Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Deadliest Game RTD (Turn 3: Scurrysnipe)  (Read 7488 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Deadliest Game RTD (Turn 3: Scurrysnipe)
« on: July 15, 2011, 11:21:53 pm »

Soldier. Mercenary. Assassin. Shaman. Cyborg. Sorcerer. Whatever you are, and wherever you came from, you're here now- a jungle you've never seen before. And somehow, you get the feeling you know why. Maybe you've heard stories of something similar. Maybe it's a hunch. Maybe you've done this yourself. Whatever it is, you're here because you're dangerous. Deadly. A force to be reckoned with, back home.

Here? They like deadly game. It's good sport.

They'll be coming soon. Better find any backup you can and get moving- you get the feeling they've been doing this far too long to bite off more than they can chew. And that means you've got a problem.

Spoiler: Character Creation (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Rules (click to show/hide)

I'll take 6 players to start, but that number might go up or down (probably up).

WARNING: This RTD is rather nonstandard, and may be frustrating and pointless to many. Please consider whether being hunted down like an animal, failing miserably to harm your assailant, and then being flayed alive and worn as a cloak is fun to you before joining. There are very, very few easy victories to be had, and greater victories will be very, very rare.

Waiting List:

kilakan
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 05:12:44 pm by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
Re: Deadliest Game RTD
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2011, 01:03:01 am »

Name: Philip Kingston.   

Profession: Assassain. 

Description: Tall and slim, he is decked out in black clothing. He has several gold teeth.

Proficencies:Stealth, or quick and efficint hiding.  Firearms, Philip is particularly good with a sniper rifle and pistols. 

Skills: Scouting and Fire fight 

Trophy Item:4 gold teeth.   

Mini Bio: Philip was a world traveling assassain, and was one of the best and most dangerous. A mission gone awry sent him into hiding for about a month. He took one last job, realizing he was beginning to lose his edge. In the chaos of the hit, he was knocked unconcious, and woke up here.   
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 10:19:16 am by jc6036 »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2011, 01:06:31 am »

Sounds cool. Making sheet now.

Here's to horrible death!

Jc6036: You should fix that. It looks sloppy.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2011, 01:09:31 am »

(bah. I wrote that from a cell phone. Will have it fixed within 48 hours, though.)

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2011, 01:10:37 am »

Name: Jacob Charleson.

Profession: Mechanic

Description: Tall and fragile looking, with brown hair and eyes.

Bio: A regular mechanic, with a good amount of knowledge of mechanical parts.

Stat Bonuses: Traps and Melee.

Special Item: Bag of Mechanical Parts.

Trophy Item: Battered Wrench.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 01:17:40 am by Bdthemag »
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2011, 01:12:27 am »

Name: Daegan, Black Saint of Murderers and the Wrathful.
Appearance: Dark haired, brown eyed, 5'11" tall, lightly built.
Bio: Daegan was Born 1621, he died in 1649.  Daegan had one great passion in his life, and that was for fury. He was addicted to the raw adrenaline soaked fury that took him by moods, a gift from an alcohol soaked father and a mother of somewhat negotiable virtue. He grew to love only the times when wrath blinded him from everything else, when he transcended humanity to become something else, a conduit of destruction and hatred... Beauty, what was its use besides to make those who did not have it lament their lot. What was faith but something to shame those who you branded your lessers with. What was love but a desperate attempt to climb out of the muck of your life like so many rats on a sinking ship. Wrath, wrath stripped away the trappings and left nothing but a simple question, Do I have the power to destroy you, or do I not?

Daegan killed his Father with the mans own triple barreled flintlock when he was fourteen, his mother and the man who had bought her followed on an hour afterwards. On June 9th, 1649 he was sentenced to hang by the neck until dead for the murders of sixteen men, nine women, two children, and an unknown number of poor souls who had died in a burning church.

Now he doesn't know where he is, the only thing he has is the noose that snapped his neck and the gun he killed with.

Exceptional Talents: +2 to Firefighting, +2 to Mobility
Special Item: Triple Barreled Flintlock
Trophy Drop: Hangman's noose.

"A man like him has a great empty hole right through the middle of him. He can never kill enough or steal enough or inflict enough pain to ever fill it."
"What does he need?"
"Revenge."
"For What?"
"Being born."
-Tombstone
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 01:14:06 am by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2011, 01:13:27 am »

Damnit, now I have to re-do my character sheet so it looks as good as Draignean's.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Welcome to Reality.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2011, 01:14:20 am »

(would those be acceptable skills, or should we only use those on your list?)
Descriptions like that are fine, as they give me ideas for any equipment and special abilities. You still need to pick two of the listed skills to get your starting bonus in, though.

