Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 51

Author Topic: Hell: After the End (HATEmoo)  (Read 103591 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Hell: After the End (HATEmoo)
« Reply #435 on: May 27, 2012, 04:14:43 am »

Giving a quick skim through the thread right now. Ah such fond memories such as me, randall, and some girl camping on top of the ultor building or whatever it was with our piss keg into the dead of night, when we all decided to throw each other and the gear off the building. Shame I was attempting to stuff the parachute back into the pack after I jumped off instead of deploying it....

Wait, wasn't I a part of that?  Maybe I was up camping on a rooftop with someone else...  I distinctly remember somehow pissing off one of the security guards to the point that he'd pop out of the roof hatch and obliterate me every now and then, so one of my camping buddies had to use my own defibber on me.  I was so brain-damaged by the end of that I was basically just a husk to be experimented on by my corpmates.

I wonder if I should give HATE a go...  I'm really not sure.  I remember a lot of good times in Hell, but I also remember it eating up a lot of time in order to do anything useful, and also eating up a lot of my sanity watching the same two or three socially inept dorks masturbating by senselessly slaughtering everyone significantly weaker than them and wrecking their shit.

I mean, slaughtering and shitwrecking is all well and fine, really...  Good sportsmanship and all that.  But it gets to be irritating when the person doing it is just a generally lame person, that you of course have no chance of sticking it to by means of revenge.

Getting GOKU-bom trapped in our corp HQ was hysterical fun though.  Although, a better description is probably the dwarf fortress definition of "fun".

Also, I tend to enjoy making characters that are by NO means the most effective at being a godly (or even good) build.  My old character of the Scientific Bill E. Goat Chudmerican was living, walking, doobie-munching proof of this.

As such, I'd probably try and create some stupid build that would just get itself killed.  Like a brains/cool focus to make chump change through scamming and haggling, while taking a sideline into pistols or daggers or something instead of goddamn whips (not that I have anything particular against whips, mind, I just hate being *shit* at whips and still having to use them.  I've also considered making a whip-based char).  Or maybe a zombie preacher or something.  Or a drunkard.

Heck, I don't know, but I know it'd be crap...  Which would be awesome except for the fact that the old Hell was based almost solely around combat.  Sure, there were some oddjobs and sidelines and whatnot, but you only really got anywhere by killing stuff.  I *still* think they need some new contract ideas to support other skills...

In any case, I'd probably play a chick this time around.  Get knocked up and whatnot.  And yes, I do have fond memories of the bat closet at WOMBAT...  Haha.

So how are things?  And did Stabs ever get my Christmas present I sent him a couple years ago (geez, has it been that long)?

zombat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: May 27, 2012, 04:40:32 am »

I wonder if anyone remembers Zom 'why the fuck are you an abom not a zombie'

Galick

• Bay Watcher
  • Dolly says you can help me...can you help me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: May 27, 2012, 05:56:32 am »

Welp
I rage quit.  Enjoy the game everybody.

.salute
Damn you google, why are you always so far away? Sitting at the top of my interwebs window, mocking me with you easy information. You are the prostitute of the internet.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: May 27, 2012, 11:56:14 am »

Giving a quick skim through the thread right now. Ah such fond memories such as me, randall, and some girl camping on top of the ultor building or whatever it was with our piss keg into the dead of night, when we all decided to throw each other and the gear off the building. Shame I was attempting to stuff the parachute back into the pack after I jumped off instead of deploying it....

Wait, wasn't I a part of that?  Maybe I was up camping on a rooftop with someone else...  I distinctly remember somehow pissing off one of the security guards to the point that he'd pop out of the roof hatch and obliterate me every now and then, so one of my camping buddies had to use my own defibber on me.  I was so brain-damaged by the end of that I was basically just a husk to be experimented on by my corpmates.

I wonder if I should give HATE a go...  I'm really not sure.  I remember a lot of good times in Hell, but I also remember it eating up a lot of time in order to do anything useful, and also eating up a lot of my sanity watching the same two or three socially inept dorks masturbating by senselessly slaughtering everyone significantly weaker than them and wrecking their shit.

I mean, slaughtering and shitwrecking is all well and fine, really...  Good sportsmanship and all that.  But it gets to be irritating when the person doing it is just a generally lame person, that you of course have no chance of sticking it to by means of revenge.

Getting GOKU-bom trapped in our corp HQ was hysterical fun though.  Although, a better description is probably the dwarf fortress definition of "fun".

Also, I tend to enjoy making characters that are by NO means the most effective at being a godly (or even good) build.  My old character of the Scientific Bill E. Goat Chudmerican was living, walking, doobie-munching proof of this.

As such, I'd probably try and create some stupid build that would just get itself killed.  Like a brains/cool focus to make chump change through scamming and haggling, while taking a sideline into pistols or daggers or something instead of goddamn whips (not that I have anything particular against whips, mind, I just hate being *shit* at whips and still having to use them.  I've also considered making a whip-based char).  Or maybe a zombie preacher or something.  Or a drunkard.

