Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Clothing and fashion thread.  (Read 1800 times)

Riddler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Clothing and fashion thread.
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2011, 07:59:44 am »

I only recently got into wearing shorts. I used to be really insecure about them for some reason, so much so that I pretty much only wore cargo pants for most of my life. Used to hate jeans too, all types, until I walked into walmart and tried on a pair. Absolutely love them now for whatever reason.

Still, I was born to wear more formal-ish clothes. I've got long-ish hair, though I'm a guy, and it tends to mesh really well with my suit. Button up shirts are just something I can't help but love. Absolutely dig all things button-y.

Coats are a big plus. I've got this old black trenchcoat that I never get to wear because, shock and surprise, Florida is ungodly hot most of the year. I do have a german military surplus coat that I wear all the time though. Sort of a family heirloom that's been passed down to me.

I love clothes. Somewhat embarassing at times, but looking like a million dollars is worth it. >_>

Grimshot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2011, 08:16:26 am »

« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 10:33:05 am by Grimshot »
My personality profile.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2011, 09:59:43 am »

During the summer I tend to wear T-shirts, shorts, and my running shoes if I'm wearing shoes at all. Seriously, it gets blazing hot outside. If I'm outside, it's because it's 6:00 AM and I have to go running. I don't like shoes inside.

During other seasons, though, I usually wear jeans, a t-shirt, and one of my various jackets/hoodies. (knowledge bowl, math team, et cetera. They're warm.) Wintertime is the best time for my awesome green trenchcoat, though. I can walk places without freezing to death.

Formal occasions... I don't have many, but when I do, I wear my school-issued wind ensemble tuxedo. Or my slacks and one button-up shirt and singular tie.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

anzki4

• Bay Watcher
  • On the wings of maybe
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2011, 11:05:54 am »

Pants: College pants or jeans.
Shirt: Depends on temperature; hoodie or T-Shirt.
Jacket: Leather jacket during winters, nothing during other seasons.
Hat: Never!

timotheus

• Bay Watcher
  • New to Dwarf Fortress.. Long time ASCII gamer..
    • View Profile
    • Home
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2011, 11:14:15 am »

Summertime, which means cargo shorts and button collared short sleeve shirts for me. When I'm home, it's cargo shorts and a t-shirt.

My wife knits, and so I have an awesome scarf ready for cooler weather. :)
twitter: @timotheus
email: tim@hithlonde.com
xmpp: tim@hithlonde.com

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2011, 12:54:12 pm »

I don't care about how I look or what people think of what I wear.

I still have cloths that were hand-me-downs or salvation army rejects 20 years ago.

At work I wear khaki's in khaki, black, blue, gray or whatever color I happen to have and button up collared short sleeve shirts.

I don't like slacks, to thin. I don't like jeans, to thick.

I tend to prefer practical clothing, cargo pants and t-shirts and comfortable running shoes or boots.

Though I have so many Khaki and button up shirts that I bought for work after college that I wear those mostly instead.

Cloths shopping is something I rarely do for myself and do not enjoy being dragged along for.

I don't live in places where coats, scarves and such are required even in the winter.

Why am I posting in this thread?
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2011, 01:11:14 pm »

ALso guys with short hair and a nice face, use hair paste.
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

Hubris Incalculable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2011, 01:20:23 pm »

What i like to wear tends towards the emulation of Regency and Victorian dress (big coats, cravats, top hats, etc.), when i'm in the mood. otherwise it's whatever's in reach that matches the weather.
Code: (Bay 12 Lower Boards IRC) [Select]
server = irc.darkmyst.net
channel = #bay12lb

timotheus

• Bay Watcher
  • New to Dwarf Fortress.. Long time ASCII gamer..
    • View Profile
    • Home
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2011, 01:45:03 pm »

Why am I posting in this thread?

I asked myself the same question.
twitter: @timotheus
email: tim@hithlonde.com
xmpp: tim@hithlonde.com

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2011, 02:48:39 pm »

I uh... I throw on a t-shirt, shorts, and sandals. Let's just say I'm not the person one goes to for fashion advice.

Yep.

Only problem I often have is I have so much trouble finding clothes that fit.

"Medium" never seems to be as much of a standard as I hope, when shopping, and even jeans of the same sizes tend to fit differently.

Drives me crazy..

Yeah, I hate that. Pants that fit well are even harder to find.
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2011, 04:02:57 pm »

I wear long jeans and plain t-shirts, all year, every year, no piercings, no items, Final Destination.

When it gets cold I like to wear hoodies and used to wear heaver jackets in the deeply cold part of winter, but they make me paranoid because stupid fucks at my school seem to like going around and putting random objects into people's hoods when they aren't looking. I swear, if I ever catch someone trying to do that to me, there will be blood.

I used to like fingerless gloves, although I never actually wore them. In retrospect this seems like a good idea, as now I think they'd make me look like.....I don't really know how to put it, but they'd make me look really, really, really bad.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2011, 06:46:11 pm »

I remember a few times when I pulled off the Trenchcoat 'Humphry Bogart' look, and that was in the streets of Cologne, Paris and in Bruge. Paris especially, since it's got this seemingly immortal charm to it that suits the outfit perfectly.

If I can find pictures I'll post them.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2011, 07:30:04 pm »

I like...umm... t-shirts and hoodies. :3

My family's kinda poor, so I don't go out shopping for clothes very often. I have weather-appropriate clothing for only a week in summer and in winter, I only have really embarrassing sweaters to keep me warm, so I wear hoodies every day of the week.

I'm also in sort of an odd predicament in terms of shirts. Y'see, when I was younger, I was a bit chubby, so I had large shirts. When I went into high-school, I ended up in gym, exercising, and not eating lunch because I preferred to play in the piano rooms instead of going to the cafeteria and being among all those...people. Also, when I got into high-school, my growth pretty much stopped. So I have these large shirts that are slightly big on me now, even though I bought them like two years ago. Now I go for mediums, which fit me really well and I like them much better.
Also often called Boowells.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2011, 07:32:27 pm »

I wear socks with sandals and nobody will ever make me change!
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2011, 07:33:15 pm »

I think I was successful today.  Many people stared at me, and one smiled like she'd seen someone in a Santa costume.

Well-done, Vector :3
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 [2] 3