Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 98

Author Topic: Diablo 3  (Read 110974 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: Diablo 3
« Reply #615 on: May 26, 2012, 01:54:28 am »

Oh god.
Sankis
he

HERETICS!
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: May 26, 2012, 03:02:46 am »

It was probably a human visiting, and you know how bad humans are with dwarven gender.

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: May 26, 2012, 03:23:54 am »

In other news, Locust Swarm with Pestilence is amazing. It says it has a chance to spread to other targets, but either the chance is really big or every single spread has a chance to infect others. Either way, it practically infects everything in a pack. It also does fairly decent damage, so in the first boss fight of Act 4 I killed 137 of the small shadow things with one cast. It was a beautiful thing.

Add the bouncing Firebomb for additional monster pack obliteration.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 03:25:29 am by LASD »

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: May 26, 2012, 03:27:50 am »

The devouring rune with locusts really helps with mana-intensive nukes on mid-level swarms. If you like it, definitely give that a try before it becomes nonviable later.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: May 26, 2012, 03:33:11 am »

Oh god.
Sankis
he

HERETICS!
Quote from: Urban Dictionary
Noun

A Male prostitute in the caribbean islands that will show you a good time on vacations if you pay for his drinks and spend money on him
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #620 on: May 29, 2012, 03:48:40 pm »

This is probably a dumb question...

Does the windows version of Diablo 3 include the Mac version as well?
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #621 on: May 29, 2012, 03:51:27 pm »

By the way, the devs have said that they will be changing how gems combine in the future. You will only need 2 gems to combine up instead of three.

May want to hold off on combining gems for now.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: May 29, 2012, 04:13:50 pm »

Because I know when I log on to D3, my biggest complaint is how many gems it takes to make more gems. :|
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #623 on: May 29, 2012, 04:16:05 pm »

Because I know when I log on to D3, my biggest complaint is how many gems it takes to make more gems. :|
Just saying you may want to wait.

or you could complain about someone letting you know ahead of time that something is changing instead.

next time I won't bother then?

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: May 29, 2012, 04:17:00 pm »

It is certainly useful, blacksmithing prices are coming down too.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: May 29, 2012, 04:22:29 pm »

That wasn't actually directed at you. I just don't see the value in basically increasing the already over-the-top power inflation that's in game right now. Damage gems pretty much trash difficulty and now they're going to get....even easier to make.

Of all the things that would improve my game experience...making it easier to amass grotesque amounts of stats isn't one of them.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: May 29, 2012, 04:35:50 pm »

Nenjin's comments relate to why I expect the real money AH to be a bit of a flop.  You would be paying to no longer have to play the game.  IE if you buy the best items out of inferno, you no longer have any reason to run inferno, unless you plan to sell the gear you find there.  I found a few items for my wis as I'm leveling, and its a bit disappointing to go 10 levels without finding an item that is an upgrade.
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #627 on: May 29, 2012, 04:39:10 pm »

What is even more disappointing is spending 30-50k gold at auction to buy something useful and then finding something better in the next 15 minutes of play.

Roughly 1/3 of my gear is self found, 1/3 was found by other players in multiplayer games and given/traded, and the other third from the auction house.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: May 29, 2012, 04:41:47 pm »

What's more, there's nothing up in Inferno to even really motivate people to seek the higher gear. They're not striving for that impossible amount of experience or skill points anymore, trying to perfect their build. The legendaries are a joke (and probably will remain so even after rebalancing.) That leaves set pieces or hoping the generator spits out a "perfect" rare item. At which point you're done playing anyways.

I just don't see who is going to be playing Inferno obsessively to get items except the people who want to turn them into a profit. It's going to be tons of supply with next to zero demand as far as the auction house goes.

So yeah, I agree. Time will tell but I expect D3's long-term appeal to be one of the biggest Blizzard flops ever, unless they put out an expansion that is basically a 2nd game to make use of that gear. The content of D3 already feels old, and that's after 2.5 playthroughs. With the 4th Act feeling more like Act 3.5, you don't even really get the ZOMG SO INSANE enjoyment that you once got doing Act 4 highest difficulty in Diablo 2. Act 3 seems like a far better place to kick ass and chew bubblegum.

Maybe they're banking on PvP and the eventual e-sport arenas to be the real driver of AH profit.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 04:45:14 pm by nenjin »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #629 on: May 29, 2012, 04:49:33 pm »

You guys severely underestimate how popular this game is in some countries.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 98