Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Deadliest Game RTD (Turn 3: Scurrysnipe)  (Read 7492 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Deadliest Game RTD
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2011, 02:11:15 am »

I think it's because both you and I had the same idea at the same time-make a character that deserves whats going to happen to him, so we don't feel let down when he dies.

Also, we both were thinking of cowboys for some reason...  ???
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2011, 02:19:55 am »

I think it's because both you and I had the same idea at the same time-make a character that deserves whats going to happen to him, so we don't feel let down when he dies.

Also, we both were thinking of cowboys for some reason...  ???

Exactly right on the scumbag thing, he can still be a badass but I'll cheer when he's dead too.

I was actually thinking of the musketeers, not cowboys, hence the flintlock instead of a revolver. I just didn't want a single shot weapon, which considering the time period only left me with a few options. I picked the coolest one I could think of. :P
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2011, 02:30:10 am »

Almost done with the characters we have, but I'm having a bit of trouble coming up with a special ability for the kobold. Dwarmin, you have any preferences or ideas on that?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2011, 02:53:01 am »

Turn 0: Definitely Not Kansas

You all wake up and go through the usual routine: Where is this? Not home. Are you dead? Maybe it's that place... no, wrong temperature. Never seen these kinds of trees. Does the sun look normal? Why do you feel like you're being hunted...?

Then you notice your companions. For whatever reason you can communicate with them just fine, and decide not to kill them. In fact, you think it'd be better if you stuck together. Something's not right here, and there's strength in numbers...

Then you find it. A raised stone circle, with what seems to be a textured map on its surface. It must have been the work of a very, very detailed craftsman... or some kind of mechanical process. A tiny stone circle in its center seems to serve as confirmation of where you are.

That's when you notice a very slight tint of color to most of the map. Like it's marking territory or something. You get the feeling that if you can get out of the tinted region... well, you're not sure what would happen then, but you suspect it'll have its advantages. Trouble is, that looks like a long way... and if there's something out there, it'd surely know you'd probably make for the border...

In any case, most of the map looks colored like forest or jungle, but there seem to be swampier, rockier, etc. regions here and there. You could probably make your way through just about any type of relatively hot, humid terrain on your way out. You'd best do something, though- whatever it is likely won't wait for you to make up your minds.

Spoiler: Characters (click to show/hide)

I've decided to start with the 5, and then add more along the way. First order of business is picking a route and getting a move on.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2011, 02:55:34 am »

Name: Hikari Shizume
Profession: Assassin (Ninja, Alternate Timeline, Magic Exist)
Description: Silver Hair, Silver Eyes, 5 Ft. 10 In., 135 Lbs, Scars up, and down both arms, Slash Mark across chest
Bio: Hikari grew up in a remote area of Feudal Japan where he was chained froom the time he was born to be an assassin. When he turned 11 he began his job as an assassin, and began killing people of course through this he developed the ability to seal away his emotions, and become apathectic towards everyone. He also learned several forbidden sword arts that drew on the players health to increase his stregth, and speed which he used often to bypass guards, and kill his targets.
Skills:
+2 to Stealth
+2 to Melee Combat
Special Item: Hirakisha, The Crescent Moon Blade (Magical Item, Stronger at Night, Strongest during Crescent Moons, Katana)
Trophy: Necklace of Beads (129 Beads, Represents How many he has killed), and bag of beads (500 Beads)

Well there is mine.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
Re: Deadliest Game RTD (Turn 0: Definitely Not Kansas)
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2011, 02:57:39 am »

Adwarf, what did I say about using assassins as characters! /joke

Look around for anything useful or out of the ordinary.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2011, 03:10:33 am »

Spoiler: New Character (click to show/hide)

adwarf, you're in for this turn and may act as normal.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2011, 03:12:06 am »

Look for something useful, or out of the ordinary

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2011, 03:12:46 am »

Copycat >:(
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2011, 03:17:01 am »

Copycat >:(
Well it seemed like a good action.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2011, 04:21:01 am »

Daegun was in one of his more rare pensive moods, this was clearly part of the trials of perdition. The little demon, the living statue and the three other strangely clad men were a part of it, though he could not figure how. They were clearly foreigners, their weapons and clothing shouted it, perhaps old ghosts, perhaps people like him. For now there was no point in wasting shot and powder on them. For now.

Squatting over the stonework he traced the lines with a finger, well made by a master craftsman, but then again the inferno would have the greatest pagan craftsman who ever died to choose from wouldn't it? Shaking his head he continued tracing the diagram, trying to find the most open path. He did not like the trees, he was not at home in the forest and there were too many places for whatever forces of the infernal chose to pit against him to lie in wait in the dense growth. His mouth quirked as he idly wondered what it would be like to kill a demon... What color would that stain your soul?

Find a rocky path with less trees than the rest of the jungle.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2011, 07:19:55 am »

Realising Daegun ahd the right idea about going where you can see them, because it is highly likely they will eventualy find the group, green focuses on storying solar energy to use in the almost inevitable fights ahead
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2011, 08:36:34 am »

Dwrizzt thought this place felt a little too real for the afterlife. But why bother with questions? He had always accepted what life had given him...all he knew was, a moment ago, he was missing his left arm, and his knife was jutting out of the Crocs foot, and his bows had been snapped in two. He should be digesting in the belly of the Croc right now, a fitting tribute to a greater Hunter at least...but something had changed. He was whole, and his weapons were whole. No time for questions.

He wonderered who all these people were-The Green Rock creature, and smiling man with the iron tool, and two sallow looking men with weapons he supposed were clubs. They were long, and made of metal and wood, hollowed out in the center...hmm. Maybe some sort of self propelled blowgun?

He speaks to the others

"Don't know who you are...I've always worked alone before, though. I'm heading toward the swampy area. we'll throw off any scent we leave behind...it should be as hard to move for them as us, unless they have wings-then we're in trouble. Whose following me?"

He didn't stop to talk or argue, he merely turned around and began making his way through the underbrush, seeing if anyone would follow.

Action: Move toward a swampy path with overhanging vegetation
--------------------
Almost done with the characters we have, but I'm having a bit of trouble coming up with a special ability for the kobold. Dwarmin, you have any preferences or ideas on that?

Trophy Hunter seems a bit strange. Do I get trophies from killing hunters? Other players? Most of the trophies are just cosmetic...

If I had to choose one myself other than that, I would probably take the ability to move through any hard terrain without difficulty, perhaps at a penalty to general movement speed if it was too strong. If you can explain Trophy Hunter, I might still keep that.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2011, 09:47:34 am »

Philip looks around, surveying the jungle and the other people hes stuck with. Although hes surprised at seeing a bunch of living crystals, he hides it well. Knowing how important camoflouge is, he begins to rub mud on his pale skin in order to darken it.  Use mud as extra camo
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 10:21:20 am by jc6036 »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2011, 04:34:04 pm »

Trophy Hunter seems a bit strange. Do I get trophies from killing hunters? Other players? Most of the trophies are just cosmetic...
Both. If you manage to relatively fairly take out another player, hunter, or in some cases lesser NPC, you can claim a trophy from it, which gives you a bonus.

Something to improve moving through rough terrain would work also, though.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 04:35:43 pm by IronyOwl »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5