Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 51

Author Topic: Hell: After the End (HATEmoo)  (Read 103572 times)

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hell: After the End (HATEmoo)
« Reply #195 on: September 15, 2011, 09:28:56 am »

I farmed clowns and lobsters for xp for weeks just because I didn't know what to do next.
Yeah, try to get into a corp and if you were in one then it sucked.

and the wiki is shitty. It was shitty back in gilmoo, now it is even more shittier.
The wiki was... partially coherent at best and i assume a lot of things has changed by now.

fred1248

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 15, 2011, 09:37:38 am »

I farmed clowns and lobsters for xp for weeks just because I didn't know what to do next.
Yeah, try to get into a corp and if you were in one then it sucked.

and the wiki is shitty. It was shitty back in gilmoo, now it is even more shittier.
The wiki was... partially coherent at best and i assume a lot of things has changed by now.

I was in a fairly decent corp ran by staccato :/ He helped me out pretty nicely. Got me a whole carton of kill journals
and even brought me along his tree/ant farming from time to time. I was using 12mm flughammer and had some fun killing karnis
while in cover, but their first shot which apparently always seem to hit me due to it being faster then I type duck / cover or whatever it was. From that point I was pretty much on my own :/ He was busy doing other stuff and Karnis rape me with their guns, so I had no other real options.

Regarding wiki, some part of their original entries are actually gone, as if someone doesn't want the noobs to know that stuff. like some character building guides, (It was ported to the newer wiki If I remember correctly, but shortly removed) and some of the mutations actually got removed from the mutations list itself.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 09:39:35 am by fred1248 »
How do you deliberately crutch a dwarf who seems to have no urge to go to the hospital and be diagnosed with "walklessness?"
Break his other leg.

zombat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 15, 2011, 10:33:27 am »

Gilmoo actually has a healthy population these days, think most of the HATErs must've  flocked back there. Which is a shame because hatemoo admins are still developing their game, although some of the new hunters they added are fucking retarded and are apparently driving away what's left of the playerbase

Galick

• Bay Watcher
  • Dolly says you can help me...can you help me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 15, 2011, 12:20:31 pm »

I don't play lately mainly cause of the Freak nerf...I don't even know what it was but fuck that.  They said they implemented NDY's 'KILL THE FREAKS' *gr which I really don't wanna have anything to do with.  So, unless I find a build that's fun I'm staying out.  Anyone know a non-gimmicky build that isn't Freak or Clubs that's fun to play?
Damn you google, why are you always so far away? Sitting at the top of my interwebs window, mocking me with you easy information. You are the prostitute of the internet.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 15, 2011, 01:32:08 pm »

What exactly was the freak nerf? I missed that in the changelogs.

Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Galick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: September 15, 2011, 01:54:29 pm »

It said that it implemented NDY's Freak *gr which basically got rid of the +1 to endurance, the senses buff, the focus buff, and the ability to shop anywhere but Necro (not even the galleria), and Doc won't put implants in anymore (not a big deal since most Freaks don't use implants.)  Add to that and just having a Freak synced onto your lock makes it freely pickable (at ANY time) and what you get is nothing but bullshit and reverse stress.
Damn you google, why are you always so far away? Sitting at the top of my interwebs window, mocking me with you easy information. You are the prostitute of the internet.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 15, 2011, 02:09:41 pm »

Hmmm, interesting. Doesn't change my  planned build, but potentially makes it weaker. Depends on if they removed the numbers or just fixed the rest of it, which, admittedly, sounds like what they did. NDY is right, freak is excessively powerful, as we had demonstrated even before whips buff, but presplit it had a lot of downsides. With the expanded shopping, yeah. At that point it has no downsides.

I doubt they got rid of the numbers, because that would make it worse then chud at that point, except for reverse stress.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Galick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 15, 2011, 02:17:56 pm »

My big issue is the locks thing.  Along with losing most of the buffs.  If it got rid of the focus buff, and the endurance but kept the senses I'd be happier but I dunno what the exact changes to the numbers are.  I know they were planning on getting rid of some of them at least.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 15, 2011, 02:19:33 pm »

Eh, locks is minimal. Especially if we can get a WOMBAT set up again. The removal of corpsync is a pain, admittedly.

Galick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 15, 2011, 06:35:01 pm »

Guess I'll try one more time.  Made a new character since my old accounts were blocked (I think the admins don't like me :P) and I'm currently an orphan fucking around and trying to figure out a build.  Anyone have any suggestions?

EDIT:  Oh yeah, forgot about the powered weapon changes...literally the only top tier melee weapons I know of now are:  Hosaka Daikatanas, Fine Katanas, Urumis, Patas, and Garden Weasels.  Those are the only good ones that don't use power :I
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 06:55:41 pm by Galick »

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 15, 2011, 07:21:14 pm »

Power adapters are very lightweight now, so its still no big deal. Also, the weapons only lose power on hits.

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 15, 2011, 08:25:30 pm »

Hmmm, interesting. Doesn't change my  planned build, but potentially makes it weaker. Depends on if they removed the numbers or just fixed the rest of it, which, admittedly, sounds like what they did. NDY is right, freak is excessively powerful, as we had demonstrated even before whips buff, but presplit it had a lot of downsides. With the expanded shopping, yeah. At that point it has no downsides.

I doubt they got rid of the numbers, because that would make it worse then chud at that point, except for reverse stress.

Freak wasnt changed. At all.

Guess I'll try one more time.  Made a new character since my old accounts were blocked (I think the admins don't like me :P) and I'm currently an orphan fucking around and trying to figure out a build.  Anyone have any suggestions?

EDIT:  Oh yeah, forgot about the powered weapon changes...literally the only top tier melee weapons I know of now are:  Hosaka Daikatanas, Fine Katanas, Urumis, Patas, and Garden Weasels.  Those are the only good ones that don't use power :I

Wasteland kukris, large scythes, urumis. Adaptors were also buffed in size across the board.

For another reason why you should play: http://pastebin.com/CZMHkqpL

Nega

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lizard Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: September 15, 2011, 09:28:47 pm »

Oh god, I have to play this again.  Can I have any hints on what I should do when i make a new character, and do you want to hear a story of what I did with my old character?  ((If you are wondering, i want to start over, not remake my old character again.))

ALSO,

Here is my response to the above post.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcW_Ygs6hm0
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 09:33:19 pm by Nega »

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 15, 2011, 09:53:37 pm »

Send me a PM on here if you're restarting. I have ideas.

Edit: Is Jack Torrence really supposed to hunt you deep into the Wasteland?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 11:13:31 pm by beorn080 »

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 15, 2011, 11:28:41 pm »

I logged in, and saw there was only like, 9 people online.
What happened? Did someone actually nuke the server or something?
or did I do something retardedly wrong and logged into yet another dead server like the gilmoo?
HATE got nuked due to some server issues which caused an unexpected migration to another IP which not everyone knew about.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 51