Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Graphics issue: Smoothed walls looks nice but engraved ones are a mess  (Read 2091 times)

xelo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hi you dwarves out there

My smoothed walls are looking all nice and shiny.
But after I engraved some walls the graphic images were replaced randomly(?) with senseless ugly other images.
Since I use the LazyNewbPack some of you know what I mean.

How can I replace those ugly graphics with the correct "engraved wall" images?
If not possible I would like to use the "smoothed wall" graphics instead... but the actual images are absolutely ugly and cause a pain in my eyes.

I tested with several "maydays", "ironhand(_diagonal)" and "phoebus" graphics sets without any success.

Thank you for helping

xelo
Please use Code-Tags for ascii illustrations relating DF

#....#
###### Bad
Code: [Select]
#....#
###### Good

Dae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You can toggle the display of engravings. Go wiki !

Also, you're on the wrong forum for gameplay questions. There is one dedicated only to these. ;)

xelo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok... now I can stop studying raw files -.-

I read the wiki for hours regarding tilesets, raws, graphics... and testet dozens of raws and tilesets... i am not kidding.

I never had any idea that it is easy like a push on a button -.-

Thank you soo much :)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 11:28:13 pm by xelo »
Please use Code-Tags for ascii illustrations relating DF

#....#
###### Bad
Code: [Select]
#....#
###### Good

Dr. Hieronymous Alloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Speaking of engravings, are they still "one sided" ? I.e., if my dwarf engraves a wall on the north side, is it engraved all the way around, or just on the north side? I remember this mattered for some reason before.

DS

• Bay Watcher
  • DS cancels Attend Party: no floor space.
    • View Profile

Nah, the entire tile will appear with the same engraving, no matter the direction from which it is observed.
Finished: Weatherwires, the Last Mountainhome. A tragic mix of Children of Men, City of Ember, and, uh, magma.
Stymied: Correspondence from Syrupurns, a prematurely ended narrative, told through annual updates.
In Progress: Roomcarnage, a fortress clinging to life beneath a haunted glacier.

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile

Nah, the entire tile will appear with the same engraving, no matter the direction from which it is observed.

What he means is that there was a bug back in 40d that would make the value of engravings would only effect the side that it was engraved on.

While I don't know off the back of my hand, it shouldn't be to hard to test.

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

Dr. Hieronymous Alloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What he means is that there was a bug back in 40d that would make the value of engravings would only effect the side that it was engraved on.

While I don't know off the back of my hand, it shouldn't be to hard to test.

Yeah, the easy way to do it would be to save game, check value of two bedrooms with a common border wall, engrave one bedroom while locking the other one closed, check values again. It'd be a pain though.

Kon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also, you're on the wrong forum for gameplay questions. There is one dedicated only to these. ;)

Toggling engravings off is not retroactive. Walls and floors that are already engraved won't look any better after toggling off the display of engravings. I try to remember to toggle them off whenever I download a new version of DF.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile

Toggling engravings off is not retroactive. Walls and floors that are already engraved won't look any better after toggling off the display of engravings. I try to remember to toggle them off whenever I download a new version of DF.
Pretty sure they can be toggled on and off at will via {d} -> {v}...

Dae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes, in fact you can select zones where you will turn engravings on and off. Designate it the same way you would designate them for mining, with enter in a corner and enter another time when you've moved the cursor to the opposite corner.