Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: ITT: Best/Most Amazing/Mostest Deliscious food your dwarves have made.  (Read 5275 times)

Kumquat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

With a severe case of eggsplosion, everything my cooks have to work with are eggs, flours, dwarf sugar and dwarf syrup, and the occasional piece of royal jelly. No cooking of anything that has any other use or can be edible raw.

So what's the result?

DWARFCAKES!

ext0l

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A plump helmet roast made with plump helmets, plump helmets, plump helmets and more plump helmets, all of varying cuts.

MMMMM, SO REDUNDANT
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Fen

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretly A Kobold Werebull
    • View Profile

My dwarves eat plump helmets and drink plump helmet wine. Mostly because I've just recently managed keeping them alive and boozed more than a couple years and have new, more important things to learn to do (like seiges). But also because I'm a lazy, lazy fort-ruler.
This space for rent

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

Currently the few non-tallow items i can find are prickle berry bisquits.
Exceptionally minced pyreling mushroom for the bread and exceptionally minced prickle berry intrusions for a sweet and spicy snack.

There's also a well-prepared beef stew stack, featuring cow meat, cow intestines, and cow lung. Definitely better than pure voracious cave crawler fat bisquits...

and a horse cheese stew also featuring pig cheese and dwarven pig meat.

The least appatizing? Woody wyvern tallow mash. Two helpings of mushy, kinda chunky woody wyvern fat in a bowl. I HATE the taste and texture of gristle from ribs or steak IRL. This is nothing but fried fat.

There are so many masterworks though. My chefs are amazing. Just need to have tallow stored by the soapmaker's shops and forbid it as cooking ingredients...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

BodyGripper

• Bay Watcher
  • The dog is screaming.
    • View Profile

In my imagination, Rock Nuts are actual edible stones.

I imagine they're kinda like Grape Nuts.  In other words, I agree.
"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry... It's okay to sell quivers..."
I just ripped open a lions throat by biting it. Who's the lion now, bitch!

zehive

• Bay Watcher
  • [DRAGONFIREBREATH]
    • View Profile

*looks at fort overview
*4,000 meat, 2,500 drink, 200 plant, 1800 other (cheese?)
my dorfs like meat and cheese and booze

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile

*looks at fort overview
*4,000 meat, 2,500 drink, 200 plant, 1800 other (cheese?)
my dorfs like meat and cheese and booze

Do you buy all the meat-n-cheese fast food and cheap booze off the caravans?

Is anyone else bothered by how dwarven cooks mince everything, including liquids?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beef_mince
Note that minced meat is known as ground meat in north america. The lazy dwarven cook tosses all of the ingredients into a blender or grinder, and then bakes/stews the results into biscuits, stew, or roasts.

Mushroo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is anyone else bothered by how dwarven cooks mince everything, including liquids?
Note that minced meat is known as ground meat in north america. The lazy dwarven cook tosses all of the ingredients into a blender or grinder, and then bakes/stews the results into biscuits, stew, or roasts.

Dwarfen "cooking" involves no heat, fuel, or utensils... they just chop it all up, mince it together, and eat it with their hands. Kind of like a tartar, I guess.

Elisebambi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

if there are no utensils, what do they chop it with? Karate doesn't exist in and fort I know of. B:

BodyGripper

• Bay Watcher
  • The dog is screaming.
    • View Profile

if there are no utensils, what do they chop it with? Karate doesn't exist in and fort I know of. B:

No, but biting does.  ;D
"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry... It's okay to sell quivers..."
I just ripped open a lions throat by biting it. Who's the lion now, bitch!

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Beard-Fu, their bristles are hardened by years of constant exposure to alcohol and are sharp like cheese wire.

As for food my ponies make, my forts don't tend to last much beyond the apple slices and horse meat biscuit stages.

Forumite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

They use the same thing that they always use, their beard.

My theory is that the skill of a dwarven cook is directly related to how sharp the hair in his beard is. Legendary cooks wield a beard made from thousands of sharp spikes of hair, which they cut ingredients with.
"The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit." - W. Somerset Maugham

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Therefore males make better cooks than females. ::)

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile

Dwarfen "cooking" involves no heat, fuel, or utensils... they just chop it all up, mince it together, and eat it with their hands. Kind of like a tartar, I guess.

I always assumed that the kitchen stove ran on the wood cutoffs and sawdust that the carpenter's workshop generates. When you can turn an abstract tree-sized log into a door, bed, or small bucket, something has to happen to the byproducts.

Canon trumps assumptions though, and they definitely chop/blend, "cook", and eat with hands. They don't even use the goblets that they make to drink alcohol, preferring to do keg stands instead.

Elisebambi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

:O HOLY SHIT...

I just

got...

Rhesus Pecieus
Pages: 1 [2] 3