Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 51

Author Topic: Hell: After the End (HATEmoo)  (Read 103598 times)

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hell: After the End (HATEmoo)
« Reply #450 on: May 27, 2012, 11:13:19 pm »

So far, aside from generic nerfs like Lmap and cwho, none of the things specifically affects the corp most of us are in. However, Galick just abyssed, and I know that Stabs and Zodin just abyssed as well. Other players seem to just be leaving or spending most of their time trying to convince the admins to alter course. Ironically, right before these latest changes,the game was going smashingly well. Fights were occuring pretty much constantly, and you could easily snag yourself a set of endgame armor just by everyone piling in to help a corpmate who got jumped. Heck, I haven't had any armor crafted for me yet, and I started naked. Now, though, people are leery to play alts at all, and though everyone is still ganging up on Morgan, other fights just aren't happening because EVERYONE wants to kill him and WKD.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: May 28, 2012, 06:05:48 am »

All this talk of Mada going MAD WITH POWER is really killing my semi boner to play HATE again. Is it really getting back to the point of CarebearMOO, where godmins figured that driving off players was all well and good as long as they had their game, their way?
To be honest, I think this is a case of mob mentality. Ban was dissatisfied with the vendetta/morgan thing and this had been simmering for a while. So when the cwho, lmap and stickycam changes came around and they didn't like it it got put in the pot with the rest of the animosity.
Now, Mada's PR skills does not really help but other than this haven't there been a lot of good changes recently?
And its not like its final either.

tl;dr people is jumping the gun

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: May 28, 2012, 08:15:57 am »

So, is the original HellMOO still going? I want to get back into this game, but apparently all the dram that caused the split in the first place moved to HateMOO. Maybe the original one is still there and is less drama-ish by now?

Heck, what was the original reason for the split? I remember something about the admins of HellMOO nerfing PvP and going CareBear-y?
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: May 28, 2012, 08:34:44 am »

Tl:Dr version: Gilmore went crazy, made some shitty XP change due to people getting all angry about griefing, i.e xp change made everyone the same xp no matter when they were created and xp was gained daily, not in grind. Obviously that was shit and was removed, but then the thing split due to anger between different admins.

Tl:Dr Express: Hatemoo has shitty admin, low numbers and PvP, Hellmoo has shitty admins, high numbers and no PvP.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: May 28, 2012, 09:20:14 am »

So, is the original HellMOO still going? I want to get back into this game, but apparently all the dram that caused the split in the first place moved to HateMOO. Maybe the original one is still there and is less drama-ish by now?
Up until a few days ago there was no drama afaik

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: May 28, 2012, 10:28:50 am »

Tl:Dr Express: Hatemoo has shitty admin, low numbers and PvP, Hellmoo has shitty admins, high numbers and no PvP.

Pretty much this. The lack of pvp in hellmoo kill the purpose of the game, and the low numbers and shitty admins of hatemoo causes the gameplay to blend with the godmins personal feelings about the game, rather then what the players like/what would be best for it. Hatemoo won't become carebearmoo 2.0, but its trying really hard to drive players away.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: May 28, 2012, 09:16:12 pm »

Up until a few days ago there was no drama afaik
He's right. Drama started trickling in at the start of May, and now its full blown reality tv show.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: May 29, 2012, 02:54:21 pm »

Eh, in that case I'll go with HellMOO. I far prefer carebearing over admin drama.
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: May 29, 2012, 03:15:24 pm »

noo. join uuuussss....
really, the drama is generated by players more like it.

Jafferey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: May 30, 2012, 05:36:50 am »

Well logging in right now i see 12 players on HateMOO and 67 players on HellMOO ,

so .... i cant really play if there are only 12 players ....

zombat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: May 30, 2012, 06:52:10 am »

Is the grind on hellmoo still a bitch compared to hatemoo?

Android

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: May 30, 2012, 12:19:04 pm »

derp, misread

play hatemoo

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: May 30, 2012, 03:17:02 pm »

Well logging in right now i see 12 players on HateMOO and 67 players on HellMOO ,

so .... i cant really play if there are only 12 players ....

There is ups and downs with the population, but that was the case with hellmoo before the split too.
I have not played hell since before the split so i kinda want to know, what keeps you interested in a game developed around and for pvp under many years if they remove the pvp?

Jafferey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: May 30, 2012, 04:01:51 pm »

I only just started again, havent really done much yet.

But i think you can still do pvp if you go hardcore. I'm imagining that would suck since it would take so long to grind skills back and be really easy to die.

I agree though pvp is what makes the game interesting. I'm just gonna grind up a bit and see what things are like going hardcore mode and doing pvp.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: May 30, 2012, 04:13:40 pm »

Apparently there are ways to do PvP without being an outlaw... I'm not sure exactly, but apparently wearing a fursuit allows you to attack people now. :P
I agree that Hellmoo needs more Pvp, though. I hope they implement some sort of Corp vs Corp stuff before long.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 51