Heck, I don't know, but I know it'd be crap...  Which would be awesome except for the fact that the old Hell was based almost solely around combat.  Sure, there were some oddjobs and sidelines and whatnot, but you only really got anywhere by killing stuff.  I *still* think they need some new contract ideas to support other skills...

In any case, I'd probably play a chick this time around.  Get knocked up and whatnot.  And yes, I do have fond memories of the bat closet at WOMBAT...  Haha.

So how are things?  And did Stabs ever get my Christmas present I sent him a couple years ago (geez, has it been that long)?
I remember that, so maybe I was the girl? Also being a chick is great because pregnancy. I tried to get back into HATE by creating an illithid wizard after the mindflayer mut came out but I just didn't have the time to make it worthwhile.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: May 27, 2012, 12:52:28 pm »

Whips are an extremely viable choice right now, but I'm kinda with Galick. I'm gonna hang around, see if anything changes, but the current admin structure reminds me of Data WAY back in the early days of BS12. Senate seemed to boil down to "It's my game, I'll do what I want even if it is blatantly unfair," from Mada. At least when the goons were playing half the player base was favored, instead of just one person.

Kagus, almost any build is viable now, really. I'm a freak gunner with a crapton of science. Kinda funny how effective and scary it is to be someone who can blink rapidfire and portalgun at the same time.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: May 27, 2012, 01:52:00 pm »

I haven't had any problem with the recent changes and I just think mada made an uninformed decision and then stubbornly stuck with it.
Seems more like its less about the issue and more about "i'm right, you're wrong" from both sides.

Dirg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: May 27, 2012, 03:34:41 pm »

Don't think it was you Kagus, only deaths that night was all 3 of us falling off the building, wether it was shoving or jumping.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: May 27, 2012, 03:44:31 pm »

I had a successful zombie going on a few months ago but I got bored because pretty much nothing seemed to be going on. After mindflayer got in it seems the development has slowed down considerably. Also, mada makes sure to to go "THIS IS MY GAME" everytime someone questions him/her/it about hellmoo and what will happen to it in the future, instead of considering any kind of suggestions. Hellmoo just seems to have got a fair bit more boring without the drama that oldmoo had :C

Don't think I'm going to try it again unless it gets some content/feature boost. Without the drama hellmoo is sort of bland. No one seems to be using mosquitos to drop active mininukes or using portalguns to cause a dino invasion. The removal of brainslug also made things a fair bit less hilarious, even though it was a massive money drain.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 03:46:17 pm by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: May 27, 2012, 03:46:24 pm »

The thing is people play hatemoo because they don't like the changes to hellmoo, and these recent changes are slowly bringing hate closer to what hell is. Then there's the undeniable bias against certain players. BAN can't get an HQ because of who it's leaders are. Which is silly because there's always been animosity between certain admins and players but if it was ever translated into the game another admin would step in. But there arent any of those kinds of admins around anymore it seems. I'm still going to play but if things get worse I don't know.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: May 27, 2012, 03:49:53 pm »

Oh yea, there's that as well. Admins abusing their powers because they have some sort of silly grudge against some players have been killing the experience for players as of late. It wasn't a problem some months back when I played though, at least I didn't suffer from it.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: May 27, 2012, 04:54:06 pm »

BAN can't get an HQ because of who it's leaders are.
I think there was some problem with HQs which was said in the senate?

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: May 27, 2012, 06:51:37 pm »

BAN can't get an HQ because of who it's leaders are.
I think there was some problem with HQs which was said in the senate?

Yeah, vend and others kept trying to get that info from mada and were being ignored/kicked from zot.

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: May 27, 2012, 10:22:12 pm »

... the current admin structure reminds me of Data WAY back in the early days of BS12. Senate seemed to boil down to "It's my game, I'll do what I want even if it is blatantly unfair," from Mada. ...

Heh, shit, good comparison.

Galick

• Bay Watcher
  • Dolly says you can help me...can you help me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: May 27, 2012, 10:24:39 pm »

... the current admin structure reminds me of Data WAY back in the early days of BS12. Senate seemed to boil down to "It's my game, I'll do what I want even if it is blatantly unfair," from Mada. ...

Heh, shit, good comparison.

Pretty much.  Apparently Mada doesn't grasp that he's the proud owner of an empty server if every player just up and leaves.
Damn you google, why are you always so far away? Sitting at the top of my interwebs window, mocking me with you easy information. You are the prostitute of the internet.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: May 27, 2012, 10:33:31 pm »

All this talk of Mada going MAD WITH POWER is really killing my semi boner to play HATE again. Is it really getting back to the point of CarebearMOO, where godmins figured that driving off players was all well and good as long as they had their game, their way?
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 51