Also, I suppose it's not terribly clear, but the defensive use of "scouting" is of course not being found, so it's essentially stealth.

@Bdthemag: Also, they're only interested in big game. Regular mechanics don't count. >:(
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2011, 01:18:39 am »

Descriptions like that are fine, as they give me ideas for any equipment and special abilities. You still need to pick two of the listed skills to get your starting bonus in, though.

Also, I suppose it's not terribly clear, but the defensive use of "scouting" is of course not being found, so it's essentially stealth.

@Bdthemag: Also, they're only interested in big game. Regular mechanics don't count. >:(
How about a BIG GAME MECHANIC? He builds machines....for big game.
Welcome to Reality.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2011, 01:21:00 am »

How about a BIG GAME MECHANIC? He builds machines....for big game.

Like what?

An automatic sharpener for bear claws?

A mechanical nose wiper for moose?

Submarine Propellers and sonar systems for water buffalo?
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2011, 01:23:13 am »

There's really not going to be enough tools and materials around for him to routinely fashion vehicles or robots, if that's what you mean. ???

Also damn it, now I'm thinking about a moose with windshield wipers on and it's hilarious. Submarine buffalo are pretty good too.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2011, 01:35:12 am »

I was thinking of joining before I realized that death would likely make me sad.

So, instead, maybe I'll just watch and wait to see horrible horrible deaths and hopefully I'll have the want to join afterwards. :P
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2011, 01:44:50 am »

Name: An aestheticaly pleasing humanoid arrangement of green crystals, (call it green)
Appearence: other than what the name states, the crystals vary in hue, and Green is verry pointy

Bio: From another dimention, Green is tyoican of it's "spiecies" excepting the fact that it has re-arranged it'self to appear humanoid so as to better fit in. As a being of crystal Green can channel and store energy, in fact, green lives just from the energy from the sun. But would require water and minerals to replace any removed material. However the humans found it very hard to adjust to green, hence it's current predicament.

Exceptional Talents: +2 to Bladed Fighting, +2 to Energy combat
Special Item: (cant realy think of one)
Trophy Drop: A pile of living green crystals with the origional central sentience gone
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2011, 01:47:40 am »

Name: Dwrizzt
Profession: Kobold Hunter
Bio: Dwrizzt is a Kobold Hunter-probably the best in his underground realm, stalking through Giant Mushroom Jungles and cramped caverns with his deadly bow and humble knife. Perhaps he was too good though...his prey rarely escaped him. His tribe was well fed and protected when he was on the prowl. When he was told he could hunt other people for money-it sounded good to him. His life was one mark after another after that-but he made sure they were worthy kills. Fair kills. What they were accused of didn't matter to him. He made sure to take a piece from every single one.

He must have slain at least two dozen wanted men and women before he reached the end of it all. It was no man that laid him low-no, it was but a large Cave Crocodile, hungry and desperate and he made one...just that one mistake. Too slow.

Bloodied, beaten, and disarmed, he was rudely forced into the creatures mouth to be swallowed whole. A humiliating end. Dwrizzt decided on whim to make one final prayer-not that he had ever believed in any sort of God-that he be given another chance. He wasn't ready to die. He asked the powers that be to let him be the hunter again, and...

He found himself here. Maybe the Gods had decided to spare him after all.

Skills:
+2 to Ambush
+2 to Archery

Special Item: Finaly honed Recurve Longbow made for the springy legjoints of a Giant Cave Cricket, along with arrows made from Hollowed Elf Bones.

Trophy:Hunters Tooth Necklace-one from everything and everyone he's ever killed (one can see the progression as they trace it from left to right...from smaller beasts...to larger beasts...to humanoids...)

Also, Draignean had my exact idea. I had this up before I saw his. Freaky.  :o

Spoiler: Aborted Character (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 01:54:38 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2011, 01:54:17 am »

Also, Draignean had my exact idea. I had this up before I saw his. Freaky.  :o

Spoiler: Aborted Character (click to show/hide)

Right down to being hung... A few details are different, but a multi-barrel flinlock is really the revolver's spiritual precursor, and they were both royal assholes to boot.

That is weird.

???

---
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5