 2012, 07:23:24 am »

Power
Boby Kotik corrupts people, even especially game developers.

FTFY :P

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: May 15, 2012, 08:07:08 am »

I wish that Blizzard allowed gifting of digital copies of D3 so I could give a couple away, but unfortunately they chose not to allow it.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: May 15, 2012, 08:44:43 am »

wait, was this the game that was illegal to mod?
I don't know about illegal, but they will ban you (with the only exception I'm aware of being the darker colors mod)
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #253 on: May 15, 2012, 09:17:04 am »

Not sure how you would mod it, but yeah they will ban you for modifying the core files or using external programs to play. Many games disallow modding, especially in a multiplayer environment.

FWIW I'm happy with the purchase. Having a blast so far with my wizard. Reached 11th level before I had to head off to work. The orb spell is satisfyingly explosive, the spells have good visuals and interesting effects.

I'm of a mixed opinion on the skill system. It seems like the only choices to make are "what will I use this fight?" You gain access to all of the skills over time as your level rises. No skill tree or anything, but you do get runes which alter the effects of the spells.

This may be old news to some of you but I deliberately avoided reading anything about the game beyond some fluff.

So far the story has been alright, though some of the dialog is really amusingly terrible.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: May 15, 2012, 09:22:07 am »

I'm of a mixed opinion on the skill system. It seems like the only choices to make are "what will I use this fight?" You gain access to all of the skills over time as your level rises. No skill tree or anything, but you do get runes which alter the effects of the spells.

From what the devs have indicated, it's the conflict between AoE and high single-target damage. I think that's where a majority of the skill switching lies I believe. Unfortunately, Blizzard did not make much of a quick-swap interface (or even pre-set builds), so changing is the sort of things you have to stop and fool around in your menus with.

I took a half day off from work, so 3 more hours and I can get my Diablo on.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 98