Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: Essence Born, Multiplayer Edition Turn 1  (Read 8332 times)

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
Re: Essence Born, Multiplayer Edition
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2011, 01:10:24 pm »

Clearly unoriginality doesn't mean anything when I'm the living personification of Dwarf Fortress.
actually you know what, no you can't be that.  You can be the god of dwarves, but from a GM's point of view it gets fucking boring writing about generic dwarf #582 ok?  You can still be a god of dwarves but create a bloody original god for them.  May I suggest looking at the in-game gods.
:-[

Name: Dorim, God of Dwarves, Ores and Mountains
Description: A heavyset Dwarf with a long regal golden beard. He holds a staff of obsidian topped with an orb of ruby, and atop his head sits a platinum crown somehow inset with almost every gem imaginable. He's garbed in a flowing red robe of dyed giant spider silk, with large boots made of unblemished steel.

Is that better?
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2011, 01:12:22 pm »

May I suggest earth instead of ores, and mountains?

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2011, 01:12:59 pm »

far far better thank you.
I'm still working throught the first 4, this is taking a hell of alot of rolls and writing.
Nom nom nom

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2011, 01:13:37 pm »

I'm still working throught the first 4, this is taking a hell of alot of rolls and writing.

So, do you understand now why I wanted to do singleplayer?
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2011, 01:14:26 pm »

So, do you understand now why I wanted to do singleplayer?
Yes, main difference is that I enjoy doing this :p
Nom nom nom

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2011, 01:18:58 pm »

Oh, yeah, updating my Nowhere To Run RTD usually takes me over an hour, but I do enjoy it too. Otherwise I wouldn't be updating it, durr. I especially like the large firefights that take 20 rolls just to get started. >_>
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2011, 01:19:31 pm »

Reclaiming reserved spot then.

Name: Empathica, The Goddess of Emotion
Description: Typically, Empathica appears to her followers in a pale red shimmer of light and the subtle scents of wormwood and ash. She appears as a Centaur to her chosen followers. Her lower body is typically that of sorrel horse, and her upper body that of a comely female of about 25 years, with red hair and green eyes. She usually has a look of restlessness and impatience about her. Empathica often appears wearing little more than a loose, immodest robe on her upper body and a headband on her forehead, both reddish-black in coloration, but she also carries a long spear made of four entwining red crystals and tapering into a four pronged trident shape a it's head.

Empathica appeared before her follower as he lay dying amid the carnage he has created, his Bezerker heart bursted in his chest. She nodded somberly.
"So tell me...how do you feel?"
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

BunnyBob77

• Bay Watcher
  • The Lurkmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2011, 02:07:31 pm »

This is gonna be awesome.  The singleplayer one is coming along well, and I hope this will be just as good!

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2011, 02:08:14 pm »

Ehm k then, Second post contains your starting locations and general descriptions.  Everything will be kept in that spot for information, so check there after turns. Post your *awaken* type actions, up until now you have been worshiped but have been trapped in the aether of the worlds, now with the revelations of your first prophet you are free.  Feel free to name prophets and make up descriptions for followers if you wish, the more role-play the more likely I am to give you bonuses and such ;)
Nom nom nom

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2011, 02:18:47 pm »

> I tell my people to multiply and evangelize, but not take uneccecery risks for the moment. I look for anyone doing tasks inefficiently, and tell my prophet ways for them to do things better and faster.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2011, 02:24:41 pm »

A massive swirl of darkness appears infront of the cultists as they gather for their usual prayer to their god. Within the darkness their was a sentient being, a god who ruled over the darkness itself, and his first thoughts were that of helping his worshippers. As the swirl of darkness settles standing there is a man made of pure shadows, adn voice is heard saying "Hello my children I am the god you pray to, Hikari the God of Darkness, and I have come to offer you my most devoted worshippers a sliver of my power. I will teach you the power of Necromancy with it you will be able to control the corpses, and skeletons of the dead to be your sword, and your shield, but to gain this power you must willingly accept it. So who among you wish to learn this power?" The crowd gahtered infront of him wore colthes of normal citizens all except one he stood tall, wrapped in a blood red cloak, and in awe of the shadow standing infront of him. "You must be Isarin, the prohept who has spread my word. For that I thank you my loyal child, and I promise you another life after your death. This promise is to all of you when you die I will take your souls, and reincarnate you, and give you another life to live, and  all I ask in exchnage is your devotion, and worship."

