Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 98

Author Topic: Diablo 3  (Read 111142 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Diablo 3
« Reply #765 on: June 01, 2012, 07:16:38 pm »

Also, glass cannons are THE go-to setup for most of inferno, as far as I've seen.
This is unfortunate, but I can believe it. I'm already getting a lot more dancy and wishing I had someone ranged on my monk in Act II Nightmare.

(I made a WD first because I wanted to be a support caster, but as it is now everything revolves around me faking being a wizard)
Hearing about this earlier was what mainly killed my interest in playing one, sadly.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #766 on: June 01, 2012, 09:06:29 pm »

Does anyone know the new chance for Wizard:critical mass to reduce cooldowns? I know it was nerfed but I don't know how hard.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: June 03, 2012, 02:53:12 am »

Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Lord Snow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: June 03, 2012, 03:40:14 am »

Because the refund policy is against their law.

This should be happening a lot more and in other countries. Especially against online games with bad and slow support. (And from what i heard about treatment of people who got hacked already, blizzard may fit in there too. Sad thing really, not having an offline option. Even solo players not safe.)
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 03:44:25 am by Lord Snow »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #769 on: June 03, 2012, 12:01:38 pm »

How can you refund a game which has online activation? They'd have to manually remove Diablo 3 access from anyone's battle.net account who wants a refund after verifying that the serial number for the refunded product is the one used to activate I guess?

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #770 on: June 03, 2012, 12:44:50 pm »

Korean gamers, y so seriouz about Diablo 3??

Video game are a professional sport in Korea.

Demanding refunds for defective games makes as much sense as demanding refunds for baseball bats that shatter in a million pieces when hit by a ball traveling more than 90 miles an hour.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: June 03, 2012, 01:41:56 pm »

National consumer laws override any EULA or user-end-agreement. Those Korean consumers had all the right to ask for a refund and to recieve one if the product did not meet with their expectations.

The same thing can happen on Steam. Although Valve generally doesn't issue refunds for games outside of pre-releases if you bring up your country's consumer protection laws (assuming you've got them) then Valve will begrudging refund the product.

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: June 03, 2012, 02:59:41 pm »

How can you refund a game which has online activation? They'd have to manually remove Diablo 3 access from anyone's battle.net account who wants a refund after verifying that the serial number for the refunded product is the one used to activate I guess?

All of that falls into "not my problem" when you're trying to return a product.

Or more accuratly it falls into "you should've planned for people returning products, and should have a system in place to take care of that."

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #773 on: June 03, 2012, 03:14:22 pm »

Or more accuratly it falls into "you should've planned for people returning products, and should have a system in place to take care of that."
Which then becomes "Well we won't sell the game in your country."

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: June 03, 2012, 03:16:19 pm »

Which then becomes "Well we won't sell the game in your country."

That's preferable to selling the game and assuming consumer protection laws don't apply to you because once someone has bought the game and installed it you pop up a screen saying "lol no refunds sucker!"

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #775 on: June 03, 2012, 03:17:10 pm »

I wonder if the refund policy was made clear to these customers prior to purchase. You seem to be saying it wasn't..

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: June 03, 2012, 03:18:41 pm »

So I totally nerd-raged at D3 last night. 53 or so Monk, 2 friends in Hell mode on Act 1. The Barbarian and I had been dying constantly to elite packs, while the Wizard typically was able to kite the stuff, until we'd respawn and die again once everything piled back up. After 2 or 3 rotations of this, enough stuff would have been winnowed down that we could finally kill all of it.

Secondly, nothing had dropped for me pretty the whole act. What did drop, and has continued to drop for the last 4 times I've played, is caster gear. Caster gear all day everyday. Even with both other people looking out for monk gear, nadda. So I've been struggling to keep my HPs and damage up throughout all of Act 1 Hell.

And then we get to the Skeleton King and he keeps one-shotting me, seemingly at random. With 12k Hp, I'm low but I'm not THAT low. All his super big fancy attacks did the amount of damage I'd expect. But his basic, standing swing fucking one-shot me EVERY TIME. Even built out for as much range as I could put between me and enemies, he'd still seem to, possibly in a moment of lag, turn and clobber me for one hit. I think I died 5 times in that fight.

The high gear dependency of the whole game is really starting to show itself. You didn't notice in lower difficulties because generally one great item or weapon meant total overkill. But now where the difficulty spikes, suddenly you're literally dying for gear that's a real upgrade. I'm sure that's entirely so you'll go to the AH, get addicted to buying gear and then decide you want to throw down real money on the whole thing once the RMAH goes live.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #777 on: June 03, 2012, 03:21:58 pm »

When I ran into that point I went back through the previous acts a few times and got upgrades while hitting some of the achievements I missed and rounding out my lore entries/conversations.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: June 03, 2012, 03:26:04 pm »

I've got other people telling me not to bother re-farming for gear, because Inferno is where the actual farming needs to be taking place.

Regardless I think this is mostly me bitching in preparation to go replay the Cathedral in Act 1 solo. ><
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: June 03, 2012, 03:42:40 pm »

I wonder if the refund policy was made clear to these customers prior to purchase. You seem to be saying it wasn't..

Is it ever? Does it really matter?
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 98