Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 98

Author Topic: Diablo 3  (Read 111208 times)

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
Re: Diablo 3
« Reply #855 on: June 10, 2012, 08:19:35 am »

Why am i still playing this 20-30 hours a week?!!??! Seriously, with all of it's problems it still has me choosing this over sleep. I don't get it.

'Tis the curse of a Diablo game. "JUST ONE MORE LEVEL, CLEAR OUT ONE MORE AREA, OPEN ONE MORE CHEST" and then next thing you know it's midnight and you gotta pee badly.
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

gogis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: June 10, 2012, 10:34:43 am »

Well, game was pretty easy till I hit act II inferno with my barbarian. I literally ran into brick wall. Saddest thing is that upgrades for my gear is only in Auction House, as I can see, Inferno act I gear drops is horrible.
So, basically, instead of farming gear, you pigeonholed to farm gold, which is a huuuuuuge dissapointment, I pissed to no end right now.
In Soviet Russia cigarette smokes you

gogis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: June 10, 2012, 10:38:05 am »

I've heard you need to kill him within a certain timeframe to avoid basically getting gameover'd in just that fashion.

Thats correct. I was forced to shuffle some gear to get more DPS vs him. I killed him 10+ times and many of them me finishing him staying in napalm for 5-6 seconds screaming 'die biatch, die already!!11!!' :D
In Soviet Russia cigarette smokes you

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: June 10, 2012, 11:02:49 am »

I managed to kill the butcher.  Apparently if you hug the south wall the fire doesn't get ya.  :)
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: June 10, 2012, 11:03:55 am »

I managed to kill the butcher.  Apparently if you hug the south wall the fire doesn't get ya.  :)
Intriguing...

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: June 11, 2012, 12:24:55 am »

EDIT: Nevermind, went ahead and did it. Blizzard has a problem with that, they should've gotten it right in the first damn place. Onward to LMB Syndrome!
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 12:41:51 am by 612DwarfAvenue »
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #861 on: June 11, 2012, 01:48:17 am »

I am also at a brick wall in act II inferno.

I die like a bug on a windshield.

I am at a place where every objectively better piece of equipment is over a million gold. I need to improve my AC, Resist all, attack speed and movement rate without sacrificing the intelligence and vitality boosts I needed in order to make it this far.  The good news is that I can farm act 4 hell and the only thing that can kill me is Izual (even the waller vortex molten desecrated champions are starting to pose little risk), and he does not do it very often. So I can farm up 100k to 300k gold in a few hours.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: June 11, 2012, 03:38:23 am »

Well, game was pretty easy till I hit act II inferno with my barbarian. I literally ran into brick wall. Saddest thing is that upgrades for my gear is only in Auction House, as I can see, Inferno act I gear drops is horrible.
So, basically, instead of farming gear, you pigeonholed to farm gold, which is a huuuuuuge dissapointment, I pissed to no end right now.

Next patch is intended to fix just this problem. After it you can get up to "lvl 63" (Act III) gear from Act 1.

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: June 11, 2012, 06:25:00 am »

AustralianWinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: June 11, 2012, 07:20:38 am »

And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: June 11, 2012, 08:57:21 am »

That pissed me off too. In the world of Sanctuary, NOTHING ever truly dies. You can't kill the Prime Evils, their lieutenants, Christ even decapitating Zultan Khule doesn't kill him. It's no wonder the Horadric died out and the Prime Evils get to do whatever they want til the PCs arrive; they seem to have the no actual power to kill anything permanently.

And seriously, let Izual rest already.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #866 on: June 11, 2012, 08:59:30 am »

Izual

Ooh, Izzy's back in D3?

Yeah. And he's lame. The plot excuse too.
I thought he was pretty cool.

I also died to him more times than Diablo. x.x

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: June 11, 2012, 09:53:33 am »

Ditto.  :)
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

pilgrimboy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: June 11, 2012, 12:03:37 pm »

Next patch is intended to fix just this problem. After it you can get up to "lvl 63" (Act III) gear from Act 1.

I hope so. I'm also in Inferno with a barbarian and can't progress without great and too expensive gear in the auction house. Not a chance of dropping. And also not a chance that I would get enough gold to continue.
Regular writer at a totally non-related Christian blog, Pulling Weeds Out Of Potholes

buckets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: June 11, 2012, 06:48:46 pm »

Ditto.  :)
Other way around for me, nightmare Diablo ruins my barb.
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 98