Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 98

Author Topic: Diablo 3  (Read 111354 times)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Diablo 3
« Reply #60 on: August 01, 2011, 06:20:51 pm »

The best part of this thread is the reactions here are a small summary of what millions of people are saying on the internet right now about this game.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 01, 2011, 06:30:53 pm »

I haven't seen game play in a while. I didn't realize that attacks had graduated to cartoony looking sprites. The tower of zombie is just kind of absurd. There's a wall of zombies attack or whatever which I could buy, but that's just downright silly.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 01, 2011, 06:44:39 pm »

Yeah, im getting more and more turned away from the game. Im not entirely sure Blizzard will change their minds about this, since they seem pretty set on doing this plan.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 01, 2011, 06:46:10 pm »

The Tower of Zombylon is, I believe, a runed Wall of Zombies. And having re-watched the video I need to apologize. I can't tell whether the Zombylon or the monk's bell is more ridiculous. I hope I can rune it so it's many smaller bells ringing rather than just one bigger one.

And why the hell am I still up at a quarter to three in the morning writing about diablo 3 :(
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 01, 2011, 06:55:44 pm »

Huh. Is it just me, or does the game look unusually... cartoony, somehow? Not just the goofy special attacks, it just... I don't know, seems to lack substance or solidity or something. It reminds me more of a Korean MMO than anything else by Blizzard.

Not that art direction is incredibly important, but this seems like an odd style for being so far into development.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 01, 2011, 06:59:26 pm »

I'm guessing it's just low-quality; either game settings or image quality. If that's what you're referring to, of course :) The characters and models do look a bit low-res. Other than that, I'm fairly happy with the art design. Ever since Titan Quest I've become fond of colourful and vibrant hack'n'slashes. I guess Serious Sam also added to that, especially TSE.

But if you mean something else you should probably elaborate :)
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 01, 2011, 07:04:39 pm »

I don't know, seems to lack substance or solidity or something. It reminds me more of a Korean MMO than anything else by Blizzard.

It's been that way since the announce. It's Blizzard's now dominant art style with a mature edge. To me it wasn't that noticeable or objectionable except in the environments. But now that I'm seeing the runed up attacks.....yeah. I did a triple take when I saw the monk bell. On the one hand, I get they've tapped out every way to beam, ball or bash something that's interesting. So they're substituting high quality art pieces for attacks.

On the other though, the game starts to look like a Looney Toons episode. It's like when they made the Archivist for April Fools....some thread of that mentality stuck around.

I'm not opposed to humor, but some of this is becoming borderline goofy. The WD is starting to look like the comic relief of the group, like Jar Jar Binks was to SW.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

PrimusRibbus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 02, 2011, 02:49:43 am »

The inordinate levels of Blizzard apologism I've seen through the years has left me reeling. They're the only for-profit corporation where I've heard people excuse their actions by saying (verbatim), "Just trust them, man. Blizzard wouldn't do anything wrong, they're our friend."
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 03:11:21 pm by PrimusRibbus »
grammar is for essays and letters and second FREEDOM TO POST except obscene material
THE ONLY THING THAT'S GONNA GRIND IN THIS GAME IS YOUR ASS ON THE PAVEMENT

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 02, 2011, 03:16:20 am »

"I'm astounded that people have actually been blindsided by what Diablo 3 has turned into"

Well not EVERYONE keeps up to date and a lot of people thought World of Warcraft was an isolated insudent (and that Starcraft 2 was a good deal and not a way to gouge its fanbase THREE EXTRA TIMES!)

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 02, 2011, 03:24:01 am »

I don't want to say anything bad about Blizzard, mainly because they'll send the Blizzard Death Squads after me!

Shhh! They can hear you...
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Welcome to Reality.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 02, 2011, 03:25:54 am »

I don't want to say anything bad about Blizzard, mainly because they'll send the Blizzard Death Squads after me!

Shhh! They can hear you...

What? but I don't hear anythi

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 02, 2011, 03:27:43 am »

I loved Starcraft. I loved Warcraft III. I never bought WoW, and I'm glad for that. I'm definitely not buying SC2. I'm not even slightly interested in Diablo III. No mods on a computer game? That's just silly.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 02, 2011, 03:37:07 am »

Everyone is being a bit too harsh on Diablo 3. Obviously it is going to be a great game and it shows Blizzard hasn't lost their touch, though with games like World of Warcraft and Starcraft 2 they never lost their touch in the first place.

Everyone should have access to the internet at all times in this modern age, it shouldn't be a problem.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 02, 2011, 03:38:37 am »

Everyone is being a bit too harsh on Diablo 3. Obviously it is going to be a great game and it shows Blizzard hasn't lost their touch, though with games like World of Warcraft and Starcraft 2 they never lost their touch in the first place.

Everyone should have access to the internet at all times in this modern age, it shouldn't be a problem.
But not everyone has access to a stable internet connection all of the time.
Welcome to Reality.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 02, 2011, 03:39:51 am »

It should be a sign that they should get a stable internet connection, especially in times like these.

It isn't Diablo 3's fault that they don't have consistant access to the internet.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 03:44:50 am by Neonivek »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 98