Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 51

Author Topic: Hell: After the End (HATEmoo)  (Read 103482 times)

Sartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hell: After the End (HATEmoo)
« Reply #60 on: July 28, 2011, 05:33:45 pm »

No, you CAN stand up to them eventually. The problem is that under 100k xp, especially if you're new, there is nothing you can do against someone who knows what to do and has over 150k. Once you've figured out the game, you know the tricks to effective fighting and can do so at lower xps, but by that point you'll have normally reached 100k xp.

It's not really the admins fault. There isn't much they can do, short of constant poking of the system like spawning the black sword and such. Balance is always a joke.

In my experience, the only way to have shot at competing with some of those no-lifers and the people who know all the tricks of the moo requires a far greater investment of time that anyone with a job and/or social life can possibly commit ;)

Galick

• Bay Watcher
  • Dolly says you can help me...can you help me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 29, 2011, 11:31:58 pm »

No, you CAN stand up to them eventually. The problem is that under 100k xp, especially if you're new, there is nothing you can do against someone who knows what to do and has over 150k. Once you've figured out the game, you know the tricks to effective fighting and can do so at lower xps, but by that point you'll have normally reached 100k xp.

It's not really the admins fault. There isn't much they can do, short of constant poking of the system like spawning the black sword and such. Balance is always a joke.

If they made it undesirable to kill the lower xp people if you have above so-and-so xp, then it would fix a lot of issues.  Hell, pre-split Fat_Steve killed one of my lowbies so fucking often that it was actually a bannable offense if the admins gave a shit.  12+ times in an HOUR.
Damn you google, why are you always so far away? Sitting at the top of my interwebs window, mocking me with you easy information. You are the prostitute of the internet.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 29, 2011, 11:37:04 pm »

If they made it undesirable to kill the lower xp people if you have above so-and-so xp, then it would fix a lot of issues.  Hell, pre-split Fat_Steve killed one of my lowbies so fucking often that it was actually a bannable offense if the admins gave a shit.  12+ times in an HOUR.
Buffing the Punisher may work, since that's his actual purpose even if he's not very effective.

Galick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 29, 2011, 11:39:47 pm »

Buffing the Punisher may work, since that's his actual purpose even if he's not very effective.

There needs to be a SYSTEM fix, not just an npc who annoys you like Dan Asty.  Like, if you're above say 150k xp and you kill someone beneath 100k and YOU started the fight then you get a permanent nerf or something.  Cause jesus, this is just fucking stupid at this point.
Damn you google, why are you always so far away? Sitting at the top of my interwebs window, mocking me with you easy information. You are the prostitute of the internet.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 29, 2011, 11:45:34 pm »

There needs to be a SYSTEM fix, not just an npc who annoys you like Dan Asty.  Like, if you're above say 150k xp and you kill someone beneath 100k and YOU started the fight then you get a permanent nerf or something.  Cause jesus, this is just fucking stupid at this point.
A system fix like that just wouldn't be feasible even if possible. You'd have things like n-tags going around harassing GOKU trying to exploit the system.
Just keep newbies informed that they should page help if they're being incessantly griefed and make sure admins are handling situations properly.
High levels should be able to kill whomever they want, regardless of how low-xp they are. They just should be strongly limited from actually griefing players instead of just characters.

Sartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 30, 2011, 02:58:53 am »

A system fix like that just wouldn't be feasible even if possible. You'd have things like n-tags going around harassing GOKU trying to exploit the system.
Just keep newbies informed that they should page help if they're being incessantly griefed and make sure admins are handling situations properly.
High levels should be able to kill whomever they want, regardless of how low-xp they are. They just should be strongly limited from actually griefing players instead of just characters.

But they're not and they never will be I suspect.
Wasn't that pretty much the whole cause of the schism to begin with, some people decided they were fed up with the rampant griefing from veteran players and wanted to enforce no-pvp rules or some such, with HATE essentially being all the veteran griefers who went off to make their own game?

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 30, 2011, 09:53:54 am »

Oddly enough I haven't seen much griefing. Well except apartment robberies... which I've somehow avoided, despite having only a scanlock keeping people out of my cheap apartment (and a silver keeping people in hehe). To date I've never been random killed, and the only time I have been killed by a player was when my stress attacked Stabs (which was entertaining).
Maybe I just have some sort of voodoo protecting me that I don't know about. I've been attacked by people who wanted to do some random newbie killing. But so far they've never expressly targeted me.

