Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 98

Author Topic: Diablo 3  (Read 111080 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Diablo 3
« Reply #945 on: June 25, 2012, 12:12:57 pm »

I think some folks here might enjoy this thread on the battle.net forums:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5889888966
Already been posted I believe, but it's amusing at least. I didn't find it as funny as some people seem to.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 02:23:17 pm by forsaken1111 »

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: June 25, 2012, 01:56:00 pm »

So... basically single player?  Not bad at all.

EDIT: So... once you hit Inferno/60... D3 becomes a grind for gold, in the most basic of sense.  A rat race against repair costs...  And yes, I now turn back to pick up +50 gold off the floor.  If I can see it, I must have it. 
Also, running Act 4 Hell and Act 1 Inferno to farm gold gets old pretty fast... and I just only started doing that...  2 days ago. I think its designed to push players to the cash AH...
Stop dying so much.  Repair bills are pretty cheap when you do HC and never die.
Yea... working on that... 
Need better gear and I'm already speccing 4 purely defensive skills to avoid dying in Act 1 Inferno.  Though, I can facetank a buncha things in the first half of the Act now...
Act 2 Inferno?  Last I checked, I just die when an elite looks my way.

Fun Fact: I'm a dirty casual, never going to bother with Hardcore.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: June 25, 2012, 03:35:58 pm »

I don't follow this thread, it was probably posted here but if it wasn't I can't let you guys miss this one.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 04:40:52 pm by Leatra »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: June 25, 2012, 03:52:38 pm »

That is a hilarious amount of price inflation... I think, anyway.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: June 25, 2012, 03:54:58 pm »

I don't follow this thread, it was probably posted here but if it isn't I can't let you guys miss this one.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I have no idea where people get that much money.   :o  :o
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: June 25, 2012, 04:05:35 pm »

that looks a lot like in game gold(money) laundering.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: June 25, 2012, 04:38:40 pm »

That weapon is pretty durn good...   whoever bought and resold it knew its true worth.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: June 25, 2012, 04:43:00 pm »

I didn't buy the game yet and I got a feeling I won't buy it. I just got a feeling I would regret it. The discussion section in the official forums are crying out loud "DON'T BUY THIS GAME!" Is it that bad?

After some patches maybe.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: June 25, 2012, 05:16:38 pm »

I didn't buy the game yet and I got a feeling I won't buy it. I just got a feeling I would regret it. The discussion section in the official forums are crying out loud "DON'T BUY THIS GAME!" Is it that bad?

Its really not as bad as the official forums makes it out to be.  The game is pretty solid, despite a few annoyances.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: June 25, 2012, 05:20:38 pm »

Gold farmers farm gold... player buys gold, puts some item up for sale at extreme rate, gold seller buys item... transaction complete!
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: June 25, 2012, 05:21:42 pm »

Gold farmers farm gold... player buys gold, puts some item up for sale at extreme rate, gold seller buys item... transaction complete!
Ooooh, so that's how it works.

Interesting.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: June 25, 2012, 05:42:59 pm »

Already been posted I believe, but it's amusing at least. I didn't find it as funny as some people seem to.

Need to know if I am being stupid here.  I read this is a really heavy snark against Blizzard, and found it amusing.  I shared this link on my Facebook, and a friend of mine who plays the game is trying to tell me that this is supposed to actually be a snark against people who complain about the game/praise for Blizzard.  I thought it was a crazy bit of cognitive dissonance, because this guy alternates between complaining about the game and then defending it against other people when they complain.  Then two other people joined in to back him up on his interpretation...
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #957 on: June 25, 2012, 05:52:08 pm »

Need to know if I am being stupid here.  I read this is a really heavy snark against Blizzard, and found it amusing.  I shared this link on my Facebook, and a friend of mine who plays the game is trying to tell me that this is supposed to actually be a snark against people who complain about the game/praise for Blizzard.  I thought it was a crazy bit of cognitive dissonance, because this guy alternates between complaining about the game and then defending it against other people when they complain.  Then two other people joined in to back him up on his interpretation...
Stop trying to figure out the logic behind a troll post. He's doing it for attention, nothing more, so he will post whatever gets the most attention.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: June 25, 2012, 06:37:15 pm »

The discussion section in the official forums are crying out loud "DON'T BUY THIS GAME!"

I can't think of a game I've played recently that hasn't had a hatedom. You gotta keep in mind that the people who actually enjoy the game are probably not taking time out to go post on the forums to get trolled by everyone else.

It isn't that bad, no. There are outstanding issues but they've been patched up more since release than D2 was for years afterward. *shrug* If you're looking for a loot-based hack-n-slash, you'll probably enjoy it. If you're going in looking for things to hate on, you probably won't enjoy it.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

buckets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: June 25, 2012, 06:38:35 pm »

It's a heap of fun, there's just another nma type thing going on sadly.
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 98