BunnyBob77

• Bay Watcher
  • The Lurkmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2011, 02:34:35 pm »

I attempt to gather a crowd of people, particularly who either have no religion or will be easily swayed to join mine.  Then, I magically amplify me and my prophet's voice.  "Comrades, citizens of the Great City of Unial, hear my call.  We are the powerful nation in the world, yet our power goes unused!  Join with me, great mean and women, and we shall begin our path to conquest!"  Create several pieces of golden jewelry (or whatever the most expensive thing I can create is) and throw it into the crowd.  "These gift are a mere fraction of what our great empire shall accomplish with me by our side!
Listen to the words of Andel, my prophet, the bringer of flame, and blessed worshiper of mine,  and learn the true path to conquest!"  Raise my scimitar in the air and create a pillar of fire, hopefully convincing them that I am fit for their worship.  "Should you accept me as your god, I shall bless you and deliver upon your enemies the righteous cleansing flame! You shall have greater power than any other empire, and wealth that even gods such as I would envy!  You will win any war, and will we blessed in all things should you accept me!  Now together, we shall begin our glorious path to conquest!  Spread the world of my dominion, and together we shall rise to victory! " I'll also send one follower to attempt an alliance with cthulu.
Description of prophet
Name:  Andel
He is a mid sized young man with short brown hair.  He is dedicated to spreading word of the new god, and believes that worship of me is the only true path to conquering the world.
Oh, and I think I forgot to mention in my description that I also wield a scimitar.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 02:50:04 pm by BunnyBob77 »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2011, 02:36:23 pm »

Empathica appeared before her follower as he lay dying amid the carnage he has created, his Bezerker heart bursted in his chest. She nodded somberly.
"So tell me...how do you feel?"

He looked up at her. She seemed to tower above him, a beautiful woman with the lower body of the horse-he knew her as his Goddess Empathica. Even for a man of his age, lust wasn't totally beyond him.
"Goddess? It hurts. Am I dead?"

She smiled serenely, and flicked her tail.
"The dead feel nothing. Hence, you remain alive."

The old man was curious.
"Why?"

She nodded again.
"My favorite question. I love giving the answers...you, Ser Elmal, have been my greatest follower, though you did not know it. Your life has been spent in pursuit of strong emotions that I have power over-passion, rage, anger, fear, hate, envy, hope...and your faith has allowed me to manifest myself here, momentarily at least."

He was curious.
"But, why have you come? Surely, you do not shepard souls to the..."

She flipped her hair, a little impatient.
"No. That's not my...jurisdiction. No, I've come to make you my prophet. My force on this world. You will spread the word of my coven. In return...I can make your life much more exciting. Not easier-more exciting."

The Goddess smiled brightly. Elmal accepted, and rose from that field, healed of body. Emapathica gave him a saucy wink, turned away and galloped off the field as fast a bolt of lightning, leaving only a bright, ringing laugh and an indistinct red light that slowly faded away.

The sky was cloudless. The mans heart was beating again in his chest. He felt stronger, and lighter of step. 10 years? more like 20 years younger. The Old man was a Young man, again. He felt good. Very good.

Action: Prophet Elmal goes to openly spread the Word of Empathica to the common man. Following Empathica allows one to live life to it's greatest, with no regrets.

« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 03:01:47 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2011, 02:40:08 pm »

Name: Murldon the Faceless
Description: A humanoid being of large stature with huge fiery wings, wielding a great sword of hellfire, but he is missing a face, hair or ears. His head is also on fire. He wears robes of midnight, his skin and wings are the colour of fresh blood. Usually floats about a foot above the ground.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2011, 02:47:17 pm »

Ok you have been added in on the second post demonic
Nom nom nom
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9