That will probably change if I start hacking gangland cams.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 30, 2011, 11:00:04 am »

But they're not and they never will be I suspect.
Wasn't that pretty much the whole cause of the schism to begin with, some people decided they were fed up with the rampant griefing from veteran players and wanted to enforce no-pvp rules or some such, with HATE essentially being all the veteran griefers who went off to make their own game?
There's a strong difference between the only consensual-pvp of GilMOO and no-griefing. Getting killed by someone in the game is not being griefed, the setting is one of the more brutal post-apocalyptic worlds and without random people trying to kill you occasionally part of the game is just missing.
Newbies being repeatedly killed is something which the admins should work to punish or at least dissuade even if pvp is an integral part of the game.

Oddly enough I haven't seen much griefing. Well except apartment robberies... which I've somehow avoided, despite having only a scanlock keeping people out of my cheap apartment (and a silver keeping people in hehe). To date I've never been random killed, and the only time I have been killed by a player was when my stress attacked Stabs (which was entertaining).
Maybe I just have some sort of voodoo protecting me that I don't know about. I've been attacked by people who wanted to do some random newbie killing. But so far they've never expressly targeted me.

That will probably change if I start hacking gangland cams.
I haven't really seen too much griefing either, honestly. My first day back to hate I was raped by bonghitz when I tried to deliver a package to the tandoori shack, and I still managed to escape alive. Other than that, there was maybe one occasion that someone even attempted to kill me and I pulled a smoke bomb and disappeared.

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 30, 2011, 02:39:39 pm »

This game seems to be dying, surely but slowly. Unfortunate, really, but if the top level spergs like Alpha and NDY continue ganking lowbies out of existence, then there'll be no one else to play wit

On another note: Rarely see MAGUS on anymore, and DILZ seems to be on 24/7, with every other corp is few and far between.

Only NDY griefs nowadays, and he's rarely on. DILZ is on 24/7, but thats cause we've hired the most active dudes. Also, if you havent noticed, we've helped set up HEAVEN for newbies to get the hang of the game, and if someone attacks you we will go after them.

All in all, there is very little griefing in HATEmoo

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 30, 2011, 04:04:52 pm »

I have just done the funniest thing in HATEmoo: i made a poltergheist in the Orphanage. Please act accordinately, it's currently in Agnes' room, so be carefull.
Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 30, 2011, 09:25:17 pm »

This game seems to be dying, surely but slowly. Unfortunate, really, but if the top level spergs like Alpha and NDY continue ganking lowbies out of existence, then there'll be no one else to play wit

On another note: Rarely see MAGUS on anymore, and DILZ seems to be on 24/7, with every other corp is few and far between.

Only NDY griefs nowadays, and he's rarely on. DILZ is on 24/7, but thats cause we've hired the most active dudes. Also, if you havent noticed, we've helped set up HEAVEN for newbies to get the hang of the game, and if someone attacks you we will go after them.

All in all, there is very little griefing in HATEmoo

After talking with someone in DILZ, I realize why it was happening to me in particular; got that cleared up. And we had a little extra incentive later on... more on that later.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 30, 2011, 10:39:33 pm »

Gentlemen. A coalition of BLIND and DILZ has just succeeded in what we thought was impossible: we robbed NDY's fortress-zeppelin of all he text. Good night.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 30, 2011, 11:16:22 pm »

Present and breaking inductors~

And from what I heard, NDY said he was quitting.

But he'll be back. The toughest sperg to ever sperg along the seven spergs will get his revenge at some point. He'll have fun rebuilding all the stuff he stole, though. Anything valuable that wasn't nailed down was taken, anything else was incinerated.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 11:20:20 pm by Astral »
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Galick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 31, 2011, 12:01:35 am »

I have one thing to say.

.obama Eagle

There are just...no words beyond that.  What kinda loot did you get?  And PLEASE tell me you destroyed the zep somehow.

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 31, 2011, 12:28:35 am »

I have one thing to say.

.obama Eagle

There are just...no words beyond that.  What kinda loot did you get?  And PLEASE tell me you destroyed the zep somehow.

Alas the zep was too fucking heavy due to being impounded/tons of bolted cabinets. As for loot, we got EVERYTHING. Piles of deathshit, exoshit, ammo, weapons, a ton of stolen *cr items i think, everything. Everything else (something the size of maybe 1/5th of the old railhoard for those that know what it was) was incinerated (about 5000kg of crap for those that dont know what the railhoard was)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 51