Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Clothing and fashion thread.  (Read 1803 times)

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
Clothing and fashion thread.
« on: July 17, 2011, 11:02:19 pm »

A nice little thread where one may discuss the kind of clothing they wear/like, along with various other aesthetics that may be of interest.

I really like scarves. Especially ones with parallel stripes design, makes the scarf feel much longer. I've got a fair collection of scarves, though, I'm not exactly sure the location of them at the moment. Just as well, it's summer, too hot for scarves. ><

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: Clothing and fashion thread.
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2011, 11:06:51 pm »

*Read title as cloning and fashion*
 :P

Anyway, yes, scarves are awesome. I just love them, very cute. I also like coats, with those realy wide fabric belts that fit just under the bust. I like boots too, not the punkish type, just simple, black lace up boots, they go great with a nice pair of jeans.

I like womens fashion a lot more than mens...

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2011, 11:08:19 pm »

I like long coats. My favorite thing to wear that I own is an insulated labcoat, which is warm enough to serve as a winter coat as long as it's above -10 F or so. Far too warm to wear it now, alas.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2011, 11:09:44 pm »

I have trouble finding clothing that I like but usually bold single colours are preferred and I avoid visible brand labels. Long sleeved t-shirts/shirts, never shorts, jeans, combats, and hoodies. I want to get some t-shirts with decent prints but I can't find any.

Scarves are cool but I lost my only one.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2011, 11:13:46 pm »

I uh... I throw on a t-shirt, shorts, and sandals. Let's just say I'm not the person one goes to for fashion advice.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2011, 11:28:18 pm »

Long coats are great.  I have a double-breasted black one with a vent in the back, and it's fabulous whenever I wear a long black skirt with it.  Eh... and I have a brown leather one, too.

The most expensive piece of clothing I own, by far, is a dark red wool jacket with a high collar I can tuck my face in.  It's the best.

Right now I'm still working on knitting an 8- or 10-foot long undyed wool scarf.  I really, really want to be able to wear that thing.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2011, 11:28:43 pm »

I feel like a fool for caring about fashion, but up yours cultural stigma, I do. So someone tell me, what the hell is up with skinny jeans? They make you look like you're walking around on cheese sticks, and the whole effect is just really creepy.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2011, 11:29:54 pm »

Dunno, but I hate 'em, too.  Not least because my thighs are shapely, rather than skinny.

Yeah, that's a nice way of putting it, hehe.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2011, 11:33:31 pm »

I'll admit, I hate generalizing, so I will say that they look good if your legs aren't really skinny, but that seems to be the style right now for some reason.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2011, 11:33:54 pm »

Some people just like them. My older sister loves them for one, especially since she's pretty slender and small. I don't really care for them one way or the other, but I prefer regular ol jeans.

For me I like button up shirts, usually left open and flowy. Fingerless gloves. Jeans, leather, scarves, collars and chokers, military style clothes, hoodies, shortish skirts, and if I have no choice, boots. I am so opposed to shoes my house has an official rule that they are taken off when you come through the front door and left by the door. I find the things just so ugly and there's enough people in the house that prefer not to wear them at all that wearing them around the house just risks hurting anyone you step on.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2011, 11:38:59 pm »

They make you look like you're walking around on cheese sticks, and the whole effect is just really creepy.
I tried some drain pipe jeans on and, from my perspective especially, it made my legs look like they tapered towards the bottom to a scary degree. I am pretty tall and thin so I should have guessed. Both my parents remember them being popular when they were young and despair that they are back in fashion.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2011, 07:06:55 am »

Trenchcoats are cool. Suits are cool. They're basically I-win cards for fashion.

If only ;_;
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2011, 07:24:34 am »

For me I like button up shirts, usually left open and flowy. Fingerless gloves. Jeans, leather, scarves, collars and chokers, military style clothes, hoodies, shortish skirts, and if I have no choice, boots. I am so opposed to shoes my house has an official rule that they are taken off when you come through the front door and left by the door. I find the things just so ugly and there's enough people in the house that prefer not to wear them at all that wearing them around the house just risks hurting anyone you step on.

Heh. Walking in my house without shoes invites you to get part of the floor in your foot.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2011, 07:30:43 am »

Trenchcoats are cool. Suits are cool. They're basically I-win cards for fashion.

If only ;_;

Both have their place. I love trenchcoats to death, but you need to be careful with them so as not to look like a pervert. Suits? Take care not to look like a dork. When you get the opportunity, go nuts, because seriously, awesome.

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2011, 07:33:15 am »

Since it is currently summer I hugely enjoy white linen pants, marine short sleeved buttoned shirt with the above 2-3 buttons open and white bugatti moccasins.

As a general note I hugely love buttoned shirts as they look great on me, usually with a t-shirt under. I also wear my suit jacket(not formal) a lot on cooler days.

EDIT:Small sunglasses with silver coloured rims are also great and never forget the watch and ring. I hate sweatpants, hoodies and skinny jeans.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 07:35:43 am by vagel7 »
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!
Pages: [1] 2 3